It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Shattered’ Reveals Clinton’s and Sanders’ Staff Struck Deal to Hide Protests

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I found this on observer.com

"Shattered" Reveals Clinton's and Sander's Staff Struck Deal to Hide Protest

From the opinion piece:

"“When Bernie delivered a speech to his delegates in a ballroom at the nearby Philadelphia Convention Center, they booed lustily when he spoke of his rival. Mook lost his temper. He picked up his phone and dialed Weaver. ‘What the # are you doing?'” wrote Allen and Parnes in Shattered. Mook and Weaver were both afraid the convention would turn into a Clinton protest, so they had a contingency plan. “About a week before the convention, they had put together a joint command operation behind the arena’s main stage. The boiler room, a big open space filled with long tables, folding chairs, and telephones, functioned as a nerve center from which the two camps could exert control over their delegates during the four-day program.” The room, which was filled with Clinton and Sanders aides, had a text communication list to alert all staff of potential problems during the convention. A leaked email revealed that the Clinton campaign completed a “unity check” on Sanders delegates to research the likelihood of them supporting Clinton. “No more war” chants from Sanders delegates were met with an orchestrated response of “USA” chants from Clinton delegates. Sanders signs were taken from Sanders delegates and their lights were shut off if they spoke out. The Clinton campaign forbade Sanders surrogate Nina Turner from introducing Sanders at the convention."

This is sad to see how Bernie Sander's supporters were suppressed during the campaign and convention after it was determined that Clinton was to be the winner. I suspect that both parties conduct this type of operation so that the candidates and their supports appear unified with the party. It shows how the USA loses voices due to those in power manipulating the system to their advantage. It is sad that we cannot get more viewpoints accepted as being valid and not just the voices behind the two parties in power. Like I said; it is sad.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Clinton lost the presidency, I am glad. It would have been a Gestapo led country if she would have got in. Way worse than Trump. I still think that if Bernie would have gotten in to the presidential run, that the Democrats would be in the White House right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb
If anyone had bothered to listen to the Sanders supporters during the convention, the videos of all this... and worse occurring were there.
I know delegates that were at the convention supporting Sanders. They spread the stories of what was happening to shut them down inside on social media.... but it wasn't covered in the news.
My daughter was a Sanders supporter and was outside the convention protesting what was going on.... didn't really see that stuff on the news either.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I still think that if Bernie would have gotten in to the presidential run, that the Democrats would be in the White House right now.

Agreed, I wonder what Bernies first 100 days would have looked like because had it been him vs Trump, that could be a real reality right now.

I bet the DNC also secretly regrets backing Hills.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

They should have let the protest happen. Maybe she would have done better in the election because of what it forced her to do in handling it. How did shoving it under the rug work out for her?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I still think that if Bernie would have gotten in to the presidential run, that the Democrats would be in the White House right now.

Agreed, I wonder what Bernies first 100 days would have looked like because had it been him vs Trump, that could be a real reality right now.

Probably more mass violence from the left, and more stand down orders from the Police, since he sincerely thinks mean ole cops and White's are picking on everyone. How he lets people push him away from the mic, etc, weak leader IMO. I am glad Bernie didn't win, but I also think he deserved his fair shot at it without interference from the Clinton camp.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I remember following the huge DNC convention thread.

All this stuff was reported as it happened. The lights, removing signs, noise canceling electronics, counter chants etc, etc.

NONE of it was covered by the MSM propaganda outlets.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I wonder what Bernies first 100 days would have looked like

All the rich people would be locked up in interment camps and their property seized.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think you are right about the DNC regretting backing Hillary too. They are just too proud to admit it to their voters.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

All the rich people would be locked up in interment camps and their property seized.

Based on the benefit of hindsight where we know he sold-out his constituency to Hillarys campaign after he accepted being royally shafted in exchange for a good retirement package, I would say that those rich folks you speak of would not be negatively effected in any way, shape or form had Bernie got the big chair.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well I guess your right.

The guy does have 3 houses.

edit on 27-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I remember following the huge DNC convention thread.

All this stuff was reported as it happened. The lights, removing signs, noise canceling electronics, counter chants etc, etc.

NONE of it was covered by the MSM propaganda outlets.

I remember worse than that: Sanders supporters reporting that they couldn't get into conventions because their names had mysteriously disappeared off the official lists, or just straight-up having their votes stolen and recorded as Clinton votes.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Clinton lost the presidency, I am glad. It would have been a Gestapo led country if she would have got in. Way worse than Trump. I still think that if Bernie would have gotten in to the presidential run, that the Democrats would be in the White House right now.

It's so sad that Trump was the better option, he probably still is
IF, it's such a great word

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Based on the benefit of hindsight where we know he sold-out his constituency to Hillarys campaign after he accepted being royally shafted in exchange for a good retirement package, I would say that those rich folks you speak of would not be negatively effected in any way, shape or form had Bernie got the big chair.

The greatest effect would have been on the Supreme Court.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

They had no choice but to back Clinton.

Much like Trump, the establishment thought Sanders was a joke and let him run to bring the millennial vote into the Democrat fold. It was never their intention to let him get close to the nomination... and it blew up in their faces and fractured their party.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The DNC is the party of the underhanded.

For the rest of my life ... I will go out to vote 'against' them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
This is sad to see how Bernie Sander's supporters were suppressed during the campaign and convention..

also really sad to see how Bernie was more then complicit in the act and in fact acted as a co-conspirator aiding clintons "suppress the opposition" tactics.
just goes right along with his other actions of accepting that bribe money from clinton to endorse her, as was revealed via wikileaks...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

im unsure on it to be honest. bernies pretty radical and his views quite polarizing. we could have seen an even larger turnout on the other side to rebuke such ideals. in the end we will never know and it bugs me to no end that many on the left have let this slide.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Strong grassroots insurgency within the primary has foreshadowed doom for the other candidate.

Paul/McCain 2008
Paul/Romney 2012
Sanders/Clinton 2016

The last three elections, shut down and disrespect your natural base at you own peril.
Not only will they not support you, they will actively work against you.
The only way to win the big prize is to let it play out organically while respecting the supporters of your opponent enough to win fairly without "cheating".
Obama is an example of this in 2008.
edit on 29-4-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join