It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restricted Documents From the Department of Homeland Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All of the following documents are marked "Unclassified//For Official Use Only." They were retrieved from the Web, even though they're not intended for public distribution.

Thanks to W.

Theres a lot of good reading here like:Chemical Industry Conference – Drug Enforcement Agency September 14, 2004,or "Homeland Security Advisory Increased to ORANGE for Financial Institutions in Specific Geographical Areas", then who can forget the classic: "Guidance on Initial Responses to a Suspicious Letter / Container With a Potential Biological Threat" plus many, many more. Im glad to see our security is impenetrable.

"Read the Restricted Material Here...This is Grand....

[edit on 2-2-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
All of the following documents are marked "Unclassified//For Official Use Only." They were retrieved from the Web, even though they're not intended for public distribution.

Thanks to W.

Theres a lot of good reading here like:Chemical Industry Conference – Drug Enforcement Agency September 14, 2004,or "Homeland Security Advisory Increased to ORANGE for Financial Institutions in Specific Geographical Areas", then who can forget the classic: "Guidance on Initial Responses to a Suspicious Letter / Container With a Potential Biological Threat" plus many, many more. Im glad to see our security is impenetrable.

"Read the Restricted Material Here...This is Grand....

I cant get the products in this article to download to my adobe program , any suggestions on how to download for reading.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks like older material, now if it was something current like from this year I could see it being a security risk. Not to say it isn't interesting, because it is very much so. I've been to TMH a few times, but never really was sure what to make of the stuff presented.

Adobe, that's pdf right?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Adobe, that's pdf right?

yes but when I click it it says the file is not (+pdf-?) in the error box and I have the most current versions of adobe

[edit on 2/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Big perhaps here, but perhaps it is only able to be read with the adobe that is was created with, ie 2004 something version.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Big perhaps here, but perhaps it is only able to be read with the adobe that is was created with, ie 2004 something version.

bummer then I cant read it I thought that last one touched on something of curiousity i was having, but no deal I realize sometimes entertainment value is all these old papers are about otherwise they wouldnt be out in the open. Thanks though for trying to be tech help on the issue though , way above the mod goes when he accepts apon himself the correcting of someone elses problems to better support the people he deals with here at ATS it wasnt even a tech issue of ATS but I appreciate your input all the same

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The memory hole is(was) a great source for all the info that passes thru the cracks. Most of this would never see the light of day. It loaded fine for me, although i have no idea which version of adobe i run...

I posted some files on FBI agents misconducts. There are some good ones, check it out...

FBI agents Misconduct reports...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
The memory hole is(was) a great source for all the info that passes thru the cracks. Most of this would never see the light of day. It loaded fine for me, although i have no idea which version of adobe i run...

I posted some files on FBI agents misconducts. There are some good ones, check it out...

FBI agents Misconduct reports...

well I quess I will have to wait till I cant find a way to read it somewhere else I cant get it to work I have added all the add ons I can and updates including conversion and import issues dealt with in patches but no go , still bummed but thanks anyway

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thats funny those docs are unclassfied simply because theres no need for a top secret status. If there was there would be one. You think the DOD or the dept. of State is that dumb? Hehe why don't you go back to the Reagan days and see how many NSD's are still classified and unavailable to the public. Just go to the Bush Sr. era and have a laugh. Why are these documents unavailable to the public? Most of them have to do with Nuke protocol the others well lets just say too many people are still alive for those to be released.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Thats funny those docs are unclassfied simply because theres no need for a top secret status. If there was there would be one. You think the DOD or the dept. of State is that dumb? Hehe why don't you go back to the Reagan days and see how many NSD's are still classified and unavailable to the public. Just go to the Bush Sr. era and have a laugh. Why are these documents unavailable to the public? Most of them have to do with Nuke protocol the others well lets just say too many people are still alive for those to be released.

That wasnt the point of posting them. What the point is: When you turn on the news and hear "code orange" you have to rely on blind faith in the media to give you the truth. This is an interesting look into what actually happens and how the actually deal with it. And no, they were not meant to be released. But there is a thing called the "freedom of inforamtion act" which means we can. Is it top-secret? no. Is it more relevant than alot of garbage thats posted here? yes...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Point taken now let me educate you. Notice the key phrase 'Resrictive documents' this is the wording used from the source where you copied it from or www.memoryhole.org. Here is what they state about these docs:

"All of the following documents are marked "Unclassified//For Official Use Only." They were retrieved from the Web, even though they're not intended for public distribution."

LOL. Now actually these are not restricted documents at all. The memory hole is simply attempting to make it appear as some special gleaning information station that you should visit to get "insider information'. Which of course you should rather go to the actual source rather than get it piecemeal from these guys.

Let me give you the real link.

www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov...

You'll notice that this was a CONFERENCE. As they have one every year. This web site is part of the department of justice drug enforcement administration. All the documents that have trouble loading at the memory hole will be found here at the department of justice website. They are not restricted in any fashion so there is no need to assume the use of the freedom of information act, which would not help you in any case against restricted documents. Is this more relevant information? The relevant information is classified.

join