It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Pope Rushed to Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Pope John Paul II was rushed to Gemelli Polyclinic Hospital in Rome late Tuesday night. He has been suffering from the flu over the last several days, and is said to be having breathing problems of some sort. Sources indicate he is suffering from a respiratory infection. His status is unknown at this time, though he is described as "ailing."

reuters.com
Pope John Paul was rushed to a Rome hospital on Tuesday night suffering from an acute infection of the respiratory tract, the Vatican said on Tuesday.

The Vatican's deputy spokesman Father Ciro Benedettini told Reuters the 84-year-old Pope, who also suffers from Parkinson's disease, was taken to the Gemelli hospital just before 11.00 p.m. (1700 EST).

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As of Friday, the Pontiff's condition is described as "stable." He is expected to remain in the hospital for several more days, and Vatican representatives do not express concern that the condition could be fatal.

Related News Links:
foxnews.com

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Didn't the same thing happen to Arafat? Tho I find it weird that regular programing was interuppted on TV to tell us he went to the hopsital

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The pope isnt going to last forever...I wish him the best, but it wont be long now.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The Pope is an old man, at that age and with his recent health record even a flu or a cold have to be taken seriously. The hospital crew will surely do the impossible for him.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Tho I find it weird that regular programing was interuppted on TV to tell us he went to the hopsital

The media's been soaring over the Pope like a rabid flock of vultures....I'm not surprised at all that they made it breaking news...

It's sad to have seen such a respectable person slowly deteriorate in front of my own eyes over these past few years....I hope he makes it through this - But I suppose only time will tell....

[edit on 2/1/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I suspect that the Pope is in very serious condition. The Vatican PR is very media smart and they know that taking him to the hospital at approx. 11:30 p.m. would sound alarm bells. So, I feel that his condition must be very, very serious. I heard one speculation that he needed oxygen and that's why he was being taken to the hospital. However, oxygen, I'm sure is readily available in the Papal apartments.
He has my prayers.
joey

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wasnt he in a bad way within the past year were supposedly his obituary or whatnot was being crafted? Everyone was sure he was going to kick over, yet hes still here. I'm beginning to think people really cant predict or guess for snot when it comes to pegging who will keel over and who will live.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Wasnt he in a bad way within the past year were supposedly his obituary or whatnot was being crafted? Everyone was sure he was going to kick over, yet hes still here.

Yeah - Around this time last year he had some sort of intestinal problem and the media were all sitting on their asses thinking when the funeral would be and who would replace him...no doubt we'll be seeing a repeat of all that....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The pope has an acute inflamation of the throat, it would seem. It would also seem his days are numbered. This could get interesting...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
your Reuters link doesn't work...

Prayers are with him.

God Bless.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I find it bizzare that the vatican staff won't say if he did or did not take the Flue vaccine. I tend to think it means he didn't.

But man, the old pope, in the hospital, very sad.

I suppose it might not be long before the white smoke rises.

dh

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This vicious old controller dead and a new star arising in line with the Bush re-inauguration
Co-junctive princes and principalities
Shudder World

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hope if he dies we have the respect not to go on and on repeating what he done right and wrong I am afraid that if he passes away we wil have 3 weeks or more religeuse programs and rememberings..

Just if there is no news for 4 weeks and I am missing all other news stories which might be more important. If he dies his life was not longer feasible. the man has suffert enough. and we couldn't do any about it. it then was his time and we can all be like oh its misseralble ect but the man don the thinks he though was important..
I have no connectios with the man but I hope the man gets his rest finally.

but he isn't dead yet so I hope that he is not suffering much he has suffered enough the last couple of years ater we tried to safe him time after time because we find its not his time yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is latest news from haaretz news flash:

01:30 ANSA news agency: Pope not in intensive care, Vatican officials say
01:29 Vatican: Pope urgently hospitalized due to `crisis of larynx spasms`
01:10 Vatican: Pope suffering from acute infection of respiratory tract
01:08 Vatican official, speaking on condition of anonymity, says Pope suffering from `breathing crisis`

edit:

02:05 Vatican: Pope hospitalized `mainly as a precaution` (AP)

[edit on 1-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Influeneza in someone of that age in that frail condition is life threatening. They sat on him when they should have admitted him to the hospital IMMEDIATLY. If he has full blown sepsis he is in trouble

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
This vicious old controller dead

The pope is a 'viscious old controller'?

The man's an out and out pacifist, supports the ecumenical movement, and while he might not like the idea of people unrolling greasy peices of rubber on their schlongs, oen really can't say anything bad about the old guy.

dh

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by dh
This vicious old controller dead

The pope is a 'viscious old controller'?

The man's an out and out pacifist, supports the ecumenical movement, and while he might not like the idea of people unrolling greasy peices of rubber on their schlongs, oen really can't say anything bad about the old guy.

On the contrary, someone on the top of a universal mind control system, so universally feted, always greeted in the Popemobile, a supposed adversary to the satanic script, the hold of whole populations in awe of Rome , the corruption at the heart of Rome, the Masonry, the Bankers
No- a non-descript tool with nothing achieved
Watch out for the next one

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah, i think our resident nostrodamus is being a little harsh onthe ol gezzer...

he is a good man... has to be... cause god has done raised him from the dead like 12 times or so...

it seems like every year some new illness is striking him down...
wish i had his constitution...

i kind of think that this wont be his last rodeo...

but if it is, he should go out in style...
declare birth control, pre marital sex, and pot... good for the soul, and then hit the golden road... leaving a whole religion spinning... (and perhaps save the world by solving 3 of the biggest mysterys of morality)

I pray for his health, and for his reforms...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

What! The guy all but blew off the sexual abuse scandal. And may responsible for millions of AIDS deaths in Africa, cause its a "sin" but dying of AIDS is not!!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You can pretty much say he's in his final hours or has already passed. Influenza and "breathing problems" are fatal enough in the young but in someone in such a frail condition I'm doubting he lasts through the night.

It will be announced after the pieces are in place for continuity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join