It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New copy of Declaration of Independence found in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Saw this article today, and found it quite interesting, i hope you do too!

This is the only copy written on parchment ever found.

Heres the original link... www.nbcnews.com...

NEWS U.S. NEWS
WORLDINVESTIGATIONSCRIME & COURTSASIAN AMERICALATINONBCBLK
NEWS APR 23 2017, 1:56 PM ET
U.S. Declaration of Independence From Late 1700s Discovered in Britain
by AVALON ZOPPO

Two Harvard researchers have uncovered a more than 200-year-old parchment copy of the Declaration of Independence — sitting in a record office in Britain.

Researchers Emily Sneff and Danielle Allen, who have dated the document to the 1780s, said that it was discovered inside the West Sussex Record Office, in Chichester, England.

The original 1776 copy has been housed in the National Archives in Washington, D.C., alongside the Constitution and Bill of Rights, since 1952.

Image: The Sussex Declaration.
The Sussex Declaration. West Sussex Record Office
Sneff and Allen have been compiling a database, called the Declaration Resource Project, to gather every copy of the Declaration of Independence from 1776 to 1820, including broadsides, newspaper versions and books. Almost immediately, the two knew the parchment differed from the 300 copies currently in the directory, as it was the same size and scale as the ceremonial 1776 manuscript.

"We quickly realized it was unlike any other copy that was in our database. It was very exciting," Sneff told NBC News on Sunday. "I was skeptical at first... [but] this is the kind of discovery that every historian wants to make."

Likely produced in Philadelphia or New York, the researchers believe the manuscript was originally held by Third Duke of Richmond Charles Lennox. The 18th century British politician is known for his support for America during the Revolution.

But it's still a mystery as to who sanctioned the Sussex Declaration.

Sneff and Allen, along with a team of analysts, are working to identify the commissioner and say signs point to James Wilson, a signer of the Declaration representing Pennsylvania and Supreme Court Justice from 1789 to 1798.

In a research paper presented on Friday, the researchers supported their theory, writing: "Wilson did more than any other founder to activate the Declaration of Independence as foundational to the ideological origins of the new nation."

One detail in the Sussex version stands in stark contrast to other versions. Rather than grouping the signatories by state, the Sussex version lists names individually. Allen said this showcases the belief of Federalists, such as Alexander Hamilton, that authority rests nationally on the people and not on a federation of states.

"This difference goes along with a debate that was raging on in the 1780s between Federalists and anti-Federalists," Allen said. "That's one thing that makes the discovery so significant."

AVALON ZOPPO TWITTEREMAIL
TOPIC U.S. NEWS
FIRST PUBLISHED APR 23 2017, 1:56 PM ET

edit on 24/4/2017 by Brian4real because: Added link

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Shouldn't be a surprise.

If your gonna declare independence from your oppressor one would give them a copy of it.

To make it all legal like.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Shouldn't be a surprise.

If your gonna declare independence from your oppressor one would give them a copy of it.

To make it all legal like.

True i agree, but could mean when Scotland and US both had their own independents​ it was given to all nations at that point in time.. To make it all legal etc

P's, your probably right about the oppressor part.
edit on 24 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nice thought, however...

as it says in the article "...Rather than grouping the signatories by state, the Sussex version lists names individually...." which gives this version precedence over all others, and...

"Declaration" had a different meaning in the 18th century (it was more like an 'absolute proof of ownership'), and the clincher..

it's written on parchment, which is standard treaty format.

So, in strict international law terms.... it looks like we still own America!

The Whitehouse will probably be rebuilt in Pimlico...which is nice 😊

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder what Ben Gates would find on the back of this one.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I wonder what Ben Gates would find on the back of this one.

Lol well need a new film to find out, thinking the ancient golden "i-Condom" or i-Dildo from the Anunnaki.

Really sorry been drinking and couldn't help myself.. i know its only Monday.
edit on 24 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Little bit of Tipp-Ex and you're all ours again by daylight!

Piers Morgan for POTUS

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Good lord, yes! It'd be the right thing to do! You wouldn't want to shoot thier "officers", out of the saddle, without some kind of "legal" nonsense, to follow? Would you? Next thing we'll "discover", Is 'Normandy' actually belonged
to the U.K. And America paid for it? You know what? Here's a "declaration",.. don't suck me into your version of history. My Great-Grandfathers, my Grandfathers,..my father, paid enough! I've paid enough... A long line of American Soldiers. We Murphy's, fought on both sides during our "civil war". And my cousins killed eachother! Tell me? What is "new" (news) about this?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
American Revolution was a fraud.

To make the world think superpowers are limited to one country..

Britain is just the bank. America is the stage show and financial hierarchy enforcement agency.

And Rome, the mother harlot of the proxy empire, catches zero flak. Not even for raping little boys in the bloody butt without lube. Dont you dare tell me Im the disgusting one.

edit on 29-4-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join