It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all lovers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hold on to that wonderful feeling as long as you can. There is nothing better in the world than this one awesome, phantastic person, which makes you try to be the best possible you.
When a word, a look is enough and the blood rushes towards your ... and your knees are getting week and you just arrgh mhhhm yes, "come here you, kiss me".
I hope all of you know what I mean.
Cherish it for as long as you can.

Because soon enough comes the day your one is a lying, selfish piece of # you just want to erase from your memory.
Or
you just accept that the one was maybe just one of many and not very significant from the start.

But I can't. So I long for the perfect one the universe has taken from me, love my sweetey as I wanted him to be. Brave, kind, honest.
And hate the real one from the darkest pits of my aching heart. For all eternity.

Enjoy every second love lasts.
If you're lucky your relationship survives both the rush and the hangover.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Something tells me ... something's not spinning smoothly on its axis.

Be well, Peeps. The sun rises on a new day every 24 hours or so.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Don't give up hope Peeple, I have been with my lover 29 years.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Pain felt for you-so sorry-happens to us all - at least 99.9% of us. You will, I repeat, will survive. The heart is our strongest muscle.
edit on 12-4-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just broke up with the girl I thought I loved last night. Not an easy night and didn't end on good terms but was really nice while it lasted

The love ended over immature, pety reasons so yea here one day, gone the next

So yea enjoy it while it's lasts

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So sweet I read! How nice I thought.. .then you released the lions! I had to stop a second.. .because I was once that "piece of crap.. ." Twice.

Ruined a great 1at marriage. ..married the one that I ran around with on the first.. 2nd marriage ended too..

Lessons learned...met the current love of my life. 10 years younger.. .and 30 years later. ..still going. ..

Sometimes we have to lose to learn how to love...and I still duck once in awhile! Its love that keeps it alive..

Thanks for the thread. ..nicely put!
MS

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We live in a world of deception. People hide their true feelings and beliefs to fit in. Once comfortable in a relationship the true beliefs and feelings start to come out.

My wife and I were like that, she would make a food and I would say I liked it and over the years we were both eating foods we did not like. She would tell me she liked something because I said I liked it to appease her, being polite. One day after many years we decided to get honest with each other and to our surprise, neither of us liked half the foods we were eating. We were able to laugh it off though, having been together for twenty years already.

If we had both been honest we would have not had to suffer so long. Eating the wrong kind of food that does not match your metabolism can lead to people being a little kranky or sickly. I cannot eat a lot of the food my wife really likes and she cannot eat a lot of the foods I like. We were healthier and less kranky when we went to restaurants and ate seperate kinds of foods. But that was very expensive. I now make foods I need and she makes foods she needs and we are both more clear minded again and healthier. The restaurant foods contain a lot of attractant chemistry, she needs way more than I do because she breaks dopamine down well and I don't. so we learned to compromise, I can't eat all the glutamate chemistry she needs and she can't eat all of the fish and seafood chemistry I need. So we compromised and we get along better now and we eliminated most of the foods we both didn't like but we individually thought the other person liked. Being nice instead of being honest can lead to many problems in a relationship sometimes.

I tend to look at the diet aspect, everyone needs a different diet to get to the same point, civil and friendly. Kranky is of German origion I think, Krank means sick.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That doesn't really apply, but a great story.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That doesn't really apply, but a great story.

Some day when you do find the right person, it may apply. Keep that in mind.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Maybe you were just to needy, or did you let yourself get fat?

edit on 12-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Or you could just be disillusioned from the onset and avoid all the BS.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yes! Hold on to it while it lasts and when it's over, as hard as it is, let it go.
Some people are fickle, I can be at times. When you have children with another, IMO, love changes and forgiveness must be foremost. I think sometimes when we are in love, we almost create an unreal character in the other. A character that they couldn't possibly live up to.
I think when they fail our expectations that we must forgive and remember the good times. Find a new way to be. Even when they fall in love with someone else. There was a reason we 'fell in love' to begin with and maybe those things haven't changed.
I dunno, sorry for the ramblings.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This post makes me think of this.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You took a long time to get there, but overall you make an excellent point. At the end of the day honesty is a cornerstone to a good relationship.. without honesty what ls the point?

I would much rather be upset for a moment and work through any issue than be lied to or kept in the dark purposefully. If you can't trust the person enough to be honest than you aren't with the right person.

That's my opinion any way .

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

You took a long time to get there, but overall you make an excellent point. At the end of the day honesty is a cornerstone to a good relationship.. without honesty what ls the point?

I would much rather be upset for a moment and work through any issue than be lied to or kept in the dark purposefully. If you can't trust the person enough to be honest than you aren't with the right person.

That's my opinion any way .

Respectfully,
~meathead

The thing is, we want to please our spouse and we have been taught that little white lies are beneficial. In the longrun, honesty is better as long as you are not a jerk about it. I do know people who get offended easily, maybe they should have this explained to them.

Sorry about the long last post, I try to give a real life example of things often. Without making it glorious, so sometimes they are boring.

top topics

join