It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden's Greatest - No Snowflakes Allowed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Sounds as good as anything I have heard previously, can I quote you in future, may have to change my ats name to star dogged moon

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
Going to see them in June! Can't wait.

Bring back footage!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

aww i would never do that to you. I was referring to those baddies who lack control.

relax

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
Rammstein

Seems relevant for this site of late

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Iron maiden has been my favourite band for the majority of my life. Seen them twice and hopefully more to come.
Too many classics to name some of my favourites are :
Ghost of navigator
The evil that men do
Blood brothers
The Nomad
When the wild wind blows

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When the history of top metal bands are written I believe that Maiden should be right up there with Sabbath.
They have done it for so long and done it their way and most amazingly they are still out there touring and putting on good shows.

As I think about all their releases I feel like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is the highlight for me....

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

For sure! Going in June here in Philly. They are my favorite band. Wanted to see them before they ultimately call it quits.

Honestly, I don't think they have a bad song. Even the blaze bayley era has some epic songs (Sign of the cross and the clansman).

Obviously their classics are amazing but their newer stuff is also awesome. Book of souls, the final frontier, a matter of life and death, dance of death, and brave new world are fantastic albums. Even in their 50s, they are putting out much better music than bands in their twenties and thirties.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can listen to "Wasted Years over and over...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

Great song, great album. Fantastic songs on it. Alexander the Great, caught somewhere in time, stranger in a strange land. Ugh. Amazing.

Btw, thanks for this topic, Neith. I was hoping we had some ATS folks loving some Maiden.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

So many good songs, and memories, my bedroom as a teenager was full of eddie posters at one stage.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As a young singer, before I went to school and became an opera singer, I used to listen to and sing along Bruce, and make Maiden compilation tapes.

I used to practice breathing on the end of the intro to Hallowed Be Thy Name, when it goes into the long note when he says 'running low....". What a great song!

Childhood's End still has some of my favorite drums.

Fear of the Dark, Number of the Beast, Prophecy, Seventh Son, Run to the Hills... so many come to mind.

edit on 29-4-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I love Iron Maiden! I still remember my Hubby playing The Trooper in his band years ago. Amazing!!!

Glad to see heavy Metal bands popping up in threads instead of so much politics and doom and gloom!

Thank you so much!
Enjoyed listening to all the vids!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for that, I'm glad there are people who enjoy Metal still, old school. Yes so true, Politics can get rather tedious and dross like after a while.

I'm listening to a couple right now
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Though my taste in music is quite diverse, I will always be a metal head! My first heavy metal band was Black Sabbath. When I first heard them I was like Whoa!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Black Sabbath, now there's an oldie! Head Bangers Unite. lol.

Now I think i'll go listen to some John Denver music.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

=)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I prefer Maiden before they got an opera singer for a vocalist.

Not sayin they haven't done some good stuff with Dickinson but Di'Anno FTW.

My thoughts exactly.
They were a better band on the first two albums. More Proggy with almost a punk edge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join