It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Firm Announces It’s Replacing Its Employees with A.I.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The fact they are using automation to replace white collar posers in such an obvious way is proof that those people you saw that you felt were paid way too much for working a job that wasn't even really work, were getting paid too much for basically nothing.

Yep, posers die first.

BumWine.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A universal basic income is the only way complete automation will take over in my opinion, if the unwashed masses can no longer afford to buy the basics how are they going to buy all the crap the corps like to sell us and then in turn how are they going to generate a profit...?

I'm not against it per say i just think that a system for basic needs met should be implemented first.

Interesting thread

edit on 1-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling as per

edit on 1-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: should realy learn to proof read better

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Since they've already outsourced all the labor to foreign workers on H1-B visas, what difference does it make if foreigners working here lose their jobs?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

A UBI would be a nice thing, but I think it's going to go more like the U.S. being reduced to a bunch of starving third worlders who are willing to work for any tiny wage to get by.

Call it "Corporate Rotation", every country will likely get their turn at being slaves, grow and prosper, be exploited by the banks and corporations and left to fester in debt and misery until they beg for a job, any job.

The corporations don't have to sell to just the U.S. regardless of whether the people have money to buy their junk, they'll just sell to countries overseas and disregard everyone here who doesn't work for them.

Enjoy you Facked Up World people, your ignorance was instrumental in it's creation.

You won't hear the current dumb-ass president mention anything about revoking corporate person-hood, or getting rid of the flawed, no win monetary policy here.

Enjoy losing the rest of what little you have while your crooked government stands by complicit.

Ya' Know?, Corporations were ILLEGAL here when this country was founded, but the reason they were illegal was forgotten, just like people forgot why Glass-Steagall legislation was implemented.

Stupid FKG Americans.

Enjoy.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: wsr

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: JoshuaCox

By then I am sure that in America the stupid that always seems to think for the rest of us will have lobbied enough to give robots humans right just like corporations.

I see it coming.

Because in America "Stupid is as stupid does", is all about the money.

Nah as you mentioned, they need a consumer class to buy things..

We will go universal salaries, but how many people starve in the streets before you have the political will for that..

It won't be the starving people who force change, it will be the burning cities.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

They might be calling it AI but really they are just giant number crunchers crunching giant numbers, with the response time of a silicone diode.

These already exist and have been in place for a while on the stock exchange floor. Has anyone noticed? Where there used to be hot beds of live trading between real people (See Trading Places and Ferris Buehlers Day Off)...

...to a quiet stock room floor with almost no people present, because all the trading is done by computer programs, in microseconds.

See the difference...

yesterday / today

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I have about six thousand dollars of my portfolio in the BlackRock Russel 1000 and 2000. The 2000 has been performing better. Will this move increase my dividends? If so, good for Blackrock, help my money grow!

Now, which defense companies has started R&D on man portable EMP weapons?? We are going to need them to fight the impending war against the machines that the European, Asian, and American establishment dynasties are going to unleash on us to drop the population of Earth for their convenience.

Or, anybody want to join me in a venture to develop man portable EMP weapons

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: nickovthenorth

A UBI would be a nice thing, but I think it's going to go more like the U.S. being reduced to a bunch of starving third worlders who are willing to work for any tiny wage to get by.

Call it "Corporate Rotation", every country will likely get their turn at being slaves, grow and prosper, be exploited by the banks and corporations and left to fester in debt and misery until they beg for a job, any job.

The corporations don't have to sell to just the U.S. regardless of whether the people have money to buy their junk, they'll just sell to countries overseas and disregard everyone here who doesn't work for them.

Enjoy you Facked Up World people, your ignorance was instrumental in it's creation.

You won't hear the current dumb-ass president mention anything about revoking corporate person-hood, or getting rid of the flawed, no win monetary policy here.

Enjoy losing the rest of what little you have while your crooked government stands by complicit.

Ya' Know?, Corporations were ILLEGAL here when this country was founded, but the reason they were illegal was forgotten, just like people forgot why Glass-Steagall legislation was implemented.

Stupid FKG Americans.

Enjoy.

This unfortunately is very possibly the sad truth, a UBI will be implemented eventually by necessity but it will get real bad before hand i feel, hopefully I'm wrong and something gets workout before we go full auto....and pigs might fly.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Robots doing all the work should be a great thing..

Humans could devote their lives to the arts, leisure and science..

... or more importantly, raising their kids.

The problem is we have all been raised to hate anyone who works less than you do, to the point where them and there children don't even deserve food , clothing and shelter..

The first step to securing a compliant, soul-selling capitalist is to convince them to accept the notion that life isn't fair.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There will be no war with machines like on TV and the movies and stuff.

The people with power will not allow themselves to become irrelevant by being replaced by machines.

You are thinking just how those who would stay in power by the defeat of "the machines" would have you think, and fight their wars for them as people always do.

There would be less people for the machines to harvest food for and the elites could turn the entire planet into one giant country club for their own enjoyment.

Elysium was a movie about the best case scenario,but the best case won't likely come to pass as the elite will just get rid of almost everyone through war and engineered crisis.

We, the masses, are not even humans in their eyes.

We are nothing but pests to them, and we look down on the less fortunate as pests ourselves which will make it really easy for us, when we get into the next war, to kill one another.

People are just fkg stupid.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: failure to proof-read....

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have some money in Black Rock.
This isn't the first time that I thought that I should move it.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think that happen during the 90s with the trade agreement, they sold the working base Americans that were no doing that bad, at the time, that Americans will be the innovators and inventors and the manufacturing was to be left for the developing countries to do.

Because Americans were too educated for that.

yes what a joke, I wonder what they are using now to make people feel better while robots take the jobs.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
Can we replace everyone in Washington with AI?

Not sure you realized that is letting the robots rule government lol... scary

Surely it would be better than what we have now.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have some money in Black Rock.
This isn't the first time that I thought that I should move it.

Why? You're probably about to make a fortune. Isn't that why you invested... so you could make more money without having to work for it?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

I already make my mind that I will never support any companies that will take the human factor in their workforce to replaced it robots, I been in this world for a while already, have not much time left but whatever I have left and my health permit, I will boycott all those companies, will never buy their goods or invest with them.

I am sure and I hope that is more like me out there.

Lol that won't help...

Robots doing all the work should be a great thing..

Humans could devote their lives to the arts, leisure and science.. it is a staple of sci fi startrek and many others all have similar systems..

The problem is we have all been raised to hate anyone who works less than you do, to the point where them and there. Children don't even deserve food , clothing and shelter..

Thank you reagan conservatism lol..

Yeah, mixing clay from the earth because we cannot afford to buy it,going fishing because we can't afford to buy fish or in fact the fishing license, we can also grow our own food to survive and pay half of that to pay the taxes on the property we paid for already. If your home was not paid for yet, you will lose it and have to pay a lot of money to rent a room in the house. At least everyone will be skinny again, we will start to look like the pictures of those skinny aliens that came from the future. Yes, the ones AI sent back in time to make sure we keep making AI

Hey, but we can use our blood to paint with anyway, or the blood of the people who die of starvation.

edit on 1-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

By then I am sure that in America the stupid that always seems to think for the rest of us will have lobbied enough to give robots humans right just like corporations.

I see it coming.

Because in America "Stupid is as stupid does", is all about the money.

Nah as you mentioned, they need a consumer class to buy things..

We will go universal salaries, but how many people starve in the streets before you have the political will for that..

Quite. I mean its not hard to work out the logical route is it :

1. Goods made by robots will be the cheapest since their wages are lowest and quality is 100%!
2. Non robotic competitors will fold.
3. The demand for goods collapses as the number in work falls rapidly.
4. Crime rises rapidly, civil disorder
Ooops.

The ONLY way of avoiding this is to have a vastly simplified merged tax and benefits system with a universal allowance at its heart.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hey don't count too much on growing your food, remember that now is laws depending the area zoning you live in that having animals and farming is off limits and violation means paying penalties.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

we will start to look like the pictures of those skinny aliens that came from the future. Yes, the ones AI sent back in time to make sure we keep making AI

See now we're on the same page.

Wait... were you just joking?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Using the blood of people who starved to death would be good way of making sure you starved too.

There's nutrition in that there stuff.

Gotta do what ya' gotta do...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If we weren't so fricking selfish and thoughtless and greedy we would realize that if we could just agree on something, like necessities, we could stand against those who would deprive us of what we need.

But no....

We have the assholes outnumbered and if we demanded change in one voice they would be forced to hear.

...But we have to agree on something...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join