It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is YouTube trying to bankrupt the Alternative Media?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just to add, i start an alternative news page on youtube, got around 500 followers.
my vids get around 12,000 hits each, a week ago I lost revenue on my most popular videos.

I think videos that get lots of dislikes (regardless whether it has 100 times more likes) are what have had revenue removed, at least in my experience.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Best to look for the next gold rush.

See....this is the dispute I have with the "humans can sit back and let robots take care of us". That ust won't happen. If we were freed from needing to labor by robotic automation tomorrow, a sizable portion of the population would still work to build something of their own. To build and nurture. Thats just what people do.

We create gold rushes.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I do agree with you, but some of these providers have quit their full time jobs to focus on their channels. Theyve been relying on that income alone, and to cut it off without warning isbleaving them in a tough spot.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Interesting... im not familiar with their pay structures, but that seems awfully unfair to penalize based on dislikes. Youtube is FULL of trolls. Whats to to stop a competing channel from flooding you with dislikes just to hurt your income?
Im sorry to hear about your losses. Keep us posted on the comings/goings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join