It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you explain Static on a Motion activated Voice Recorder in a Empty Room?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Static

So I have a Motion activated Voice Recorder that I use to collect my EVPs with as I believe they are the most accurate at eliminating false positives especially if you set it up late at night just before bed. I set a timer on it to start 25 Minutes after I start the clock and place it in an empty room at Night Time at 1200am. It starts recording at 12:25 am and goes till 5am in the morning. And during that time it only picked up 1 recording in a empty room with no one in it at 3:25am in the morning. This is the same room where I saw a Light Anomaly Materialize head into my TV and cause it go Laggy/static. I usually get all the EVPs in my room but I decided to try a empty room in the House and see if I got any results. And the only result was 1 recording with static. This is what the Static Looks like on Waveform.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Dust?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Have you got a smart meter on your house? For electricity.
I recently read where someone claimed that after the installation of a smart meter on their house, they were awoken at 3:25am every morning by it transmitting information. They sold the house

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Dust?

Can Dust make a waveform like the one in the picture?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Have you got a smart meter on your house? For electricity.
I recently read where someone claimed that after the installation of a smart meter on their house, they were awoken at 3:25am every morning by it transmitting information. They sold the house

As far as i know no we don't

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Static electricity itself? Furnace and ductwork?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired
I was thinking along those lines. Furnace, house settling, neighbor's dog making a single bark, car backfiring.

The thing gets activated by a noise but perhaps misses the noise itself.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't know about static, but I have motion censored lights on my house, and had to put up light blocking curtains because anything moving outside would trigger it at night. A leaf, a bug, anything that produced a shadow.

I would sit and watch that darn light for minutes trying to see what was triggering the light to come on, when I finally figured out it was so sensitive that just the lightest of breeze would trigger those darn lights.

Got them cheap at Costco. Will stock up the next time they get them, if they do. The really are great solar powered lights.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The sound itself was "Pick Up" but in the form of a knock or a slight drop one end hits and the other less loudly so; if dropped? Then the echo of the universe? "Pick up" is the answer to what sounded like a light drop... so hey could be a form of communication something going bump in the night... such things can be heard directly from the environment itself all the time, if one gets in tune to it(can be a hell on it's own mind you; but it is a phenomena always arising and passing... typically in unawareness) this occurs not just in the form of electrical waves as all are basically atoms bouncing up and down at different rates and densities as a "wave".

Of course to be able to hear those ambient noises as words; Zen/Chan is great training for being able to sit and hear all the ambient conversations going on all around you. However, it is after awhile nothing special or no big deal and can become just as irritating as a neighbors dog barking or TV on too loud. But you can filter it out or tune it in at will once learned so no big deal. Not being able to tune it out? Likely what gets labeled as Schizophrenia just out of poor understanding of the phenomena.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A lot of recorders can inadvertently pick up infrasound- sound below the human hearing range.
It will cause the microphones diaphragm to "dance" so to speak. The "dancing" can be picked up as static or a strange oscillation sound.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
cosmic ray charged particles.
griffithobservatory.org...
www.newsy.com...

Old time ham radio operators have known about this for a long time.

The static is higher during the day and may over ride signals coming from stations sun ward of the receiver station at sunrise or sunset.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I dropped it into the free Audacity sound program and slowed it down, but it still doesn't sound like anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think the anomaly neat; because it shows flatline a small unheard lift from the surface flat line then the loud descending sharp hit then lighter drop back to flat line.

If that was the speaker building energy through the coil as Natas said and then discharging that energy through the cone as a wave of pressure to create movement to produce the sound?

Likely a great possibility... so I have to ask; was the speaker face up or face down?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
I think the anomaly neat; because it shows flatline a small unheard lift from the surface flat line then the loud descending sharp hit then lighter drop back to flat line.

If that was the speaker building energy through the coil as Natas said and then discharging that energy through the cone as a wave of pressure to create movement to produce the sound?

Likely a great possibility... so I have to ask; was the speaker face up or face down?

It was face up on a neat bed. I have captured this same static many times before didn't think to much of it in my room usually accompanied by a EVP in the next recording. I think the Spirits in my House know that I am recording them so they will have to gather enough Energy to cause the disturbance seen in the waveform with a small tap to trigger the recorder and then use the disturbance to give a Message in the next instance of them triggering it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I dropped it into the free Audacity sound program and slowed it down, but it still doesn't sound like anything.

Yup same here I didn't here anything with Wavepad either. Even with enhancements.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
cosmic ray charged particles.
griffithobservatory.org...
www.newsy.com...

Old time ham radio operators have known about this for a long time.

The static is higher during the day and may over ride signals coming from stations sun ward of the receiver station at sunrise or sunset.

I always set my recorder up at Night when everyone is in Bed that way to eliminate false positives.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
IF that first registered blip primes the environment for the much larger precisely timed excursion then we are missing some information.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ghosts?

www.foxnews.com...

Seismographs at the University of California, Berkeley sensed the two shock waves traveling through the ground, determining the second, larger event to be equivalent to an earthquake measuring 3.4 on the Richter magnitude scale.

top topics

join