It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College ‘Diversity Council’ Admits To Posting Fake Racist Flyers On Campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hey, some more manufactured outrage... Now you can post racist trash on campuses if you call yourself a "diversity council".

These "colleges" are cesspools.

www.campusreform.org...

The “Diversity Leadership Council” at Gustavus Adolphus College has admitted to posting racially offensive posters around campus after the school’s Bias Response Team received multiple reports on the matter.

The signs urge “all white Americans” to report “any and all illegal aliens” because “they are criminals,” saying “America is a white nation” and it is the “civic duty” of such Americans to turn in illegal immigrants.

In response to the outrage over the flyers, the Diversity Leadership Council published a statement the night the posters surfaced admitting that members of the organization had “posted these signs” in “an effort to help educate [their] peers and campus community about issues of bias, and the importance of being an active bystander.

“We want to help put an end to bias-related incidents that happened on our campus, social media, and in our communities by forcing individuals to have dialogues about forms of hate and bias,” the statement continues. “We hope that members of the campus community will reflect on today’s events and join us in ensuring that no one student or group of students are ever a victim of this form of discrimination.”

Many commenters, though, duly pointed out in response to the statement that the alleged social experiment likely caused more harm than good.

“Sometimes I walk around crowded theaters yelling ‘fire!’” one person commented sarcastically. “I do it because I want to create awareness; thus no punishment is warranted.”

Related:

Several posters containing the salutation “Dear White People” appeared at North Carolina State University Thursday, accusing white students of “perpetuating racism and white supremacy.”

www.campusreform.org...
edit on 24-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I could only imagine the response i would get if i went around posting "Dear black people" posters.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Leftists manufacture outrage in order to stay relevant.

They are weak, cowardly little people who are genuine assholes.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And these universities shrug these types of things off like "so what." These are no longer educational institutions by design but political ones.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I could of course write a long post about it but nah they are stupid and deserve to be punished for the crap they pulled. People like these don't care about educating someone they just want you to feel guilty all the time. Yeah f#ck you too. Our schools indoctrinated us about Hitler and made us believe we are all evil people. I'm done feeling guilty about things that happened ages ago. I just don't care about it anymore just pay them no attention and maybe they will teach a barista in Starbucks a lesson or whatever. Perhaps the new border wall could be utilized to let them yell at the wall for all eternity. The social media warriors are a lost cause. Its time to move on and just ignore them.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Job security. I usually don't trust those with high conviction cause they tend to have a hidden agenda, as we see.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They want equality, right? Expel them all for racial hate crimes.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Hey, some more manufactured outrage... Now you can post racist trash on campuses if you call yourself a "diversity council".

These "colleges" are cesspools.

www.campusreform.org...

The “Diversity Leadership Council” at Gustavus Adolphus College has admitted to posting racially offensive posters around campus after the school’s Bias Response Team received multiple reports on the matter.

The signs urge “all white Americans” to report “any and all illegal aliens” because “they are criminals,” saying “America is a white nation” and it is the “civic duty” of such Americans to turn in illegal immigrants.

In response to the outrage over the flyers, the Diversity Leadership Council published a statement the night the posters surfaced admitting that members of the organization had “posted these signs” in “an effort to help educate [their] peers and campus community about issues of bias, and the importance of being an active bystander.

“We want to help put an end to bias-related incidents that happened on our campus, social media, and in our communities by forcing individuals to have dialogues about forms of hate and bias,” the statement continues. “We hope that members of the campus community will reflect on today’s events and join us in ensuring that no one student or group of students are ever a victim of this form of discrimination.”

Many commenters, though, duly pointed out in response to the statement that the alleged social experiment likely caused more harm than good.

“Sometimes I walk around crowded theaters yelling ‘fire!’” one person commented sarcastically. “I do it because I want to create awareness; thus no punishment is warranted.”

Related:

Several posters containing the salutation “Dear White People” appeared at North Carolina State University Thursday, accusing white students of “perpetuating racism and white supremacy.”

www.campusreform.org...

Seems like we need some posters containing the salutation “Dear Diversity Council”, accusing the Diversity Council of “perpetuating racism while generating hate within the student body."
If you can't find anything to whine about that fits your agenda, generate it and then gripe about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What the hell does that even mean .

top topics

join