It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Arm-Chair Analysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Advantage

That's great advice, I can really feel that you wrote that from a personal place. Thanks for sharing.

Oh yes.. its a personal thing for sure.. but Id bare my soul to prevent another person from the effects of that kind of sadness and rage. Even a perfect stranger.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I went to a therapist once because I tried to kill myself.

He looked at me and said, "You can't do anything right".

This reminds me of the time I was going to marriage counseling with my first wife. It was our second year of marriage counseling and my wife was dealing with some really heavy issues. I wanted to have kids and she didn't want to. It turns out her father-in-law inappropriately fondled her boobs when she was a teenager. I had issues but her issues were really a big deal. On top it all her father-in-law was a psychologist and monumental a hole. He really twisted her up. Our sessions were getting really intense and very difficult. One day she announced she was leaving me. She said she was moving to California and that she had been having a online relationship with some guy she met at some business conference.

So I end up going to the therapist after my wife left. The first words out of my mouth to the therapist were, "I'm cured!" I think I went once or twice more by myself but going to marriage counseling by yourself after your wife left you kind of defeats the purpose of it.

It all worked out fine. My second wife is 10 years younger than me. And I love her dearly. I have two great kids. Life is good. At this point though, I don't think I'm going to get my half of the $30,000 dollar my first wife took out of our checking account with her to California. What's also really funny is couple of years ago I looked up my first wife on the internet. She had posted some pictures. What stunned me was the guy she left me for looked like my twin brother! It was really weird. He had a lot more money than I do and really nice big sail boat. Whatever.

I would not trade my boys with my second wife for anything in the world. My second wife is my baby mama and is sacred to me. But still, pain builds character. I have way too much character in my opinion!

edit on 4-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Thank you for your words Advantage. I feel like my heart was torn away when she died. Death is something that none of us it taught how to prepare for as it affects us all differently. I need to move on but I can't as long as I live with my dad. He does nothing but act like he is smarting than everyone else even the doctors after the heart attack I had two months ago. He drives me to my appointments and demands to be there in the examining room. I through a fit to demand that he stay out of there. All it causes is trouble between the two of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I wanted a second opinion; he said ok "you're ugly too"

R. Dangerfield

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

pain builds character.

Very true, and that's why adversity is a blessing in disguise. People that have suffered the most usually have the biggest hearts.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

My wife and I have been married for so long and we're so old that divorce would be a silly option.

She'd just wait for me to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join