It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens murder grandparents then invite friends over for party

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think you are misinterpreting my post, I am not defending these kids or making excuses for them, I am trying to figure out why these things happen. It's easy to just say they were bad, which is probably true, but their is a lot more to it than just that. I've been working with troubled teens for over 7 years and I understand where you end up in life has a lot to do with where you come from and the choices you make. People just don't wake up one day and want to kill their parents.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I think you are misinterpreting my post, I am not defending these kids or making excuses for them, I am trying to figure out why these things happen. It's easy to just say they were bad, which is probably true, but their is a lot more to it than just that. I've been working with troubled teens for over 7 years and I understand where you end up in life has a lot to do with where you come from and the choices you make. People just don't wake up one day and want to kill their parents.

lol. Kim jong il woke up wanting to off his parents lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well they weren't sitting around twiddling there thumbs.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I said nothing about excuses.

Understanding what psychological conditions are necessary in order to produce a murder like this, will be instrumental in keeping people likely to commit this sort of crime, under close observation, in an institution or otherwise. This will have the twin benefits of keeping dangerously unbalanced persons off the street and under watch, which they ought to be, and also have the effect of preventing this sort of thing being a regular occurrence.

This is not a situation where a gang was involved, or where financial incentives played a part in the decision making process. There are countless murders which HAVE involved incentives beyond casual disregard and even antipathy for life. Gangsters offing family members for a greater cut of proceeds from gang activity, people killing to get further up the command chain, people wiping out other gangsters and their soldiers to gain respect amongst their own... while these sorts of murder are callous and horrid, just as is virtually any murder, the murder of ones grandparents, absent any incentive other than the opportunity to kill itself, is bloody rare, and more alarming by far if only because it is such a poorly understood type of crime.

I am not saying that the perpetrators were not responsible for their actions, because for all I know, they may have been psychopaths. Its worth mentioning that psychopaths are NOT insane in the traditional sense. A person who is not sane, does not understand the difference between right and wrong, does not understand consequence, does not understand causality some of the time either. The connection between action and reaction, for them is very different than it is for you and I. However, a psychopath who kills, knows PRECISELY the difference between right and wrong, but simply does not care which it is they do at any given moment. They do precisely what they like, no matter whether it is acceptable or not.

However, knowing which was going on in this instance, will help prevent this sort of crime in the future, because greater knowledge being spread about the sort of behaviour which might have lead up to this, greater information being widely available about how to get a young person into programs to assess their mental state, and the like, will mean that fewer people are prone to become victims in a circumstance like this one, which I would have thought you could get behind.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I suppose the boy will get the death sentence, rightly so.......while the girl will get off with diminished responsibilities and being led astray by an older person....always the case...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join