It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Ginsburg Refers To Lindsey Graham As One Of The ‘Women Of The Senate’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmm...Maybe Senator Graham isn't the most 'manly man' in the Senate, but a Supreme Court Justice thinks he's a 'she'.

At what point can a Supreme court Justice be replaced for senility?
It's a bit disconcerting that this senile old lady is ruling on the most critical laws and cases of the land.

Maybe that nice lady is just a little out of touch...or off her meds.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the late Justice Antonin Scalia were honored with Allegheny College’s Prize for Civility in Public Life in Washington Monday.

During her remarks at the ceremony, Ginsburg pointed to her and Scalia’s confirmation to the court, adding she hopes “members of Congress… and others of goodwill will lead the way in restoring harmonious work ways.”

Ginsburg further pointed out two other sets of Allegheny’s honorees.

“Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John McCain” and the “women of the Senate, Senators Dianne Feinstein and Lindsey Graham.”

dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Let's be honest here. Maybe that last time she spoke to Lindsey he identified as a woman?

Anyhow, my parents who I love to death are in their 80's and I sure as hell wouldn't want either of them on the SCOTUS!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yup, it's time for another fine conservative Supreme Court appointment.

I can see heads exploding from here!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

your right. elderly shouldnt be leading anything. Heck... have you seen them try to drive a car????

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Dang you!!

You made me "Almost" pee in my pants.

LOL!!

Actually that pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Let's be honest here. Maybe that last time she spoke to Lindsey he identified as a woman?

Must've been on a Tuesday or Thursday.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, he self-identifies as a douchebag.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't be so harsh guys, when I hear the name Lindsey my first thought is a woman.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: seeker1963

your right. elderly shouldnt be leading anything. Heck... have you seen them try to drive a car????

Ummmm, yea!

I won't say the elderly shouldn't have any input, however, they sure as hell should have to take some tests or something to be qualified to govern! JOHN MCCAIN, NANCY PELOSI etc etc.....

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Don't be so harsh guys, when I hear the name Lindsey my first thought is a woman.

She knows him.
I think the old dear is losing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This thread is desperation pure and simple. So Ginsburg misspoke. It isn't the end of the world...

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hey now. Toiletry preferences have nothing to do with gender identity.

Let's be tolerant of Lindsey's restroom habits.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Yup, it's time for another fine conservative Supreme Court appointment.

I can see heads exploding from here!

Time again for Trump to break out his list of potential SCOTUS nominees.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Term limits!

One of the things I'd love to see: Term Limits for all in congress and the supreme court. For SCOTUS I'd like to see a 10 to 15 year term only, then you have to go.

Out of curiosity I looked up who served on SCOTUS the longest. That was William O. Douglas. As a Justice for 36 years and 211 days (April 15, 1939 to November 12, 1975).

Shortest was Thomas Johnson who was only on the bench for 164 days. Aug 5th, 1792 to Jan 16th, 1793.

Ginsburg has been on the bench for 23 years, 243 days.

Term Limits!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
trump could always try to do what fdr failed to do and pass the judicial reform act of 1937 , the TLDR of that is for every justice over 70 who had served 10 years the president would get to appoint a new justice to SCOTUS ,that would pretty much piss off the left to levels i dont think we have seen yet en.wikipedia.org...

The provisions of the bill adhered to four central principles: allowing the President to appoint one new, younger judge for each federal judge with 10 years service who did not retire or resign within six months after reaching the age of 70 years; limitations upon the number of judges the President could appoint: no more than six Supreme Court justices, and no more than two on any lower federal court, with a maximum allocation between the two of 50 new judges just after the bill is passed into law; that lower-level judges be able to float, roving to district courts with exceptionally busy or backlogged dockets; and lower courts be administered by the Supreme Court through newly created "proctors".[100] The latter provisions were the result of lobbying by the energetic and reformist judge William Denman of the Ninth Circuit Court who believed the lower courts were in a state of disarray and that unnecessary delays were affecting the appropriate administration of justice.[101][102] Roosevelt and Cummings authored accompanying messages to send to Congress along with the proposed legislation, hoping to couch the debate in terms of the need for judicial efficiency and relieving the backlogged workload of elderly judges.[103] The choice of date on which to launch the plan was largely determined by other events taking place. Roosevelt wanted to present the legislation before the Supreme Court began hearing oral arguments on the Wagner Act cases, scheduled to begin on February 8, 1937; however, Roosevelt also did not want to present the legislation before the annual White House dinner for the Supreme Court, scheduled for February 2.[104] With a Senate recess between February 3–5, and the weekend falling on February 6–7, Roosevelt had to settle for February 5.[104] Other pragmatic concerns also intervened. The administration wanted to introduce the bill early enough in the Congressional session to make sure it passed before the summer recess, and, if successful, to leave time for nominations to any newly created bench seats.[104]

fun fact you dont have to be a US citizen to be on scotus

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You really don't see the problem here?

She can't even stay awake anymore.

Most people exhibiting her signs of old age don't even get charge of their own finances at this point, yet she's granted the responsibility of interpreting our Constitution?!?!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Justice Ginsburg will be "announcing" her retirement very soon I think.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join