It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump extends an olive branch to Iran as Boeing signs 3 billion deal with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Boeing signs its first major deal with Iran under the Trump admin. Trump needs Iran and Russia as major allies against jihadists in Syria. Also, Russia keeps Iran in check and Iran keeps Hezbollah in check. Iran is dependent on Russia for its military hardware. So Russia calls the shots what Iran does. Iran supplies Hezbollah through Iraq and Syria. So Iran calls the shots what Hezbollah does. So the US having good relation with Iran = peace between Hezbollah and Israel.

link

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Should be interesting to watch seeing

Iran on Sunday sanctioned what it described as 15 American companies, alleging they support terrorism, repression and Israel's occupation of land Palestinians want for a future state, likely in retaliation for sanctions earlier announced by the U.S. The wide-ranging list from an American real estate company to a major arms manufacturer appeared more symbolic than anything else as the firms weren't immediately known to be doing business anywhere in the Islamic Republic. A Foreign Ministry statement carried by the state-run IRNA news agency said the sanctions barred companies from any agreements with Iranian firms and that former and current directors would not be eligible for visas. It also said any of the company's assets in Iran could be seized.
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I love all people. But extending an olive branch to the Iranian government must mean that they also do the same. If they don't, this is wrong. Note the word "government". The people may be generous, but the government is an enemy for now.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Iran is Shia. Shia are close followers of Muhammad. The Iranian government is not threat to America.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Good. Trump needs to extend olive branches to everyone. Much better than trying to war with everyone. Radical, irational people can be dealt with differently. Most problems are solved through honest communication. So for honest communication to happen first the us needs to rid themselves of the gators swimming round the swamp. That would go a long way in the eyes of the rest of the world.
Then we can figure things out honestly and collectively. Lead by example

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

So Iran calls the shots what Hezbollah does

Hassan says he wants to have a discussion with you about PR releases.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
I love all people. But extending an olive branch to the Iranian government must mean that they also do the same. If they don't, this is wrong. Note the word "government". The people may be generous, but the government is an enemy for now.

Public and private positions. Iran loves the anti US rhetoric, but behind the scenes they really want to just get along with us. We leave them alone, they leave us alone. It wouldn't benefit them to get in a war with us as long as they can be reasonably certain we won't attack them.

They'll continue to play the nuclear card of course, but they don't really want nukes, they just want the incentives to not develop them.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What's going to interest me about this is watching the Conservatives twist and contort or outright lie to be okay with this, after spending the past 8 years screaming about Iran.

Personally, I think we should have normalized with Iran a long time ago. The Republicans weren't having it though.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I didn't like Obama doing it and I don't like trump doing it.
Bad things are going to happen in the Middle East in the next decade.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Normalize with everyone. Or do your best at least. Cultures and beliefs are different everywhere. Thats got to be understood first. There is no changing that. But work hard to find a middle-ground, compromise-type thing. If it doesnt work, it doesnt work. But people are different everywhere. So there is no cookie cutter mold that people should fit into. Try all you want its not going to happen. Ever. No republican, democrat #e its bigger than that. Fundamental understanding of cultures is #1.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Iran is dependent on Russia for its military hardware. So Russia calls the shots what Iran does.

No it doesn't. Buying guns at a gun store doesn't mean the owners of the gun store tell you how to use them or how to do anything.

As far as Trumps "Olive Branch", they know better, Iran knows they're next after Syria.

Turns out Trump is just a another lackey, using the recent gas attack in Syria as an excuse to go right back to the same old warmonger policy to overthrow Syria and make Assad go. What a chameleon...

"And I will tell you, it’s already happened that my attitude toward Syria and Assad has changed very much," though when asked at an earlier meeting whether he was formulating a new policy on Syria, Trump said: "You'll see."

Reuters

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Buying guns at a gun store doesn't mean the owners of the gun store tell you how to use them or how to do anything.

It does. Planes need spare parts. If country A buys planes from country B, then country A is dependent on country B for spare parts. So country A does what country B tells it to do.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

There is no "Olive Branch". Assad must go, then Iran. They aren't that stupid, neither am I.
edit on 5-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Trumps puppet masters in Russia are telling him who to deal with.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The is no "Olive Branch". Assad must go, then Iran. They aren't that stupid, neither am I.

You are just a scrub for Israel is what you are saying. Got it.
edit on 5-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Given the history of western relations in the middle east,
I would agree with you 100% regardless of who is making what deals with whom.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The is no "Olive Branch". Assad must go, then Iran. They aren't that stupid, neither am I.

You are just a scrub for Israel is what you are saying. Got it.

Bite your keyboard. Does a person always have to type /sarc after everything they say to keep the dumdums quiet?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
we should be extending olive branches to all countries including our enemies, you know the old saying - keep your friends close and your enemies closer!! we have to stop all the cold war nonsense and try to be diplomatic with the rest of the world. another good saying - you catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar!!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Iran nuclear deal = bad,

But is THIS deal an economically and financially wise move? I think so.

Maybe I'm miseducated about the Iran Nuclear deal but personally, I feel critical of, and opposed to it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Iran isn't in the reerve banking cartel with the west. That is why they are our enemy. Same with Russia, libya, n. korea, cuba, iraq....any country we've been at odds with.

I've not been in favor of sanctions and negativity towards Iran since the 80's. I don't subscribe to the fiat debt system, personally, and see no reason to hate nations outside our reserve system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join