It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI No. 2 did not disclose wife's ties to Clinton ally, records show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

A top FBI official who came under scrutiny last year over his wife’s campaign contributions from a Hillary Clinton ally did not list those 2015 donations or his wife’s salary in financial disclosure forms, according to records reviewed by Fox News.

The records, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, show FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe left the box blank for wife Dr. Jill McCabe's salary, as a doctor with Commonwealth Emergency Physicians. And there is no documentation of the hundreds of thousands of campaign funds she received in her unsuccessful 2015 Virginia state Senate race.

Interesting...

After this story was first published, an FBI spokesman provided an on-the-record statement to Fox News defending how McCabe's disclosure forms were handled:

"The rules instructing filers how to complete the OGE 278e form are published by the independent Office of Government Ethics (OGE) in a document titled 'The Public Financial Disclosure Form (July 2016).' The form does not require that an employee spouse's salary be disclosed; only the employer name and type of income required. Nor does the form require or contain a line for campaign contributions, which are not considered income. Rules governing campaign donations are overseen by the Federal Election Commission.

Each form submitted by an FBI employee to the OGE is certified by FBI's chief ethics officer, who heads the Office of Integrity and Compliance. Mr. McCabe consulted with this office upon his wife's decision to run for political office."

Uh huh...keep going...

"If it's not required, then why is there a spot on the form for spouse's income?" retired FBI agent Jeff Danik said. Danik filed the FOIA requests with the FBI, and shared the financial disclosure forms with Fox News.

Hmm...so I remember this being big news back during the campaign. Funny it is coming back up now...seems some cover is being thrown for a bigger story from the Clinton side....

Also seems this may be another Clinton loophole that's about to be exposed in a big way.

I guess we will just have to see how this plays out.

ETA:

Oddly enough Grassley was in the news earlier for his meeting with Coney today and he pops back up sourced in this story

"Isn't it particularly convenient that loopholes in the ethics law are used to eliminate reporting hundreds of thousands of donated dollars benefiting the spouse of one of the most powerful FBI executives, while at the same time those laws demand that every dime in earnings on a minor stock account be disclosed?” he said. “That hardly seems transparent."

Andrew McCabe was at the center of the FBI's investigation into the use of Clinton's use of a private, unsecured email server as secretary of state – despite his wife having run for office supported financially by a close Clinton ally.

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, in a November 2016 letter to the Justice Department inspector general, noted that in July 2015, around the time the Clinton investigation began, Andrew McCabe was promoted to associate deputy director at FBI headquarters -- the No. 3 position.

Source
edit on 3/15/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good ...what goes around comes around ...I heard that 2 more FBI officers confirmed McCabes F... Flynn and F... Trump rant he had...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Good ...what goes around comes around ...I heard that 2 more FBI officers confirmed McCabes F... Flynn and F... Trump rant he had...

I am feeling a small bump under the bus right now...will his scandal be big enough to cover the others? Time will tell...i have a feeling this story is going to get bigger.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Everyone's in bed with each other up there in D.C. Sometimes I wonder how things would get done if there were just some NORMAL people in politics. Of course, normal people would be running away, screaming.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Has President Trump fired him yet? With Comey's BIG YUGE personality/ego, I didn't think there was room for a #2 guy at the FBI.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Andrew McCabe had/has a lot to do with the Hillary Clinton investigation(s) too !!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Andrew McCabe had/has a lot to do with the Hillary Clinton investigation(s) too !!

I believe we are looking at the fall guy here...they are priming him for the 20th when it will come out that he was responsible for faking all comms and documents about Trump and being solely responsible for covering up Hillary's donation to his wife which he misinterpreted as her asking him to get dirt on Trump.

Obviously this would not possibly be able to cover all of the issues swarming, but it would cover enough that the public at large could scapegoat him and the rest would be "classified" material that the public can't know or part of another ongoing investigation....give it about 3 weeks and everyone will have forgotten then on to the next big news...

*takes off tinfoil hat

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Very Possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
He will become their escape goat.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Some updates :

Judicial Watch Files Three Lawsuits for Info on FBI Acting Director Andrew McCabe

First lawsuit seeks communications between FBI and McCabe concerning “ethical issues” involving wife’s political campaign; second seeks McCabe communications with Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe; third seeks McCabe travel vouchers

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
it seems to me like if you get involved with the Clinton's one of two things happens..

1. You get very depressed and commit suicide
2. You go to prison

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: xuenchen

I believe we are looking at the fall guy here...they are priming him for the 20th when it will come out that he was responsible for faking all comms and documents about Trump and being solely responsible for covering up Hillary's donation to his wife which he misinterpreted as her asking him to get dirt on Trump.

Obviously this would not possibly be able to cover all of the issues swarming, but it would cover enough that the public at large could scapegoat him and the rest would be "classified" material that the public can't know or part of another ongoing investigation....give it about 3 weeks and everyone will have forgotten then on to the next big news...

*takes off tinfoil hat

Vasa your mind never ceases to amaze me. You wrote this post almost 11 months ago exactly. It will be interesting to see how this continues to play out and if continues taking your path!

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
it seems to me like if you get involved with the Clinton's one of two things happens..

2. You go to prison

3. You could fall asleep on a railroad track.

4. Get $500,000 to recommend no reasonable prosecutor would take the case. So lets let her off again.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

originally posted by: toysforadults

2. You go to prison

3. You could fall asleep on a railroad track.

4. Get $500,000 to recommend no reasonable prosecutor would take the case. So lets let her off again.

And escape from NOKO.

Why is no one questioning bills speech in russia for that amount when wifey was SoS after the U1 deal?

Page made a speech in russia too.

I bet it was for a lot less.

new topics

top topics

join