It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Charged with Three Prostitution-Related Felonies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: FamCore
Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey was caught at a Super 8 Motel on March 9th with a 17-year old boy. Police were conducting a welfare check because the boy's father apparently called the police, and was concerned. The father stated that his son had a history of drug abuse and was known in the past to offer sexual services on Craigslist for money.

It sounds like this is essentially what was going on with Senator Ralph Shortey as well. Police reported the smell of "raw marijuana" coming from the hotel room, and nobody would answer the door. Motel staff were willing to assist the police by providing them with a manager's key, but at this time someone finally opened the door.

Senator Shortey (age 35) has apparently been suspended, and privileges have been revoked such as his parking space, office, positions on committees. Now that he's been suspended the consequences will only worsen for the Senator, who is married to his high school sweetheart and also has children.

WARNING: The exchange of messages between Shortey and the 17-year old boy are appalling - Shortey offers money to the boy for "services" and their discussion is absolutely inappropriate on every.single.level.

This is NOT a discussion about Trump, so please stick to the topic. If you have additional details about Shortey's stance on Trump ONLY IF IT RELATES to this story or the fallout from this incident, feel free to bring it up but unrelated Trump comments should not come up, please.

Article

2nd Article

This is not a good look for Senator Shortey, especially amidst the recent awareness campaigns on child abuse, human trafficking, and the likes (I know this story doesn't involve human trafficking, but child abuse/prostitution and human trafficking are often times directly connected).

This story doesn't make any sense, let me explain;

The police showed up at the Super 8 Motel, that was rented in the Senator's name. They evidently claim they showed up at the super 8 to conduct a welfare check on the 17 year old grown man [17 is NOT a child, he may be a "minor" but he's NOT a child].

So, how did they know to go to the super 8??? Also, how were they allowed to check communications transcripts without a warrant? Note that the senator wasn't charged with a crime, the "RAW Marijuanna" [I mean, what the hell is RAW weed?] can't even be used as evidence because it was conveniently obtained later. If they smelled the "raw" weed and were IN the motel room, how come they didn't leave with it in an evidence bag? Because it wasn't there. This is not a real story the senator was just character assassinated and not even charged with crimes, even though they publicly stated he was caught committing heinous felonies.

Also, the weed was in a jar labeled Colorado? Is this a propaganda story to point blame at legal recreational MJ?

None of this makes any sense at all. People will believe anything even if it doesn't make sense, there is very critical information missing from this story, information that is surely to never turn up.

P.S.

A child is below the age of puberty, a minor is below the majority age average, which is somehow arbitrarily set at 18. Either way, you cease being a child when the beard grows, your balls drop, and your voice breaks.

Baby->Toddler->Child->Adolescent->Adult->Senior. These are the stages of life.

It's hilarious when a 17 year old murders a person, they are charged as an adult, but when a 30 year old has sex with a 17 year old, now he's magically a child.

Doesn't make a huge amount of sense. The age of consent in Oklahoma is 16. One of the felonies is that the crime was committed near a church.

I don't know what raw marijuana is either, unless they mean large amounts such not yet combusted. That would have to be quite a bit to smell from outside.
edit on 17-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just not aware of something, but why is it a special crime because of a certain distance from a church?
Why not a theater, or a matial arts studio, or a sushi bar?
There seems to be a lot of pedos IN churches anyway, so what is the rationale for such a law?

VF

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VenatiusFortunatus
Maybe I'm just not aware of something, but why is it a special crime because of a certain distance from a church?
Why not a theater, or a matial arts studio, or a sushi bar?
There seems to be a lot of pedos IN churches anyway, so what is the rationale for such a law?

VF

Within a certain distance of a church or school is typically another charge. I understand why schools, but the church thing has always baffled me too.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Apparently drugs, prostitution, solicitation of a minor are part of the investigation. This may go much deeper than this one incident. I find it appalling
those trying to excuse this type of behavior.

newsok.com...
edit on 17-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Recent updates on this story help explain some of the pieces that you said didn't make sense.

Apparently a friend of the 17 year old saw the 17 year old get into an unfamiliar SUV near his house. The friend followed the SUV to the hotel where Shortey and the 17 year old were found.

kfor.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join