It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA approves synthetic marijuana for big pharma company against legalization

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

On Thursday, Insys Therapeutics announced that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) issued an interim final rule that would put Syndros, their synthetic marijuana drug, on Schedule II of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

In 2007, Insys filed a disclosure statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission, directly stating that marijuana legalization would threaten their products.

“If marijuana or non-synthetic cannabinoids were legalized in the United States, the market for dronabinol product sales would likely be significantly reduced and our ability to generate revenue and our business prospects would be materially adversely affected,” the company said.

Source
This really pisses me off.
Insys is a company that has been fighting marijuana legalization for a long time, while openly admitting that it's because marijuana legalization would hurt their profits. The article goes on to say that Insys is currently under investigation for illegal activities regarding the drug Fentanyl, an opiate they sell which is about 50 times stronger than heroin. What's even worse is that the company was previously found guilty of illegally paying doctors to prescribe this very dangerous narcotic to patients.
This company, and many others like it, is playing with the health of very sick people who need medical care solely for their own personal profits. People dying of cancer are being denied medication and those providing it are being arrested and having their lives ruined, all in the name of companies like Insys being worried about profit. Insys is producing and selling narcotics many times worse than heroin and then bribing doctors into prescribing them. Pharmaceutical companies like Insys are literally legalized drug cartels, and the fact that they're allowed not only to exist, but to manipulate national and state law for their own profit, is nothing less than sick.
It's time we get these criminal drug dealers out of power and replace them with people who are actually concerned with helping those in need rather than profiting at their expense.
edit on 3/25/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

so whos got stock in Insys Therapeutics....

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I tried synthetic cannabis once, in powder form, it was quite a strange experience...

I wonder if this is a move to get the medicinal benefits of cannabis without having the whole plant and thus, the rest of the positive (non-stoner) uses for it like fuel, paper, food, rope, maps, clothes, nets, lace, soap, sails, shoes, plastics, explosives, caulking, fiberboard, paint, sealant, methanol, gasoline, fibre for fuel, bricks, charcoal, auto bodies, packing mass, lubricants, oil for lighting, oil for fuel, oil for lights, animal food, furniture, mats, varnish, lotions, ointments, lacquer, salad dressings or any of the other reported 50,000 commercial uses, without harming other industries.

It seems insane to me that they would try and synthesise this when it's relatively easy and inexpensive just to grow the plant which will have way more uses than the fake version...

E.T.A - Ooops, should have read the source article before replying. It's in a bid to stem the flow of profits going out the door through the legalisation process...
edit on 25/3/17 by djz3ro because: Hit send too soon and put in an ETA...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

so whos got stock in Insys Therapeutics....

Me. As of Monday morning.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't know about your link/source Man,but if true I'll stick to my real Mary Jane..

edit on 25-3-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

and the fact that they're allowed not only to exist, but to manipulate national and state law for their own profit, is nothing less than sick.

At least they are openly admitting it is because of profits... But yeah it is sick and a shame our country would allow this. But see my thread I created earlier...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is in the joke forum but it really is all too real.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz I agree. It's just going to be hard to achieve this in peaceful manner. These legal Cartels are quite strong structures.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
"We are willing to come "mid ground" to actually start providing cures for yous but we will still poison the very cure".

These ppl are the very obvious cancer in our societies yet they are too "big to fail".

Just like any other fat ass corp that "rules" over us. They paint the pretty picture through their stance in our governments but same time they have uncounted number of dead ppl piled up in their mass burial grounds.

Yet it shows clearly how deep their roots goes in our governments, in fact it shows how weak our leaders are inside the governments.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I tried synthetic cannabis once, in powder form, it was quite a strange experience...

I wonder if this is a move to get the medicinal benefits of cannabis without having the whole plant and thus, the rest of the positive (non-stoner) uses for it like fuel, paper, food, rope, maps, clothes, nets, lace, soap, sails, shoes, plastics, explosives, caulking, fiberboard, paint, sealant, methanol, gasoline, fibre for fuel, bricks, charcoal, auto bodies, packing mass, lubricants, oil for lighting, oil for fuel, oil for lights, animal food, furniture, mats, varnish, lotions, ointments, lacquer, salad dressings or any of the other reported 50,000 commercial uses, without harming other industries.

It seems insane to me that they would try and synthesise this when it's relatively easy and inexpensive just to grow the plant which will have way more uses than the fake version...

E.T.A - Ooops, should have read the source article before replying. It's in a bid to stem the flow of profits going out the door through the legalisation process...

Explosives, oil, gasoline, rope hemp, sails? That would be enough products to get an alliance of industriez to object to its reintroduction.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Like I said----DEA/FDA etc is just another alphabet $POOK AGENCY of the nazi-ashkeNAZI police state 1947

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: djz3ro

Explosives, oil, gasoline, rope hemp, sails? That would be enough products to get an alliance of industriez to object to its reintroduction.

but you forget that was the very reason it was made illegal in the first place. it had nothing to do with being a "drug. until it was made illegal it was in fact a commonly used medical drug, as well as a part of many medications. in fact the very name "Marijuana" was at that time an obscure Mexican name for it, a name that most people did not associate with the well known and beneficial cannabis. the name marijuana was used to trick the public through fake media lies, to think there was this dangerous drug out there causing things like Mexicans and Blacks to go crazy and do horrible things like rape white women. thus creating a public outcry for this dangerous drug to be made illegal. the people behind it were primarily those in the pulp and paper trade (like forestry and associated things like chemical companies that made the chemicals used in making wood pulp paper) who stood to lose money to hemp paper, since a new method for harvesting and processing it made it more economical. it is a very real threat (to the profits of) to many industries like cloth and clothing, chemical companies for various reasons like synthetic fibers and pulp and paper chemicals. the forestry industry, the pulp and paper industry, and of course the pharmaceutical industry. it's all these industries and their share holders that are working hard to keep marijuana/hemp illegal. that is a lot of money available to buy off politicians through campaign contributions and keep the lobbyists working hard.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

it was also the wood, paper and cotton industry lobby that brought this to us.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik

but you forget that was the very reason it was made illegal in the first place. it had nothing to do with being a "drug. until it was made illegal it was in fact a commonly used medical drug, as well as a part of many medications. in fact the very name "Marijuana" was at that time an obscure Mexican name for it, a name that most people did not associate with the well known and beneficial cannabis. the name marijuana was used to trick the public through fake media lies, to think there was this dangerous drug out there causing things like Mexicans and Blacks to go crazy and do horrible things like rape white women. thus creating a public outcry for this dangerous drug to be made illegal. the people behind it were primarily those in the pulp and paper trade (like forestry and associated things like chemical companies that made the chemicals used in making wood pulp paper) who stood to lose money to hemp paper, since a new method for harvesting and processing it made it more economical. it is a very real threat (to the profits of) to many industries like cloth and clothing, chemical companies for various reasons like synthetic fibers and pulp and paper chemicals. the forestry industry, the pulp and paper industry, and of course the pharmaceutical industry. it's all these industries and their share holders that are working hard to keep marijuana/hemp illegal. that is a lot of money available to buy off politicians through campaign contributions and keep the lobbyists working hard.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I think a few of the names you are looking for are William Randolph Hearst (who owned vast newspapers and paper mills, cornering a market that would have been threatened by a economical paper made from hemp) and Dupont (who's invention of nylon in 1935 would be threatened by the already well established use of hemp fibers to make nautical rope).
edit on 25-3-2017 by DrWily because: spelling. XD

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It seems insane to me that they would try and synthesise this when it's relatively easy and inexpensive

By synthesizing it they can patent the process and have a monopoly...?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
OR.... the Drug companies might decide to change direction, embrace the MJ product in their inventory, patent it, and again charge 'Blue Sky' prices effectively taking it off of the market to all but the wealthiest, thus restoring their current marketing of this opiate scourge.

Hmmm, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yet little piggies still shoot and kill innocent civilians for having some pot on them.

This country disgusts me.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Is this the same synthesised crap tested in France which left 6 people on the trial hospitalized and 1 brain dead? Way to go big pharma for taking something completely natural and effective and creating a patentable killer drug yet again!

I do so wish people would stop trying to synthesise natural products and pass them off as safe. Look at what happened about 3-4yrs ago with the K2 or Spice that hit the streets and the subsequent many admissions to hospital, something that rarely if ever happens with natural cannabis.

Nature has an answer for almost everything, shame greed & profit have to come before health

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What a horrid idea in their own interests. Sadly may find more fatalities from it. Then some political blowhard will come along and say it the fault of marijuana even though this is synthetic. Oh joy!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What a bunch of scum sucking bottom feeding cockroaches..later I'll tell you how I really feel

I doubt the synthetics will be as effective or safe.
edit on 27-3-2017 by vonclod because: Can't spell

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sickening stuff (quite literally), thanks for sharing the news article.

But looking it from the other side of the coin, let's say you are a greedy big pharma owner, would you like for your customers to heal and no longer need your products, or stay sick? Or you own a barbershop... likely wouldn't wish that people's hair stops growing.

I think that what a person puts in his own body should never be any business of the state or legislation. It is a matter of personal freedom. As long as you respect other's personal freedoms too.

Medical benefits of real cannabis from the hemp plant are undeniable, i don't think they can match that in a lab even with today's technology and knowledge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join