It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Animal Watcher's or overlords?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Are Animals really the ones in control? Are animals really the ones who control the shot's in animal vs Man encounters? Are they truly our overlords or our watchers?
I am sure there are other videos like this. In fact I could post more than the two below. Recently I came across these 2 different video's from two different sources. The the premise is the same. I thought it odd so I make this post about it.

This first video is a few years old. It's about a curious bear that sits down next to a fisherman. Lot's of bears around also. But is this bear curious or looking for a friend?

This second video is about a cheetah that gets overly curious and friendly in a vehicle.

What you think about this?

edit on 3 16 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

I think I would have needed an underwear change after either of those encounters.

What seems extremely strange to me is that nobody tried talking to the critters.

As for the animals being our overlords---I know that I have two feline overlords....don't know about them being "watchers" because the other evening when a tornado was approaching they took off to the basement and didn't bother to inform us that danger was near. (Yes, of course they know that their extra food is stored down there! However as I explained to them later, their lack of opposable thumbs would make it hard for them to get the water stored in jugs so they still need us!)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting question and the examples you have provided would suggest they are purely animals, just like us. The majority of attacks are self defence acts, either protecting young or driven by starvation.

Animals that have never come into contact with humans very rarely attack, unless provoked.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can't answer the question posed in your OP, but it is an interesting one.

I just love big cats! To me, they are the most beautiful, unpredictable, graceful, and instinctual in nature.

So I'm thanking you for the cheetah clip... Hadn't seen that one!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
wow-- awesome encounters! So cool that no one freaked out. I think they were both curious and wanted to hang out lol. Thank god no one went crazy and shot them for no reason, as so often happens.
Great clips, thanks for posting them!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I live with a cat. He Who Mauls gave me permission to write this post. Of course they're in control.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In both videos shown, the humans are there recording the animals actions, obviously taking great interest in them. One might infer that the humans in question have positive feelings towards the creatures. We've all heard that certain animals can feel your fear. I know my dog is more adept at reading my mood than my wife is. Perhaps the bear and the cheetah felt the love and decided to go in and check it out.

I'm sure scientists would laugh at this theory, but it makes me feel good so I'll ignore them.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This reminded me of the story about a wolf named Romero.

"It’s one thing to have a tolerant meeting with a wild wolf that goes on for a matter of minutes. But this went on for six years."

The amazing thing was Romeo’s understanding. It wasn’t just our understanding and tolerance. It was the combination of his and ours and the dogs’. We were these three species working out how to get along harmoniously. And we did.

new topics

top topics

join