It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI arrests man for (sending) seizure-inducing tweet to Dallas journalist Kurt Eichenwald

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You just can't write this stuff....

Kurt Eichenwald, a contributing editor at Vanity Fair was given a tweet that made him have a seizure. The tweet was sent becasue of his view of Trump. He has received 40 more tweets with the strobe since the word is out that he has a problem looking at them.

An un-named suspect was arrested for sending a tweet that was similar to a strobe light that triggered a epileptic seizure to Kurt Eichenwald.

The FBI arrested a man accused of sending Dallas reporter Kurt Eichenwald a tweet that triggered an epileptic seizure.

The name of the suspect has not yet been released, but FBI spokeswoman Lauren Hagee confirmed that an arrest in the case was made Friday morning.
www.dallasnews.com...

You deserve a seizure was what the flashing tweet said, this triggered a seizure in Eichenwald.

Eichenwald, a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and a senior writer at Newsweek, first said in December that a Twitter troll sent him a flashing video with the message, "you deserve a seizure," which triggered an epileptic episode.

edit on 17-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Huh. I thought it was just the leftwingers that were upset enough to go after somebody physically.

Weird.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I find this a little humorous, even tho I shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
OMG!
Did the "Purp" know that he was epileptic?

Then 40 more idiots sent him strobes hoping to induce a seizure?
I really hope that he didnt check his twitter 40 times...

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Imagine that. One can be arrested for assault by sending a tweet. In other words, someone can be arrested for assault even if the two parties have never met, have never been in proximity, are not even in the same country, and don't even know what each other look like. We've reached a pinnacle of superstition.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Imagine that. One can be arrested for assault by sending a tweet. In other words, someone can be arrested for assault even if the two parties have never met, have never been in proximity, are not even in the same country, and don't even know what each other look like. We've reached a pinnacle of superstition.

On Friday, Eichenwald said that more than 40 people sent him strobes once they found out that they could trigger seizures.

What logic. Hey guiz, it's completely okay to send mank demez with flashing images to those prone to epileptic seizures to cause said seizures - because the lulz.

You do realize, here in the States, there is federal legislation regarding warnings and epileptic seizures?

To purposefully go out of ones way to cause a seizure to another human being is absolutely insane - and to defend it? Wow.

Not to mention the "why," here - considering this was done because of the mans opinion (and of course, what he had to say politically).

With your logic, I should eBomb any poster I feel like and DDoS them because I don't agree with what they have to say, and I should have my actions defendable.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not funny, and it's entirely possible for an epilepsy sufferer to have a seizure from viewing one video of strobe lights, just one time. I'm all for a good laugh but poking fun at someone with a disorder doesn't do it for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

I don't think the story mentions the guy who sent the strobe knew he had this condition.

Edit

According to a criminal complaint, messages sent from Rivello's Twitter account mentioned Eichenwald, saying "I know he has epilepsy," "I hope this sends him into a seizure" and "let's see if he dies."

The person who sent it knew.
edit on 17-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yes. That was the whole point. It was an attack on an epileptic man, using a seizure-inducing flashing light gif. It was disgusting.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's okay to mock him.

I mean, when Michael Savage was simply reported to have been beaten, those on the left said he had it coming and deserved it.

Hell, they were mock-worried about his dog and not the person.

To the leftists that revel in raping the First Lady, insulting the children of the president, fantasizing about assassinating the president, this should be a golden opportunity to be outraged and full of mock-indignation.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All that and when Obama was elected to mention his middle name was racist.

Perfect example of the lefts 2 ideas of fairness.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The senders of the triggering tweets were later discovered to be known associates of this man

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm wondering if it's okay to mock him.

I mean, when Michael Savage was simply reported to have been beaten, those on the left said he had it coming and deserved it.

Hell, they were mock-worried about his dog and not the person.

To the leftists that revel in raping the First Lady, insulting the children of the president, fantasizing about assassinating the president, this should be a golden opportunity to be outraged and full of mock-indignation.

Sure, but we should leave that particular space for the alt-left. No need to mimic them.
Is there any evidence this guy even had a fit? Even though Eichenwald is one of the biggest ass wipes on the planet, he doesn't deserve to be hurt for his hateful and vindictive nature.
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm going to repost what I said in the other thread about any of this.

a reply to: ketsuko

Regardless of ideology, anyone with half a ####ing brain should be against violence due to differences of opinion.

This thread should be simple.

People being repulsed by violence against anyone simply because ideas differ.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There has to be excuses and justifications, and reasons why.

Pathetic.

Simply god-damned pathetic.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm going to repost what I said in the other thread about any of this.

a reply to: ketsuko

Regardless of ideology, anyone with half a ####ing brain should be against violence due to differences of opinion.

This thread should be simple.

People being repulsed by violence against anyone simply because ideas differ.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There has to be excuses and justifications, and reasons why.

Pathetic.

Simply god-damned pathetic.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Kurt Eichenwald, a contributing editor at Vanity Fair was given a tweet that made him have a seizure. The tweet was sent becasue of his view of Trump. He has received 40 more tweets with the strobe since the word is out that he has a problem looking at them.

Hypochondriac looking for attention.

He knew it was going to happen. Should have put the smartphone away and opted for the flip type.

He's gettin' no sympathy from me.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sure, but we should leave that particular space for the alt-left. No need to mimic them.

Too late.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

you don't need evidence. What you need is the proof that he premeditated the assault, which is there.

I don't have to actually kill you to violate a law. Just trying is a crime.

Im feeling more like LesMis above. There's something wrong when you can be charged with assault and jailed while never having been in proximity, or having never hired someone to be in proximity.

It feels like there might be a niche market for a coder who can create an app that filters strobing graphics to protect an epileptic user.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If the guy hadn't told everyone his intent then it would be hard to prove.

He is a special type of stupid criminal.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The "victim" is a liar.

He just used this to perpetuate his victim status and make money.

It's just stupid, but he will probably win because (weaponized memes).

<<   2  3  4 >>

join