It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook doesn't take down ISIS sympathizer accounts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So whenever i see a article about Terrorism on Facebook I usually like to read the comment section just to see what the popular opinions are. And every now and then I will see a Account with no Profile Picture and if a lot of people died I will usually see a comment such as "Praise Allah". Which is a dead giveaway that it's a ISIS sympathizer account. And the weird part is Facebook doesn't have a "Other" explain here type of why are you reporting this individual type of deal. And trust me I would have explained why I am reporting them. I have reported these types of comments before and I have never received a response back from them till now. I reported him under the option violent threat lol since nothing else described the situation and This is what it I got in response:

Thanks for letting us know about this. We looked over the comment, and though it doesn't go against one of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things like it in the future. From the list above, you can block name X, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them. We also recommend visiting the Help Center to learn more about how to control what you see in your News Feed. If you find that a person, group or Page consistently posts things you don’t want to see, you may want to limit how often you see their posts or remove them from your Facebook experience. We know these options may not apply to every situation, so please let us know if you see something else you think we should take a look at.

So either this was a Bot Scripted Response or they didn't bother to look at the context of the article. What do you guys think? I here Twitter does the same thing and doesn't take down obvious ISIS Sympathizer accounts.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Because Facebook is Evil. And now the only reason for it's existance is to control people who still insist on using it. After I left FB I felt so much clearer in the head. It's a head trip, a mind control game.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

ISIS sympathizer account

??????

we hate the west and their governments their ideology
but we'll use facebook ??????

link   

Hack it and add a picture of a woman's nipple, they'll be there in 5 seconds to terminate the account.

link   

originally posted by: kibric

ISIS sympathizer account

??????

we hate the west and their governments their ideology
but we'll use facebook ??????

As a Requirement Tool.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Requirement

???
do you mean recruitment ??

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
May be because an alphabet agency claims it wants to troll them(hah see how that results in stopping them, seems like it's a big game), but more so doubtful. They allow pedo accounts as well-plus, recall the sick trolling with images towards Bernie Sanders groups. Just don't have your "fake" name(so managers can't follow you etc.) when reported or by algorithm they want you to prove that is your name or you can't have that account/name.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They are only setting it up for future posters that the CIA and FBI and others will track. Good system actually, does save a lot of money tracking and finding who is who. Now I just hope that they don't go against the law in catching them, remember the pedo case, fbi cant prosicute because they dont want to tell how they found the creeps. all bs really

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That's pretty screwed up. The woman on DR. Phil explained that the trafficking people are not prosecuted/not able to be when found- www.abovetopsecret.com... The alphabet agency systems need an overhaul.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Because Facebook is Evil. And now the only reason for it's existance is to control people who still insist on using it. After I left FB I felt so much clearer in the head. It's a head trip, a mind control game.

I think you will find that it is better that they do post that stuff to facebook that way they can be identified and tagged for future reference.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Neith

I think you will find that it is better that they do post that stuff to facebook that way they can be identified and tagged for future reference.

Ok.. um you lost me on the part where you said it's better that they do post that stuff.

Do you mean the terrorists or just regular humans?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Neith

Seriously ? Its a pretty self explanatory statement .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Twitter didn't either, until recently. Or I think they had a process to find them that is long. Facebook probably has a similar process and would be long to avoid lawsuits.

There is no way to say that FB IN GENERAL does not remove ISIS sympathizer accounts.

Seeing ''Praise Allah", which means "Praise God" I imagine triggers you to begin with. Then you see a picture that you find sketchy. You report it.

I have no idea how or why you came to that FB account to begin with. Usually, people look at FB accounts that posts from FB friends or family lead them to. But somehow, you see FB pages that contain things you believe to sympathize with ISIS.

Knowing you, you would call 'ISIS' if you saw a quaran on display in a museum, so I put little stock into this.

Again, you think seeing 'Praise Allah' is a 'dead giveaway that it is an ISIS account' is ridiculously stupid.

edit on 24-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Praise Allah.
edit on 24-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Is it? ok well ok then.

Praise Thor!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
So whenever i see a article about Terrorism on Facebook I usually like to read the comment section just to see what the popular opinions are. And every now and then I will see a Account with no Profile Picture and if a lot of people died I will usually see a comment such as "Praise Allah". Which is a dead giveaway that it's a ISIS sympathizer account. And the weird part is Facebook doesn't have a "Other" explain here type of why are you reporting this individual type of deal. And trust me I would have explained why I am reporting them. I have reported these types of comments before and I have never received a response back from them till now. I reported him under the option violent threat lol since nothing else described the situation and This is what it I got in response:

Thanks for letting us know about this. We looked over the comment, and though it doesn't go against one of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things like it in the future. From the list above, you can block name X, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them. We also recommend visiting the Help Center to learn more about how to control what you see in your News Feed. If you find that a person, group or Page consistently posts things you don’t want to see, you may want to limit how often you see their posts or remove them from your Facebook experience. We know these options may not apply to every situation, so please let us know if you see something else you think we should take a look at.

So either this was a Bot Scripted Response or they didn't bother to look at the context of the article. What do you guys think? I here Twitter does the same thing and doesn't take down obvious ISIS Sympathizer accounts.

How many criminals/terrorist have been apprehended because of Facebook? I would see it as a good way of keeping track of them tbh.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I agree to a point with allowing the posts to remain, easier to catch them, but see my replies about talking about how it's not dealt with anyway. It's quite possible they end up brainwashing other people in the long run instead of being exposed and deleted. These are probably fake accounts used to find more followers rather than attached to their real names. Being I'd assume the most dangerous have accounts not tied to their names so customs can't find their posts when looking through if they are a threat or not.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I haven't been on Facebook for years because I got banned for commenting on this or similar photograph,

I never used an expletive and said something along the lines as a joke "by looking at them it's not surprising that anything touches their lips."

There were many comments in a similar vein but I got a complaint and was banned. I've seen far worse on my wife's facebook.

"f" FB.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

No wonder people are so messed up and stupid. They rely on FB and Dr Phil for their daily intellectual nourishment of (coughs)...facts!

I'd be worried if I didn't find it sooo amusing.

Mean while real intellectuals READ BOOKS by intelligent people.

Idiocracy??? An understatement!

edit on 24-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
All the social media sights are just great big windows into the population's mind and they are used and monitored by all the alphabet agencies for data mining and alerts on individuals. Hell no they do not want someone taking down a radical or nefarious account that closes that window and pulls the shade.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Facebook was best summed up Matt Drudge as an Internet Ghetto.

They wish to socially engineer your mind to be a good self loathing cuckold.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join