It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA approves synthetic marijuana for big pharma company against legalization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I've heard that the prescription drug in the OP can cause heart attacks. The reason as I understand the activity of this is that because it doesn't contain CBD to counteract the effects of the synthetic THC. Of course they would be opposed to patients trying to obtain something natural, that works far better than their man-made crap! Pharmaceutical synthesis will always be inferior to Nature.

If they wanted to make a synthetic CBD, it might have properties similar to natural substances, but with every man-made prescription-there are a horde of nasty side effects (including death!). It applies with this synthetic creation.

I will tell you that man's synthetics work great for high-mileage motors, but not so well for the human body! I believe this has been proven many times in the past.

The one case it might help patients is for those with EXTREME nausea and/or vomiting when eating. It MIGHT help them hold their food down and get enough of an appetite to eat. Good examples would be cancer patients who cannot hold food. The natural medicine is supposed to work that way as well, depending on the variety. It would be perfect for people who are opposed to the natural medicine.

People should always have the right to choose synthetics, if they and the doctor see them as fit. People should also always have the right to choose the natural medicine, if it is legal where they live and they are following all of the laws as well as seeing a qualified physician that approves.
edit on 3/27/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I cannot believe that they have done this

I think they should have to spend one night in an ER or jail and see what happens to theses people who take synthetic drugs.

Absolutely ridiculous. So you approve a dangerous synthetic but not the real thing?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Syndros is a liquid version of marinol soft gel capsules and contains (delta 9)THC. Both are synthesised and not synthetic. A comprehensive NDA submission package will have been given to the FDA. The FDA approval necessitates that syndros be moved out of Schedule I once it has an ''accepted medical use.'' At the time of NDA approval, the FDA recommend the appropriate lower schedule (II-V) based on the abuse liability data submitted as part of the NDA. Following NDA approval, the DEA has up to 90 days to issue an interim final rule (IFR), after which syndros can be marketed and dispensed.

In order to provide a safe and effective therapy a product has to be consistent and pure. Horticultural methods can't do this, nor can they provide a measured dosage. While it is obvious to everyone that any company has profit motive, it is incorrect to believe that the company does not have patient health and therapeutic outcome as the main priority. It makes perfect sense to try and block an alternative product that's inferior. If the alternative product fails to deliver efficacy and safety then the mode of action for the entire class of therapeutics becomes suspect and patients may loose access to your product through physician concern and/or regulatory action. Also a company has to spend a lot of money in order to meet higher medical (and product) surveillance requirements if the regulatory authorities become concerned about the safety and efficacy of a therapeutic class. Both the patient and the company could lose in the end.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This is such BS.

The NYPD has been lacing this stuff with poison and letting people die just to smear it.

Turns out it is all an effort to delay its use until it can get a logo and a tax tacked on.

Yeah, still waiting for a world thats not barbaric. Civilized or not, we are barbarians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join