It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Senator Charged with Three Prostitution-Related Felonies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey was caught at a Super 8 Motel on March 9th with a 17-year old boy. Police were conducting a welfare check because the boy's father apparently called the police, and was concerned. The father stated that his son had a history of drug abuse and was known in the past to offer sexual services on Craigslist for money.

It sounds like this is essentially what was going on with Senator Ralph Shortey as well. Police reported the smell of "raw marijuana" coming from the hotel room, and nobody would answer the door. Motel staff were willing to assist the police by providing them with a manager's key, but at this time someone finally opened the door.

Senator Shortey (age 35) has apparently been suspended, and privileges have been revoked such as his parking space, office, positions on committees. Now that he's been suspended the consequences will only worsen for the Senator, who is married to his high school sweetheart and also has children.

WARNING: The exchange of messages between Shortey and the 17-year old boy are appalling - Shortey offers money to the boy for "services" and their discussion is absolutely inappropriate on every.single.level.

This is NOT a discussion about Trump, so please stick to the topic. If you have additional details about Shortey's stance on Trump ONLY IF IT RELATES to this story or the fallout from this incident, feel free to bring it up but unrelated Trump comments should not come up, please.

Article

2nd Article

This is not a good look for Senator Shortey, especially amidst the recent awareness campaigns on child abuse, human trafficking, and the likes (I know this story doesn't involve human trafficking, but child abuse/prostitution and human trafficking are often times directly connected).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I heard about this... What a nasty pig.

Maybe he'll get to be buddy buddy with Mr. Fogle

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

It's unbelievable... especially what those in positions of power think they can get away with. What a sick society we live in... Shortey now joins the ranks of Anthony Weiner as a disgraced politician, and that's now what he will be known as (that and a pedophile/pervert)
I hope they make an example out of him

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey was caught at a Super 8 Motel on March 9th with a 17-year old boy. Police were conducting a welfare check because the boy's father apparently called the police, and was concerned. The father stated that his son had a history of drug abuse and was known in the past to offer sexual services on Craigslist for money.

It sounds like this is essentially what was going on with Senator Ralph Shortey as well. Police reported the smell of "raw marijuana" coming from the hotel room, and nobody would answer the door. Motel staff were willing to assist the police by providing them with a manager's key, but at this time someone finally opened the door.

Senator Shortey (age 35) has apparently been suspended, and privileges have been revoked such as his parking space, office, positions on committees. Now that he's been suspended the consequences will only worsen for the Senator, who is married to his high school sweetheart and also has children.

WARNING: The exchange of messages between Shortey and the 17-year old boy are appalling - Shortey offers money to the boy for "services" and their discussion is absolutely inappropriate on every.single.level.

This is NOT a discussion about Trump, so please stick to the topic. If you have additional details about Shortey's stance on Trump ONLY IF IT RELATES to this story or the fallout from this incident, feel free to bring it up but unrelated Trump comments should not come up, please.

Article

2nd Article

This is not a good look for Senator Shortey, especially amidst the recent awareness campaigns on child abuse, human trafficking, and the likes (I know this story doesn't involve human trafficking, but child abuse/prostitution and human trafficking are often times directly connected).

I read this story earlier. While I do think it's really sick, especially the way the two texted, they obviously had prior relations and both apparently wanted to keep them up.

I have to say that these kinds of cases with a juvenile who is very close to adult (on paper) are a bit more case by case for me.

Both parties obviously had major issues in life. One was a sort of predator with a wife and kids and the other was a sort of predator using things to his advantage as well. Both parties got something out of it and it doesn't appear either was non consenting.

I would say that the senator definitely deserves some time, but the kid deserves more than a slap on the wrist, and the kids parents should likely be looked into as well as most 16/17 year old boys aren't "cruising" or posting ads for prostitution on Craigslist.

Anywho...still a whacked case that I'm sure will end the senators career and with good reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My gawd, I hope the children of this miscreant are okay and LEO has access to the computer and other resources in order to build a history of this scum's perverted reach. I threw-up a little reading that story.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Article

2nd Article

Notice how the word "Republican" was missing from the story. Everyone talks about the "liberal" media. I don't see it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

All of the ones I read earlier referred to him as Republican and the first link in OP does as well, though I'm not really sure what him being Republican has to do with it so not really sure why it would be in the story unless the news agency was biased and wanted people to think all Republicans were little kid diddlers.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Heh, heh...His name is Shortey.

FYI there are pedo Republicans and Democrats in government.
They ALL need to be flushed out and arrested.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This guy gets the numbnuts of the year award.

A conservative party poster child of course. And look what he does.

/smh

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So what else is new? A politician caught with his pant's down...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm not really sure what him being Republican has to do with it so not really sure why it would be in the story unless the news agency was biased and wanted people to think all Republicans were little kid diddlers.

Really? Like, if someone who's a Democrat screws up it's not getting headline status on here?

And by the way, I'm an INDEPENDENT. Just in case your fingers were perched over the keyboard keys ready to call me stupid names. How old are you, by the way?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'm not really sure what him being Republican has to do with it so not really sure why it would be in the story unless the news agency was biased and wanted people to think all Republicans were little kid diddlers.

Really? Like, if someone who's a Democrat screws up it's not getting headline status on here?

And by the way, I'm an INDEPENDENT. Just in case your fingers were perched over the keyboard keys ready to call me stupid names. How old are you, by the way?

Hmm....nope...not perched over anything. And by the content of your post I'd say its likely I am older than you, which again I fail to see the reasoning behind the question unless you're assuming I am really young which would be on incorrect, or really old which would also be incorrect. I am old enough to have a wife, 3 kids, 2 cars, a house, and a job....i guess that could put me anywhere from 21 to 65 or so, unless you assume I had kids under the age of 18, in which case you would again be incorrect.

So you're arguing my same point I guess...doesnt matter if dem or rep...its not their political party that makes them do it.

Like , no need to call you stupid names...and good job with the on topic post!
edit on 3/16/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

am old enough to have a wife, 3 kids, 2 cars, a house, and a job....i guess that could put me anywhere from 21 to 65 or so, unless you assume I had kids under the age of 18, in which case you would again be incorrect.

Holy Calm Down!!!!

I hope it's okay for me to have a minimal idea of to whom I am talking.

But even if it isn't okay, well, at least I can now frame your posts with something.

Even better would be if I knew what race or religion (or both) you are, and how far back you can trace your ancestors to your current location. Also - do you work as a white-collar guy? Or as a tradesman?
And - do you have health insurance?

How did you get whatever education it is that you have? Did public or private schools arrange the curriculum?

Have you ever had to visit an ER due to an actual emergency?
Did they let you in?

Just nosy. Sorry. It helps me a lot to get some background.

edit on 3/16/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Oh, and PS: I'll turn 59 in about half a year.

edit on 3/16/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Article

2nd Article

This story doesn't make any sense, let me explain;

The police showed up at the Super 8 Motel, that was rented in the Senator's name. They evidently claim they showed up at the super 8 to conduct a welfare check on the 17 year old grown man [17 is NOT a child, he may be a "minor" but he's NOT a child].

So, how did they know to go to the super 8??? Also, how were they allowed to check communications transcripts without a warrant? Note that the senator wasn't charged with a crime, the "RAW Marijuanna" [I mean, what the hell is RAW weed?] can't even be used as evidence because it was conveniently obtained later. If they smelled the "raw" weed and were IN the motel room, how come they didn't leave with it in an evidence bag? Because it wasn't there. This is not a real story the senator was just character assassinated and not even charged with crimes, even though they publicly stated he was caught committing heinous felonies.

Also, the weed was in a jar labeled Colorado? Is this a propaganda story to point blame at legal recreational MJ?

None of this makes any sense at all. People will believe anything even if it doesn't make sense, there is very critical information missing from this story, information that is surely to never turn up.

P.S.

A child is below the age of puberty, a minor is below the majority age average, which is somehow arbitrarily set at 18. Either way, you cease being a child when the beard grows, your balls drop, and your voice breaks.

Baby->Toddler->Child->Adolescent->Adult->Senior. These are the stages of life.

It's hilarious when a 17 year old murders a person, they are charged as an adult, but when a 30 year old has sex with a 17 year old, now he's magically a child.
edit on 16-3-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

These reports are based off of a police report that has a lot of redacted information, so that's probably why some of it isn't adding up.

But the Senator is being charged, there was a warrant out for his arrest and now has reportedly turned himself into Cleveland County authorities as of this afternoon

kfor.com...

edit on 16-3-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: SRPrime

These reports are based off of a police report that has a lot of redacted information, so that's probably why some of it isn't adding up.

But the Senator is being charged, there was a warrant out for his arrest and now has reportedly turned himself into Cleveland County authorities as of this afternoon

kfor.com...

Be that as it may, that still makes zero sense. They evidently according to the police report, caught him red handed with a minor, open condoms and everything and just let him go only to file for a warrant that they didn't need when they were at the scene?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

am old enough to have a wife, 3 kids, 2 cars, a house, and a job....i guess that could put me anywhere from 21 to 65 or so, unless you assume I had kids under the age of 18, in which case you would again be incorrect.

Holy Calm Down!!!!

I hope it's okay for me to have a minimal idea of to whom I am talking.

But even if it isn't okay, well, at least I can now frame your posts with something.

Even better would be if I knew what race or religion (or both) you are, and how far back you can trace your ancestors to your current location. Also - do you work as a white-collar guy? Or as a tradesman?
And - do you have health insurance?

How did you get whatever education it is that you have? Did public or private schools arrange the curriculum?

Have you ever had to visit an ER due to an actual emergency?
Did they let you in?

Just nosy. Sorry. It helps me a lot to get some background.

Oh, and PS: I'll turn 59 in about half a year.

Calm down?

Ok.

As far as the other questions...feel free to research. If you dig hard enough on ATS and online you can find my real name, pics and likely determine my age and the city I live in.

I like to make people work for it...what would be the fun in just giving the info to you?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nice. So very Christlike.
edit on 3/16/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: ugh

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

Article

2nd Article

This story doesn't make any sense, let me explain;

The police showed up at the Super 8 Motel, that was rented in the Senator's name. They evidently claim they showed up at the super 8 to conduct a welfare check on the 17 year old grown man [17 is NOT a child, he may be a "minor" but he's NOT a child].

So, how did they know to go to the super 8??? Also, how were they allowed to check communications transcripts without a warrant? Note that the senator wasn't charged with a crime, the "RAW Marijuanna" [I mean, what the hell is RAW weed?] can't even be used as evidence because it was conveniently obtained later. If they smelled the "raw" weed and were IN the motel room, how come they didn't leave with it in an evidence bag? Because it wasn't there. This is not a real story the senator was just character assassinated and not even charged with crimes, even though they publicly stated he was caught committing heinous felonies.

Also, the weed was in a jar labeled Colorado? Is this a propaganda story to point blame at legal recreational MJ?

None of this makes any sense at all. People will believe anything even if it doesn't make sense, there is very critical information missing from this story, information that is surely to never turn up.

P.S.

A child is below the age of puberty, a minor is below the majority age average, which is somehow arbitrarily set at 18. Either way, you cease being a child when the beard grows, your balls drop, and your voice breaks.

Baby->Toddler->Child->Adolescent->Adult->Senior. These are the stages of life.

It's hilarious when a 17 year old murders a person, they are charged as an adult, but when a 30 year old has sex with a 17 year old, now he's magically a child.

I know a line has to be drawn in the line, but many of these arbitrary ages defy logic and common sense. 30 year old with a senator with 17 year boy/girl is rape. Yet, 18 year old senior digging out same chick/boy on prom night is normal.

Not justifying anything, but it does seem weird that a 17 year old is an adult or child depending on how they want to spin the situation. 17 year commits a murder, he is an an adult and should have known better. 17 year old knowingly sleeps with someone older, then they are a minor/child being taken advantage of... society is talking out both sides of their mouths.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Article

2nd Article

Notice how the word "Republican" was missing from the story. Everyone talks about the "liberal" media. I don't see it.

OP quoted from a notoriously right-winged newspaper, so that is hardly what is considered thought to be part of the liberal media. But check the first linked source (headline and first two paragraphs) :

Conservative Oklahoma senator charged with three felonies after child prostitution investigation

NORMAN — A conservative state senator who once wanted to be a missionary was accused Thursday in a child prostitution case of offering to pay a 17-year-old boy for sex.

Sen. Ralph Shortey, R- Oklahoma City, was charged with three felony counts, one week after police found him with the teenager in a Moore hotel room.

Conservative .. conservative ..R-..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join