It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP at work??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The fountains of lightning that rise in the sky

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2003/06/26/wlight26.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/26/ixworld.html

Huge discharges of lightning that flash from the tops of thunderclouds for distances of 40 miles or more, have been observed for the first time on Earth.

The dramatic discovery of a new class of lightning adds to a collection of strange atmospheric electrics, with evocative names such as blue jets, sprites and elves, that have been documented by scientists in the past few years.

I'm wondering if this is HAARP at work.?? what do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If we read on, it's only due to new equipment that these effects are visible just now, it's not like these things haven't been around for some time(Anecdotal stories by pilots). I think you can discard this as having anything to do with HAARP unless you can show a direct proof of causality between an atmospheric phenomenon and HAARP operation.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think you can discard this as having anything to do with HAARP unless you can show a direct proof of causality between an atmospheric phenomenon and HAARP operation. Posted by Devils Advocate

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While most weather-modification efforts rely on the existence of certain preexisting conditions, it may be possible to produce some weather effects artificially, regardless of preexisting conditions. For instance, virtual weather could be created by influencing the weather information received by an end user. Their perception of parameter values or images from global or local meteorological information systems would differ from reality. This difference in perception would lead the end user to make degraded operational decisions.

www.fourwinds10.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
www.fourwinds10.com...

Lightning

"This is important research for military operations and resource protection, but some offensive military benefit could be obtained by doing research on increasing the potential and intensity of lightning. Concepts to explore include increasing the basic efficiency of the thunderstorm, stimulating the triggering mechanism that initiates the bolt, and triggering lightning such as that which struck Apollo 12 in 1968.40 Possible mechanisms to investigate would be ways to modify the electropotential characteristics over certain targets to induce lightning strikes on the desired targets as the storm passes over their location."

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm confused. Shuttle crews have taken pictures of (and caught on video) sprites for years. There is nothing anecdotal about those. Am I misreading this? Is this something different?

top topics

join