It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Film Endings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What are your favorite film endings?

I really hate to use examples from Woody Allen films because I think he's a terrible pervert at best (and I don't watch his films anymore), but my favorite film endings happen to come from two of his films.

Deconstructing Harry

This is pure brilliance to me. A writer being applauded by the characters he created. The entire scene is film perfection in my opinion. I remember I used scenes from this film in a presentation for a class in college. Most of the scenes were filled with profanity and some with vulgarity. I remember I looked at my teacher's face during my presentation, and her jaw was on the floor. I thought I was in big trouble, but I actually got a decent grade. I had been inured to the vulgarity, I suppose.

www.youtube.com...

Annie Hall

“I thought of that old joke. This guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, ‘Doc, my brother’s crazy. He thinks he’s a chicken.’ And the doctor says, ‘Well, why don’t you turn him in?’ And the guy says, ‘I would, but I need the eggs.’ Well, I guess that’s pretty much now how I feel about relationships. They’re totally irrational and crazy and absurd and . . . but I guess we keep going through it because most of us need the eggs.”

That's what it is, isn't it?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I find the end of "The Usual Suspects" fascinating. Watchng Verbal Kint slowly transform into Kaiser Sose as he walks away from the Police Station is a great scene.

I also like the ending of "Harold & Maude" where you think Harold is so distraught he is going to drive off the cliff but he doesn't. He decides to take Maude's advice, crashes his min-hearse and goes on with his life.

My third choice is "Casablanca" where we see Rick & Louis transform from an angry cynic and a "poor corrupt official" into two men who find something worth fighting for.

Good thread topic!

Sal

a reply to: Profusion

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The Mercenario Ending. Shades of Good the bad the ugly, a lot better film though.
The music is also fantatsic

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Se7en

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I find the end of "The Usual Suspects" fascinating. Watchng Verbal Kint slowly transform into Kaiser Sose as he walks away from the Police Station is a great scene.

That's one of my favorites as well. Please don't take this is an insult because I have the utmost respect for you as a poster, and I agree with you completely here. I just think these are some great parodies of that.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Fallen was kinda cool in its portrayal of body jumping demons. The final scene has several twists back to back, with a final little gotya. If you've seen it, you get it...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

None Better.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is the Spoiler Alerter's wet dream thread...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Great movie! It was actually filmed on my street - about a block away. I remember seeing them prep for a night scene. I didn't know what movie they were filming at the time but it looked scary as hell in real life.

On a side note, I met the young couple who owned the house they used in the movie. They were paid an insane amount of money to vacate the property for a few weeks during filming. I think it was enough to cover their mortgage for the year...or something like that.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There's so many to choose from. I'll go old school here...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
a reply to: intrptr

Great movie! It was actually filmed on my street - about a block away. I remember seeing them prep for a night scene. I didn't know what movie they were filming at the time but it looked scary as hell in real life.

On a side note, I met the young couple who owned the house they used in the movie. They were paid an insane amount of money to vacate the property for a few weeks during filming. I think it was enough to cover their mortgage for the year...or something like that.

If you liked Fallen, you might like The Hidden, a sci fi twist to the same idea. Warning, not for the squeamish...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This one...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oh this is fun:

THe ending credits from Buckaroo Banzai....

and the final scene from the musical 1776...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The Wicker Man

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Das Boot

Seven

Requiem for a Dream

I still think about these, all them years after.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Planet of the Apes - original version

Spoiler

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Mr. Vader pays the Rebels a friendly visit...

edit on 1-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but if he did he would drink it from a skull

join