It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump takes aim at Sanctuary Cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: slider1982
Why bother going for a green card application

My wife is a legal alien. Took us years and cost thousands. Her sister and many in her family just came over illegally, cost them less, they came here immediately, and they began working right away. Most of those in her family who came here illegally gamed the system and are now legal.

It pisses my wife off royally.

She did it the right way while everyone else cut in line and was rewarded for cutting in line. I would be pissed to.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From your link:

The illegal immigrant will be held in the jail of the city, county, or parish in which they were charged;

From your OP link:

Trump wants to slash $210 million in federal reimbursements to state and local jails that hold immigrants convicted of crimes while in the country illegally.

From your recent link:

the jail will report the illegal immigrant to ICE. ICE will indicate to the jail and the D.A. that they want the D.A. to drop the charges.

I would expect that this would depend on the charge, no? I mean, people want justice, and if the illegal immigrant is convicted for murder? Justice should be served. Deportation isn't good enough.

From your recent link:

If the D.A. does not drop their charges right away, the illegal immigrant will remain in the local jail.
If the sentence for the illegal immigrant includes jail or prison, they will serve out their term of incarceration in the state or federal jurisdiction in which they were tried. The length of their sentence depends on their offense.  

Okay?

So again.......
From your OP link:

Trump wants to slash $210 million in federal reimbursements to state and local jails that hold immigrants convicted of crimes while in the country illegally.

So, again.........WTF?

This makes no sense!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Odd indeed.

So we have the Feds partly paying for illegal immigrant local jail terms.

That means the Feds need to get the people off the books and deport them sooner and possibly eliminate the local crime problem in the first place.

Another problem is releasing illegals out into the wild after jail time.

The whole system is screwed up I think.

I imagine that might be the point of the The Budget Proposals

(the word "sanctuary" only appears one time)

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

P.L. 480 Title II food aid program is useless and keeps thirdworld countries starved all the while reducing the food off of American tables. I would have loved to see us not using billions of dollars to send into these starving nations as the distribution once in their hands becomes useless to those who most need it.

Its so messed up, putting in a onetime set up with irrigation, hydroponics, greenhouses, desalination pipelines and trucks to haul the rest of the distance needed to revitalize and create agricultural hubs. Get any nation who wants our backing and help to contribute.

You know teach a man to fish and all

top topics

<< 1   >>

join