It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans Veils and ‘Abnormal’ Beards in Western Province of Xinjiang

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Easy what I'm saying is their are no athiests in foxholes plus if your not willing to fight for your country then simple dont expect a free ride because the military is the only place where you should expect three hots a day and then not in combat but still you get SOMETHING which is better a lot better than going hungry.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: bally001

Easy what I'm saying is their are no athiests in foxholes plus if your not willing to fight for your country then simple dont expect a free ride because the military is the only place where you should expect three hots a day and then not in combat but still you get SOMETHING which is better a lot better than going hungry.

WTF does this have to do with an ethnic group in western China!?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm just saying that there are certain things that are universal to all cultures. Obviously this has alot to do with china. Sometimes things are easiest to understand when spoken as metafours.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Congratulations to them on ensuring ZZ Top will never play there, because - you know - beards are evil and stuff.

Yay.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Congratulations to them on ensuring ZZ Top will never play there, because - you know - beards are evil and stuff.

Yay.

Naw , just "abnormal beards" . I dont see anything abnormal about ZZ Top and their beards..

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Better to do something than sit around and wait for the moderates to become radicalised then wait for them to become fanatics and then let them plan and execute a mass attack.

Radical Islam starts with the beard and the burkha. Don't believe me?

Then why is Egypt (An Islamic nation) considering banning the Niqab (face veil)

Egyptian lawmakers are pushing for a ban on the niqab, a veil worn by women that covers most of one’s face, in what has become a fight over personal liberties and the government’s attempt to control religion in Egyptian society. The pro-government Egypt Support Coalition, a group of lawmakers within parliament, told local media that it is drafting a bill to present to parliament that bars Muslim women from wearing the veil in public places or in state institutions. “We seek to spread moderate Islam,” Amna Nuseir, a member of the group told Gulf News. “The niqab is not an Islamic duty.”

qz.com...
edit on 2-4-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

When I eat, I eat American.

LOL American food is SO....healthy

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Easy what I'm saying is their are no athiests in foxholes

You think surveys were done in WW1 just before people bled out? Care to point me to such a survey

I'm just saying that there are certain things that are universal to all cultures.

What like eating, breathing or "Meat- a -fours"

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Egypt is returning its moderate secular roots - great!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

China Bans Veils and ‘Abnormal’ Beards in Western Province of Xinjiang

Good for them. They're not afraid to do what needs to be done to squash this BS.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Freedom to East Turkestan .

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What would then be the problem with veiled clean shaven men and unveiled bearded women?
Rinse, pick a different visual characteristic, and repeat - this process could be endless!

China's solution is an attempt to enforce visual conformity so as to give the appearance of a homogeneous society.
I seem to remember some years back every one carrying a little red book of the Chairman's quotations & thoughts.

Acceptance (of Islam) and dominance (of the Chinese culture) seem to be in opposition in this province.
For cultures steeped in both philosophy and manners of conduct, it is difficult to fathom why they cannot coexist.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This for the OP

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This isn't new. The Chinese have been persecuting different religious groups for decades. Just ask the Tibetan Monks, or the practitioners of Falun Gong.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think the separation of church and state was to prevent any particular religion persecuting others via the state. Like most of the constitution, it was very well thought through by intelligent people.

I wouldn't go as far as calling religious stories merely childish. My child, at 5 years old, refused to believe me when I told him what religious people believe. He thought I was making it up and adults wouldn''t believe such things.

Personally I can't believe we let people that believe in silly faery stories into positions of power, such as presidents and prime ministers, when they have already demonstrated they can't think critically.

Sadly I can't think of a way of eradicating religion. Maybe classifying the brainwashing of children with religion as child abuse would be a good start. Luckily I live in a country where I only know two people that believe in any sort of religion out of everyone I know.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The reason hiding facial features is becoming illegal is because it defeats the facial recognition software in cameras.

here, there, everywhere eventually.

Yup, and the people will cheer on these loss of rights around the world as a win against their boogeymen. We're are all doomed there are too many stupid people now and their voices are loud.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Not too bright are these Chinese leaders. Shaving a beard and removing a veil doesn't make someone "peaceful", if that's not what they want to be. In fact, it probably emboldens them to be more hate-filled and determined to attack someone or something.

I don't think China is trying to create peace. They are trying to establish who is cooperative or not. Like when China forced them to sell tobacco.

Once you establish who the troublemakers are, it's easier to remove them from society.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes lets start telling people how they should grow there facial hair that makes perfect sense.

As to veils, that's the persons prerogative and dam well crap all to do with the gooberment.
edit on 3-4-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
liberals will be very conflicted on who to side with:
communists or Islamists??

-Chris

Why can't I side with neither and just let China mind its own business in regards to religious freedom?
edit on 3-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Disappearing them and selling their organs..China's govt can f#@% off in general.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join