It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Filipino President Duterte sees Radical Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
good on him

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The guy is a weasel and psychotic, he needs to be put down.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Does anyone have a better solution?

Is no solution better than a crappy solution?

Duterte cleaned up his home town Davao so that it is finally rising above third world conditions.

People saw what happened in Davao and saw a chance to escape the corruption of politicians. The corrupt politicians who steal everything for themselves. The ones who keep their Country in third world status, causing far more death and suffering than Duterte.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

These pricks can kiss my ass

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey, desperate times, desperate measures. Just hope tha mentality doesn't forever stick.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Duterte is a psychopath and the closest thing to an actual hitlerian figure in the world.

But hes probably being smart about this. Though there may be better methods to confront it.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Duterte is a psychopath and the closest thing to an actual hitlerian figure in the world.

But hes probably being smart about this. Though there may be better methods to confront it.

So, are you saying you support ISIS now or just down right hate Duterte? Do you really think a new Philippine president will actually prevent this peacefully? It has proven it is a war zone, so it shall be a war zone. This isn't really a civil war, but more infiltration war.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet
Does anyone have a better solution?

Is no solution better than a crappy solution?

Duterte cleaned up his home town Davao so that it is finally rising above third world conditions.

People saw what happened in Davao and saw a chance to escape the corruption of politicians. The corrupt politicians who steal everything for themselves. The ones who keep their Country in third world status, causing far more death and suffering than Duterte.

oh yes he "cleaned up" Davao all right. by the use of DEATH SQUADS to murder those they deemed criminals, without pesky things like trials. and even when during the election he backed up the killing of people without a trial for suspected drug use, people applauded. i rather suspect many of those are the same people who cheer when some poor fool gets electrocuted and dies when trying to steal electricity they can not afford. it would not surprise me if those same people would cheer Duterte on if he were to say he was going to kill off millions of the poor (which by the way are the the largest number of those murdered over drugs), to reduce crime. and for those not familiar with the Philippines Davao in on Mindanao, one of the Muslim dominated areas of the country, that is a mecca for Muslim terrorism. and has been for hundreds of years, going back to Spanish conquest of the country (which of course the real cause for that can be attributed back to the Muslim conquest of Spain even longer ago). which is really why Duterte hates the Muslims, since they want to be a fully Muslim country under sharia law.

i actually find it ironic that people see Duterte as a chance to escape corrupt politicians, police etc. since that corruption mainly stems from the dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos. a time when corruption was the way everything worked. a regime that only ended 31 years ago, due to the EDSA revolution of 1986. you see Duterte and many of his supporters admire Marcos and his regime. many being the younger generations under 30, who thanks to whitewashing of history in school think that dictatorship was a time of great prosperity (well it was for the rich and corrupt), with almost no crime at all (thanks to brutal enforcement against anything Marcos didn't like, and a controlled press that said there was little crime). now 31 years does seem like a long time, but remember we are only now getting to the point where most higher officials of the government, police etc, that were in power, working and trained under and in that corrupt regime are getting old enough to retire. in fact the last two governments before Duterte had been making good progress in ending a lot of that corruption. just a few years ago when you were stopped by a traffic enforcer, it was fully expected that when you handed over your license that a monetary bribe would automatically handed over as well for example. they would also suggest that you just pay them any fine, so you would not have to go down to city hall in a couple weeks to pay the fine and get your driver's license back. that was just standard operations for the police. yet they seriously cracked down on things like that. that was all normal day to day life. there was even a case a few years ago when an OFW (offshore worker) was "arrested" for murder, a murder that there was no way they could have committed. yet the police wanted a bribe of $20,000 (US$, not Philippine Piso), to make the problem go away. ironically a few years back a bus full of Chinese tourists were taken hostage. this was during the crackdown of corrupt police. the hijacker was a cop who had been fired for being corrupt. what did he want in return for the hostages? HIS JOB BACK.

you ask if anyone has a better solution? are you referring to drugs and other crime, other than just murdering people with no evidence needed? how about actually dealing with the extreme poverty of the country? there are millions of people in Manila alone who are far beyond what a North American thinks of as poverty. people who dig through trash, to try and find things they might be able to sell to a junk dealer, to buy some food (mainly just cheap rice) and provide for their family. people who live n a lot of cases in the hand cart they use to collect the stuff. where there are millions of people in Manila who can't afford a home, and squat wherever they can find a place to set up. or sleep literally anywhere they can find a space. where millions of people in the city cook on cheap coal, because electricity and even a hot plate are far too expensive for them. where people are so poor they will steal anything and everything, including toilet paper and seats if they actually put them in washrooms. people who are further locked into a cycle of poverty because they can't afford to go to even grade school. where there is no real welfare system to help people (to be honest there is no way the government could afford to have that). even those with decent jobs struggle to pay their 30 year mortgage on their 15'x15' house. while there are people driving Ferraris and living in mansions. is it any wonder people try to escape using shabu (methamphetamine),or rugby (sniffing glue, paint, or other chemicals)? or steal anything that's not nailed down?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Btw drug dealers deserve to die because they profit from peoples suffering.

Shall we start lining up the big pharma execs against the wall because they profit from peoples suffering.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of you are missing the point here, I have stated this a number of times, You cannot judge the Filipino people and the way they think with how we portray things in the west.. I am white British London born and raised but I have links to PH and spend substantial time there.. Duterte has a near on 100% approval rating or low 90s in the last lot of Polls I saw, The people there love him because of the things he has implemented be it wage increase for public services or outing the long known corrupt element in the Government..

The country has changed a ton in the last 12 months.. To western mind its crazy I agree to the average Filipino he is the best thing since roasted hog...

RA
edit on 8-4-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't you fellows be picking on my boy "Double Tap Duterte " now.

Any leader of a democratic nation that will let Art Bell live there, is alright in my book.

Buck

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

This isn't new news but it's important to spread to spread the word so thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Shall we start lining up the big pharma execs against the wall because they profit from peoples suffering.

Well If the conspiracy surrounding the pharma lobby is true and that they withhold cures for various cancer types because treating the symptoms is more profitable as curing them please go ahead and line them up for me. I have no problem pulling the trigger myself. If they don't care about human lifes then there is no reason why i should care about theirs. What comes around goes around.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

US did this in the past, even hang criminals all alike. I see no reason why they can't. Was the very reason US became very strong just to get involved in WW1 and WW2 because the wild west days were over and lots of criminals had been hunted down. Unless you want to live in Escape from New York, I highly doubt jailing is the way to go for big criminals now a days because they bail out. It has already proven by Drug lords. They break out of jail by recruiting more people and making others suffer. If they get released again, they'll just make your next generation suffer even more. There is a reason why South America is fked over.
edit on 8-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Neith
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Why is it everyone knows this but the WEST???

Why would the West attack and/or go after their own assets? (aka IS)

That's why. The West is too concerned with Assad and beautiful babies than IS.

There's one thing I'm confident about, which is the West is NOT concerned about babies.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Duterte is an EU trained puppet that aims at returning the Philippines under Spanish domination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join