It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a problem in my left hand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It had been tingling and sometimes like going numb all morning. I also have heavy sweating at night. Going numb and tingling sensation started this morning? Is it a doctor issue you think?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yes definitely. Tingling and numbness indicate nerve damage. Look up symptoms of a stroke and if that sounds similar call an ambulance right away, and I don't know if heart attacks cause similar. If you don't call an ambulance, definitely go to the doctor tomorrow. Even if it's only nerve damage and nothing else, it takes a long time to heal only minor damage and major damage is permanent, so you really need to find out and stop the cause right away to save months or years of recovery.

PS I'm not a doctor and probably shouldn't give medical advice... But I have had nerve damage. It sucks. I got lucky because mine reversed quickly, because I identified the cause right away.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Here you go....

WebMD

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Oh I said "tomorrow" because it's about 1 AM here. For you, maybe I should have said "later today".

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

You'll be fine. I lost feeling in my left hand for a month straight before. Prob a pinched nerve. Don't sweat it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That's not your hand...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
That's not your hand...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
It had been tingling and sometimes like going numb all morning. I also have heavy sweating at night. Going numb and tingling sensation started this morning? Is it a doctor issue you think?

I have the tingling and numbness in my hand as well, but mine is due to an irritated nerve in my shoulder caused by arthritis inflammation in the joint. The neurologist wasn't overly concerned about it.

As for the night sweating... mine are hot flashes. Getting old as a female bites.

However, I do advise you hit a doc asap. Better safe than sorry. Rule out the bad immediately!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

OK, there is a likelihood you are developing carpal-tunnel syndrome which manifests itself under 'nocturnal symptoms' or symptoms that manifest themselves when you are asleep and your body is totally relaxed. Carpal tunnel is caused by a swelling of the tendons which block/squeeze the nerves running through the carpal tunnel of your wrist.

Causes are repetitive straining / tight and prolonged gripping such as concreters or carpenters or those individuals who use their hands a lot.

I had whats called bi-lateral carpal tunnel which manifested itself in both wrists simultaneously, my only alternative was to get keyhole surgery. The other 2 options is to get Cortisone injections (very traumatic experience as you are injected into the wrist with a massive needle) or STOP completely what you are doing that is occurring on a repetitive basis (a work function or sporting function or something)

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Tingling and numbness can be indicative of a circulation problem when blood flow is reduced or cut off to extremities.

This usually happens to everyone at some point.

Best thing to do is get up and move around. Then see it everything is alright.

If it's not, and persists.

Go see a doctor.

Sweating at night is most of the time not a big deal.

Could be something else.

Again.

Go see a doctor if it's disconcerting.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Go to a doctor. Everything you've described are signs of a possible myocardial infarction. Get it checked out.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I was going to suggest carpal tunnel as a possibility to look into. That's what I was diagnosed with, when I mentioned to my doctor about a tingly-numbness I had constantly in my hand.

She had me buy a thing that holds your wrist in place. I got a prescription for one, but it was just cheaper to buy an over-the-counter one at Target.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Best to have it checked, just in case. Tingling could be something as simple as a pinched nerve, or a
tennis elbow" sort of issue (other things can cause those), or even sleeping wrong, but it could be some thing else, too. Sweating could be a number of things; illness, hormones, just a room that's too hot. I'd recommend a check up, though, to be sure there isn't a serious issue. Even a simple pinched nerve, or something of that sort, can be treated.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

I have the tingling and numbness in my hand as well, but mine is due to an irritated nerve in my shoulder caused by arthritis inflammation in the joint. The neurologist wasn't overly concerned about it.

As for the night sweating... mine are hot flashes. Getting old as a female bites.

However, I do advise you hit a doc asap. Better safe than sorry. Rule out the bad immediately!

For the shoulder issue, have you tried any sort of joint supplement? Have a shoulder issue myself, that can, on occasion, cause some hand tingling upon awakening. Taking a glucosamine/chondriotin/MSM supplement daily has helped. Worked nicely for knee pain, too. Far better, I think, than some of the meds docs will prescribe, that can cause other issues! I saw improvement in under a month, taking three tablets a day. Worth a try! For the night sweats, a fan in the room helps, lol!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
id head straight to the emergency room. get a proper diagnosis. if anyone on the net is willing to give u a diagnosis u do not want to take it. go to a real doctor and let them do the full once over on you

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Go to a doctor? Is that too obvious?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I want to die.it makes no sense why i should suffer for such un known reasons. People get a heart attack and die why am i so unlucky.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If you have untreated diabetes and things are getting out of control it can show up as peripheral neuropathy like this.

Also, night sweats and generally raised body temp could be diabetes too, or cancer, or nothing at all.

Also, depression often presents with diabetes, too & you don't sound too happy. Life can be hard but it can also be good too, just don't let depression run your life - fight back!

Don't let whatever it is get worse, see a doctor ASAP!

edit on 17/4/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I want to die.it makes no sense why i should suffer for such un known reasons. People get a heart attack and die why am i so unlucky.

its the human condition. nothing can be done about it. we all suffer

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I really hope it is something terminal and it kills in short time. This is so #ed up. This is no life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join