It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin reverses course. Agrees to meet Tillerson for talk.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think this is a good sign after earlier canceling his meeting with Tillerson on tomorrow. Putin is the man with the cool head. Hopefully, he talks some sense into Tillerson and deescalate the situation in Syria.

www.westernjournalism.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I'm sure he intended to speak with him, saying he wouldn't was probably a stunt.

Putin always likes to appear tough.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I just get the sense there's way more going on here than we're being let in on.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I just get the sense there's way more going on here than we're being let in on.

There always is...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Perhaps they "discuss" a "2-State" Syria solution.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If Putin talks with Tillerson, are we back to the 'Trump and Putin are colluding' narrative again?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't know what they expect to achieve when Tillerson is talking so tough

“Russia has really aligned itself with the Assad regime, the Iranians, and Hezbollah. Is that a … long-term alliance that serves Russia’s interest, or would Russia prefer to realign with the United States, with other Western countries and Middle East countries who are seeking to resolve the Syrian crisis?” Tillerson asked. The White House reminded Russia Monday the ultimate goal of the U.S. in Syria was to defeat ISIS, followed by “creating the political environment necessary for the Syrian people to have new leadership there.” “Russia can be a part of that future and play an important role, or Russia can maintain its alliance with this group, which we believe is not going to serve Russia’s interest longer-term,” Tillerson said Tuesday prior to his trip to Moscow. “But only Russia can answer that question.”

www.westernjournalism.com...

I think the USA is being particularly naive if they think that Russia is just going to abandon Assad because they said to.

The only way forward for this is to dust off Putin's rejected peace plan and rework it. Russia is not just going to roll over here.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And the Oscar for best fake invasion goes to...

**drumroll**

Donald Trump, Vladamir Putin, And Bashar Al Assad for the 2017 Syria Chemical Weapons Fiasco!!!!

**waits for the acceptance speech**

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

ye

i.imgur.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm sure they will be talking about all the screwed up things happening in our country while drinking Vodka and orange juice. It will be an amusing conversation. The hard part is making up the lies of all the bad things they said to each other during their meeting. I'm kind of wondering what kind of lunch they will be serving. Of course, Tillerson will have to say it sucked.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

tillerson shouldnt even waste his breath....

putin is way too sensible to him.

Go blow your hot air somewhere else killerson

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

tillerson shouldnt even waste his breath....

putin is way too sensible to him.

Go blow your hot air somewhere else killerson

Who did he kill?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Kimmy sent Trump a box of chocolates and a teddy bear, and now the world is finally at peace. Till tomorrow. I've never seen so many flip-flops and contradicted reports in such a short time period in my whole life.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

ill tell you in a couple days.... when the us armada shows up on nkorea shores.....

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
If Putin talks with Tillerson, are we back to the 'Trump and Putin are colluding' narrative again?

Boing boing.

count on it.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Meanwhile we have a completely different thread saying the exact opposite. So much disinformation​ out there.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I get the impression they're making a deal to carve up Syria and split the energy spoils. What we're seeing is pure political theater by both Putin and Trump to justify escalated military action to the people of their respective countries and the world.

Remember, "the deal" is an artform.
edit on 4/11/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Well, I guess when Putin meets with Tillerson, we
will know which one was fake news then.

Ah ha!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I think everyone will breath a sigh of relief with some normalcy.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Putin's no fool... He understands that it will only help him to partner with one of the few options out there, that actually is fighting against the Globalist agenda...

Syria is not worth the expense of falling into their goal of GLOBAL conflict...

MSM will pull their usual globalist friendly BS reports trying to increase tensions..

I don't think it's going to work...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join