It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Arm-Chair Analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, I am not a professional psychiatrist. Yes shocking I know, but I can't help but notice what is happening to people all around the world. We are experiencing unprecedented times so it's understandable that you feel the way you do, but I am here to reassure you that everything will be okay and the vast mix of emotions you are feeling are all part of the process. Remember folks, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Shock: The truth of reality, or lack thereof, can be a huge shock to your entire psyche when it goes against everything you thought you knew and believed, leaving you stunned, numb and at a loss for words. This first stage will be the foundation on which everything else will build upon.

Denial: You are still experiencing shock, so naturally every fiber in your being is fighting against this new revelation. You ponder the possibility that you may have been wrong the entire time, but ego and pride are too much to overcome at this early stage.

Anger: Going through stages of shock and denial will ultimately leave you very frustrated and angry as you continue to try and fight off the inevitable. This is the stage where your confusion and bottled up emotions mix together and take over your rational side, leaving you to act out of character and even possibly lash out at people.

Acknowledgement: After the foam clears from your mouth and the pent up rage cools down, you begin to rationalize and acknowledge the truth. This will be a very profound moment in your life. At this stage some people will either run and hide from their own embarrassment, or continue to seek in vain for a way out.

Depression: when you can no longer run from yourself or the inevitable, the truth sets in and you're left with nobody but yourself. This is a pivotal and very important moment in the process as it gives you time to reflect on yourself and the situation, giving you much needed clarity. Take your time if need be.

Acceptance: You have finally come to realize the true nature of the situation and are now looking for ways to move forward. By this stage you will have learned so much about yourself, you will have grown exponentially and you will feel reinforced and empowered with your new outlook on life. If you made it this far, you will now have a brand new foundation to build upon. This is your new beginning.

•••

So there you have it folks, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Remember there is nothing to be ashamed of and the faster you realize this the faster you can move forward.

Signed, Doctor KH
edit on 4-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is true that, with the death of the old guard, we are destined to suffer the aftershock for the fall shall be great.
Brace yourself and we ought to prepare ourselves for rebuilding a new, more humanistic guard to lead the future ranks!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Well said and eloquently put. My eloquence meter is somewhere at like 2/10 so I have to rely heavily on my wit and a bunch of other stuff. (See what I mean?) Lol

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I cant get out of the shock phase. "Stunned, numb, loss for words". Ive been stuck there round 20 years now. Help doc! Do you write prescriptions?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I went to a therapist once because I tried to kill myself.

He looked at me and said, "You can't do anything right".

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Umm.. uhh.. you..

Sorry I'm at a loss for words..

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well I'm glad you sucked at that. Seems to me you turned out alright. "Seems"

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ha ha you don't say?

I like it though, gotta read between the lines and stay on ones toes etc.

In all seriousness, though, a lot of the resistance we are seeing is our innate aversion to change (somewhat valid I might add- most major political changes end badly). I do believe this time is unprecedented in how swiftly changes will come-- I imagine they may sweep in in waves, one after another, so we had better be flexible and ready to sieze the right moments to create the world we know we can have if people weren't so distracted, poisoned by thier foods, air, water, etc all the time.

Or something like that. Lol.
edit on 4-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Yea that's the word I was looking for, obscurity. Since I like to pretend to know what I'm talking about, it helps my cause greatly

Hey don't ever sell yourself short, you are incredibly wise and insightful yourself. Everytime we get deep with it, you suprirse me everytime. In many ways, you're like the middle aged white woman version of me.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I agree knowledge that we can find family in very unexpected places

Glad the net opens up the world even larger cause I haven't had the opportunity to travel recently..

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

None of those sound very efficient. I'll pass, thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Hey, this wasn't meant for everyone, but thanks for reading anyways.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm stuck in the anger phase after losing my wife 3 years ago. I usually take out my anger on my dad as he is the most frustrating person in my life. Before that I focused my anger in dreams towards my late wife.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that must feel like, but I believe every loss is a blessing in disguise, adversity will only make you stronger. Hopefully you can find some peace for yourself brother.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thank you for your words my friend. If I can talk to my therapist this week that will be one step in the right direction. Otherwise my life is a matter of wait, wait, wait, and for what?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Never give up brother. I know the feeling of hopelessness and feeling like you have nothing to live for. All I can say is the answers lie within yourself, never stop searching, if that makes any sense to you. I found that finding and following my passions gave me purpose in life.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Shoot. I thought you were offering to analyze arm chairs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I am a man of many talents, diverse in my taste and versatile in my approach, bring forward the chairs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
I'm stuck in the anger phase after losing my wife 3 years ago. I usually take out my anger on my dad as he is the most frustrating person in my life. Before that I focused my anger in dreams towards my late wife.

We ALL grieve differently. Dont let ANYONE tell you that you dont have the right to feel how you feel... particularly depending on the circumstances of her death. Feel it.. work through it. DONT wait.. youre waiting for the pain to go away and it wont... but you can put it where it belongs so it isnt a cloud over everything you are. You also cant love anyone else until you resolve that pain and sadness.. which comes out as anger and aggression. You get caught in a rut of thinking and routine where everything is dominated by the pain, sadness, disappointment.. and you wait. Its no good. Her death should show yo life is so precious, so dont lose yours to being a slave to the pain.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That's great advice, I can really feel that you wrote that from a personal place. Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join