It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who know about Vitamin C and Bone Marrow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking, if it were possible to introduce Vitamin C directly into the bone marrow, what adverse effects might one expect? Are there any studies examining the introduction of Vitamin C directly into bone marrow?

I've only been able to find this:

Previously, we reported that vitamin C is transported into bone marrow stromal cells (BMSCs) through the sodium dependent Vitamin C Transporter 2 (SVCT2)...

The crucial role of vitamin C and its transporter (SVCT2) in bone marrow stromal cell autophagy and apoptosis

Would this therefore mean that the Vitamin C within bone marrow is more likely a form of sodium ascorbate as opposed to ascorbic acid, for example? Or something like that?

And if so, would that indicate possible adverse effects from ascorbic acid but not sodium ascorbate if introduced directly to the bone marrow?

Or am I totally and completely wrong about all of this???

Someone school me! Please!!! Even if someone can just point me in the right direction, I will be greatly appreciative

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Cant help much....but the since the body cant store Vitamin C...which is why we need to keep getting it by either foods or high daily doses...Im curious myself as to how long CAN it remain in marrow and at what dosage.

We know we have to maintain the levels otherwise. Im staying tuned to this thread...Thanks..

MS
EMT

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Cant help much....but the since the body cant store Vitamin C...which is why we need to keep getting it by either foods or high daily doses...Im curious myself as to how long CAN it remain in marrow and at what dosage.

I find it curious too, especially because other mammals produce their own -- hence no need to store it. But we lost that ability (if we indeed ever had it).

We know we have to maintain the levels otherwise. Im staying tuned to this thread...Thanks..

I'm glad you find it interesting and it's not just me. Hopefully we'll learn something together!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I find it curious too, especially because other mammals produce their own -- hence no need to store it. But we lost that ability (if we indeed ever had it).

I'm glad you find it interesting and it's not just me. Hopefully we'll learn something together!

Being in the medical field, and trained and brought up in it(we owned a Pharmacy)...Knowledgeable as I am? I always wondered by why we can't store Vitamin C. Its such a wonder in a lot of cases, many of which are being discovered in areas everyday like this one.

A side note? I retired from University of Michigan Medical Center after 20 years...a teaching/learning facility for new breakthroughs and treatments. I asked the same question for 20 years about excreting VIt C....and I only got as many different answers.

Nice thread...will stay posted...thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

A side note? I retired from University of Michigan Medical Center after 20 years...a teaching/learning facility for new breakthroughs and treatments. I asked the same question for 20 years about excreting VIt C....and I only got as many different answers.

That's one of the things that I find most strange about it all. Vitamin C has been studied extensively, and yet we still have so many more questions than answers. I know the human body is a complex machine, but it seems we should know more than we know. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by how much we do know and I'm expecting too much!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Evidently intravenously is the way to take vit C. The body can only absorb 500 mg through vitamins, but several grams at a time intravenously. My wife has been looking into this for some time.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Evidently intravenously is the way to take vit C. The body can only absorb 500 mg through vitamins, but several grams at a time intravenously. My wife has been looking into this for some time.

Thats the point we're discussing. We cant STORE it...so you'd need massive doses daily....I.V., orally and through diet. Still..its puzzling why the body removes it so quickly...

MS
EMT

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's one of the things that I find most strange about it all. Vitamin C has been studied extensively, and yet we still have so many more questions than answers. I know the human body is a complex machine, but it seems we should know more than we know. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by how much we do know and I'm expecting too much!

Good evening "B"....well....we know Ghandi drank a cup of his own urine everyday because of the returning of personal minerals, nutrients and wastes....

Maybe Ghandi was onto something?

Thanks B!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

It definitely seems so. Liposomal C provides slightly lower but similarly high serum levels to the IV C.

I checked around in my area today and found several naturopathic clinics that offer IV Vitamin C. One place advertised 12,000 mgs, another will start at 25,000 mgs and titrate up to 50,000 mgs. There were also a couple of "vitamin bars" that I decided wasn't quite what I want. Only a couple listed prices, and it looks like the IVs start at about $100, but I don't know how many mgs that would be. I talked to my husband about it a little bit ago, and I'm going to call and make an appointment tomorrow for a consultation and see what it can do for me....

I've been thinking about the loss of Vitamin C, and I wonder if it was once like the Vitamin A that our bodies manufacture from beta carotene.... so maybe we once manufactured our own C from something else, and it's that something else that we lost... maybe a plant that went extinct? Or that the PTB criminalized??? (Only half joking with that one!)

top topics

join