It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO loose ends : Help near Washington, help scanning microfilms and help with apps?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi
You have consistently sacrificed time to put in ridiculous effort for what is a hobby to you, yet that dip# Delonge regurgitates bull# for profit and HE gets UFO Researcher of the Year? What a f#king crock!!

If you have anything near Vancouver BC or Oslo Norway i'm happy to help. Might be able to hunt down aliens too.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm hoping this project gets some good participations. Crowdsourced projects of this nature may be the future of UFO studies, as I'm thinking the days of loners duplicating each other's efforts have taken us as far as they can.

Prepare for assimilation into the UFO collective.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
Prepare for assimilation into the UFO collective.

Indeed. Before the unpleasantness in December, I was looking forward to deploying the borg-themed avatars created for me by members of ATS when I launched the scanning project properly. That unpleasantness happened within days of me mentioning to some UFO researchers that I planned on launching a large project within the next couple of weeks to make lots of official UFO documents (other than those in the Project Blue Book files) available online for the first time.

I'd like to at least find out what (if anything) of significance was actually in one particular set of official files I'd mentioned finding near Washington DC...

(I outlined that set of files to someone with various connections in the intelligence community and he recommended not giving details to anyone else until I actually had someone scan the files, to prevent any jiggery pokery. I think that was probably an over-cautious approach. Probably.)
edit on 16-3-2017 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
As some of you may know, I quit UFO research in December 2016 (see Zazzafrazz’s thread “Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity”. I would, however, like to tie up at least some loose ends so am currently writing a UFO thread to share some of the UFO collections / projects I had been working on. Other people can then take forward any of those projects if they wish.

The (final?) UFO thread I'm planning about various loose ends is now likely to include the largest collections of UFO material I've helped share, by a considerable margin.

Basically, I want to end on a high note by sharing a big pile of stuff.

However, I'll need some help when writing my wrap-up thread to maximise the amount of material to be made freely available online. As usual, I’m working with the AFU in Sweden and others (e.g. Barry Greenwood in the USA) to get material scanned, but some extra assistance is needed with a few of the loose ends.

So, as outlined below, I’d be grateful for some help. In particular:

(1) SECTION 1 : HELP NEAR WASHINGTON, DC : I’m rather keen to find a volunteer to check a particular set of files (and, ideally, scan any significant pages – possibly using one of the mobile telephone scanning apps referred to in Section 3 below) at the National Archives at College Park, Maryland. (Maps and further details are given below).

(2) SECTION 2 : HELP SCANNING MICROFILMS : Assistance getting some rolls of microfilm scanned in the USA would be very useful. Okay, when I say “some” rolls I mean quite a few. Ideally, hundreds. (However, I’d settle for at least getting some of the higher priority rolls scanned and, of course, the microfilms don’t all have to be scanned by the same person/group…).

(3) SECTION 3 : HELP WITH SCANNING APPS : I would like a few volunteers for some brief tests of at least one scanning app. Does anyone happen to have a smart phone or tablet with a camera, plus a few minutes free?

(4) SECTION 4 : POSTSCRIPT

For those unfamiliar with my reasons for wishing to increase the amount of ufological source material freely available online, I’ve explained some of my thinking in my previous items about:

(a) the desirability of making UFO source documents and publications freely available online in an attempt to improve the quality of UFO research, e.g. my thread FAST searching of major free online collections of UFO journals (or just browse/download them). As I have written elsewhere, the more easily available we make source material (for free), the less excuse there will be for researchers continuing to fail to go back to the source material rather than simply regurgitating/copying accounts in previous UFO books.

(b) other searchable PDF archives I've helped make available for anyone to freely download, such as UFO documents from the FBI (see FBI: “discs recovered”, Air Force “greatly concerned”, “at a complete loss” + more memos"), from Canada with the permission of the Canadian government (see Canadian disclosure: “UFO Found” and other documents/photos and Canadian PDFs – “At no time should it be made available to the public” + more official memos), Australia, with the permission of the Australian government (see, for example, Oz X-Files : “authenticated sighting”, “appear to be inexplicable”, USA “very interested" and New Zealand (see New Zealand X-Files : Official “fib”, superiors “mystified”, + Kaikoura “whitewash”), plus various out-of-print UFO publications (see, for example, Phil Klass: "Skeptics UFO Newsletter" now online (large collection) and about 30 other UFO magazine/journal collections).

Wow...never thought I'd see you here again. I am in for part of the help. Have to go get a house contract signed this morning but will be back later to see which part(s) I could be most helpful with and let you know.

I am in Atlanta GA by the way.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just in case there are people that are reading this thread that aren't familiar with my previous threads and think I'm trying to get other people to do all the work for a thread I'm planning, here are a few temporary links to some treats for those reading this far.

Links to permanent homes for this material (among piles of other items) on the website of the AFU in Sweden will be included as part of the wrap-up item I'm planning - along with background, samples covers etc. These temporary links are just a quick and easy way of showing that there is some substance behind the plans I mentioned.

1. "European Journal of UFO and Abduction Studies":
The editor of the "European Journal of UFO and Abduction Studies" journal, Craig Roberts, kindly gave me permission to get that journal scanned:
we.tl...
European Journal of UFO and Abduction Studies - vols 0-0, 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1, 3.2

2. UFO CANADA
Prior to the events in December which led to my decision to quit UFO research, Howard Gontovnick had given me permission for his "UFO Canada" to be made freely available online:
we.tl...

UFO Canada - vol 1 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 1 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 1 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 1 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 1 no 5 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 1 no 6 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 2 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 2 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 2 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 2 no 4 (Scanned by SCEAU)
UFO Canada - vol 2 no 5 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 3 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 3 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 3 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 3 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Canada - vol 3 no 4a - Final mailing (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)

3. JIM KEITH'S NEWSLETTERS
Both of Jim Keith's daughters have given permission for their deceased father's newsletters "Notes from the Hangar" and "Dharma Combat" to be uploaded.

The AFU has scanned the issues below.

I'd like to include scans of some more issues of "Dharma Combat", but am not sure who has them (and, importantly, the time/inclination to scan them...).

"Notes from the Hangar"
I'm not sure if this is a complete set:
we.tl...
Notes from the Hangar - vol 1 no 1.pdf
Notes from the Hangar - vol 1 no 2.pdf
Notes from the Hangar - vol 1 no 3.pdf

"Dharma Combat"
we.tl...
This is rather incomplete. I may be able to get some more issues from Greg Bishop and others. This publication is less UFO-focused than "Notes from the Hangar".

Dharma Combat - no 8.pdf
Dharma Combat - no 9.pdf
Dharma Combat - no 10.pdf
Dharma Combat - no 11.pdf
Dharma Combat - no 12.pdf

4. SUSANNE STEBBING'S "SPACE REVIEW"
Late last year, Susanne Stebbing kindly gave me permission for her "Space Review" periodical from the 1960s to be scanned and uploaded.

These will be on the AFU's website shortly (and I'll include some background, sample covers/pages etc in the wrap-up item I'm planning to post on ATS sharing a lot of other material/projects) but in the meantime, here is a temporary link for members of EuroUFO and UFO Collective:
we.tl...

Space Review - vol 1 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Review - vol 1 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Review - vol 1 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Review - vol 1 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Review - vol 1 no 5-6 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Review - vol 2 no 1 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Space Review - vol 2 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)

5. EDWARD HARRIS (UK) - "SPACE DRIVE", "PARAPHENOMENA", "COSMOLOGY NEWSLINK"
Late last year, Edward Harris of the UK gave me permission to upload his "Space Drive", "UFO Mirror", "Cosmology Newslink" and "ParaPhenomena" newsletters.

As usual, most of the scanning has been done by the AFU - with some gaps filled by Barry Greenwood. These will be on the AFU's website shortly and covered in the item I'll be posting on ATS about various loose ends.

(5a) "Space Drive":
we.tl...

Space Drive - 1970 No 01 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1970 No 02 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1970 No 03 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1970 No 04 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1970 No 05 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1970 No 09 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1971 No 02 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1971 No 06 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1971 No 07 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1971 No 08 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1971 No 10 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1972 No 11 (Scanned by AFU)
Space Drive - 1972 No 12 (Scanned by AFU)

(5b) Edward Harris (UK) - "ParaPhenomena"
we.tl...
ParaPhenomena - no 1 - 1995.pdf (Scanned by AFU)

(5c) Edward Harris (UK) - "Cosmology Newslink"
we.tl...

Cosmology News - No 46 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology News - No 47 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology News - No 48 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology News - No 49 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 01 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 02 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 03 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 04 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 05 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 06 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 07 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Cosmology Newslink - No 08 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 09 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Cosmology Newslink - No 10 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 11 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 13 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 14 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 15 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 16 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 17 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 18 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 19 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 20 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 21 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 22 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 23 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 24 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 25 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 31 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 40 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Cosmology Newslink - No 41 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 42 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 43 (Scanned by AFU)
Cosmology Newslink - No 44 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Cosmology Newslink - No 45 (Scanned by AFU)
Kosmologie Bindeglied Nachrichten No 1 for Europe (Scanned by AFU)
Kosmologie Bindeglied Nachrichten No 2 for Europe (Scanned by AFU)
Neu Cosmology Newslink No 37 (Scanned by AFU)

(6) LARRY HATCH'S HUGE *U* UFO DATABASE:
I now have permission to upload this database. A few people are working on converting it to various modern formats. In the meantime, here is a 1,209 page searchable PDF document I created with most fields exported from the database into a chronological listing of the relevant UFO cases. For bibliographic (as opposed to statistical) purposes, I've found this PDF quite useful a few times over the last few years (but felt I shouldn't post even this limited data until I got permission to do so). The AFU in Sweden will shortly be providing a permanent home for the full data in various formats.
we.tl...

OTHER MATERIAL
Several bigger items are still underway.

The amount of material that I can share in the wrap-up thread that I'm planning to deal with the above loose-ends, and various others, will depend on the amount of assistance I get...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just want to say IsaacKoi

thank you for all that you have done and all the work you
have contributed over the years , very helpful and very usefull
information,

sadly that someone had to crash the party like Delonge

it some that dont bother and some that do
of a life threatening expose.

I hope things will go well for you,

and lets Hope you get some Volunteers to help you ,

for me im in practically in nowhere land ..
or i would try to contribute and help .

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

What kind of help do you need? I work really close the NAtional Archives location in College PArk.
edit on 16-3-2017 by AntonioA because: location correction

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntonioA
What kind of help do you need? I work really close the NAtional Archives location in College PArk.

Hi AntonioA

Great!

Basically, I need someone to go there with a smartphone that has a camera and a scanning app (I gave links to one free scanning app called "Scanbot" in Section 3 above) and take some photos of:
(1) a "finding aid" which lists the contents of a particular set of files;
(2) one or more reports on UFOs which should be in that set of files.

I've been told by the National Archives that anyone that actually goes to the archives can ask for the finding aid for that set of files, but they can't provide it to me by email.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

(6) LARRY HATCH'S HUGE *U* UFO DATABASE:
I now have permission to upload this database. A few people are working on converting it to various modern formats. In the meantime, here is a 1,209 page searchable PDF document I created with most fields exported from the database into a chronological listing of the relevant UFO cases. For bibliographic (as opposed to statistical) purposes, I've found this PDF quite useful a few times over the last few years (but felt I shouldn't post even this limited data until I got permission to do so). The AFU in Sweden will shortly be providing a permanent home for the full data in various formats.
we.tl...

I am a giddy schoolgirl, I had put Larry's (dead) webpage results into PDF for preservation (drive.google.com...), and I am only too grateful to finally have his database. Thanks Isaac!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: duforrak
I am a giddy schoolgirl, I had put Larry's (dead) webpage results into PDF for preservation (drive.google.com...), and I am only too grateful to finally have his database. Thanks Isaac!

Well, it's (most of) the data in one format.

More soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It's a wall of text, but it's indispensable. I'll enjoy digging through it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It's a wall of text, but it's indispensable. I'll enjoy digging through it.

If you wait a few days/weeks, you'll be able to have it in various other formats.

I like keeping things simple by using a searchable PDF, but I understand that people will want various formats (e.g. for statistical purposes).

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I will be sure to keep an eye or two open.

Yes, searchable PDFs do make things easier and simple. The community appreciates the work that goes into this.

And I hope to write and email off those Scanbot reviews today. As well, in case you missed my previous reply for volunteer efforts, I'm not in Washington, but Alaska, and I would like to help with any loose ends as is needed and relevant.

Also, any information or files that you're looking to share and disseminate to dedicated researchers, I would be eager to accept. In fact, if you even have physical printed documentation and materials that you are considering parting with, I would happily pay the shipping costs to make sure it gets to useful hands.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

love reading your work, thanks for another thing to look into! I'm in Illinois it's a very boring state lol but with warm weather coming I always have my eyes to the sky..

dit.. i can't spell

edit on 18-3-2017 by lighter78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

And I hope to write and email off those Scanbot reviews today. As well, in case you missed my previous reply for volunteer efforts, I'm not in Washington, but Alaska, and I would like to help with any loose ends as is needed and relevant.

Cheers duforrak. I'll keep your offer in mind, particularly if I identify all loose ends in Alaska.

I'm still really hoping that someone in, or near, Washington DC has a bit of spare time to photograph a few documents with a mobile phone scanning app.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to tie up other loose ends. At the moment, I'm trying to fill in a few gaps in a collection of the SUFOG Newsletter (from Southampton, England). The issues listed below have already been scanned by our friends at the AFU in Sweden (with the kind permission of Steve Gerrard). (The collection is relatively complete after issue 16). Barry Greenwood and a couple of the other usual suspects do not seem to have any of the few missing issues. I've checked already.

Here is a temporary link for the issues scanned by the AFU (which will have a permanent home on the AFU's website once I've finished my attempts to fill in the few gaps):
we.tl...

SUFOG Newsletter No 016
SUFOG Newsletter No 017
SUFOG Newsletter No 018
SUFOG Newsletter No 019
SUFOG Newsletter No 023
SUFOG Newsletter No 024
SUFOG Newsletter No 025
SUFOG Newsletter No 026
SUFOG Newsletter No 027
SUFOG Newsletter No 028
SUFOG Newsletter No 029-30
SUFOG Newsletter No 031
SUFOG Newsletter No 032
SUFOG Newsletter No 033
SUFOG Newsletter No 034
SUFOG Newsletter No 035
SUFOG Newsletter No 036
SUFOG Newsletter No 037
SUFOG Newsletter No 038
SUFOG Newsletter No 039
SUFOG Newsletter No 040
SUFOG Newsletter No 041
SUFOG Newsletter No 042
SUFOG Newsletter No 043
SUFOG Newsletter No 044
SUFOG Newsletter No 045
SUFOG Newsletter No 046
SUFOG Newsletter No 047
SUFOG Newsletter No 048
SUFOG Newsletter No 049
SUFOG Newsletter No 050
SUFOG Newsletter No 051
SUFOG Newsletter No 052
SUFOG Newsletter No 053
SUFOG Newsletter No 054
SUFOG Newsletter No 055
SUFOG Newsletter No 056
SUFOG Newsletter No 057
SUFOG Newsletter No 058
SUFOG Newsletter No 059
SUFOG Newsletter No 060
SUFOG Newsletter No 061
SUFOG Newsletter No 062-63
SUFOG Newsletter No 064
SUFOG Newsletter No 065
SUFOG Newsletter No 066
SUFOG Newsletter No 067
SUFOG Newsletter No 068
SUFOG Newsletter No 069-70
SUFOG Newsletter No 071
SUFOG Newsletter No 072
SUFOG Newsletter No 073
SUFOG Newsletter No 074
SUFOG Newsletter No 075
SUFOG Newsletter No 076
SUFOG Newsletter No 077
SUFOG Newsletter No 078
SUFOG Newsletter No 079
SUFOG Newsletter No 080
SUFOG Newsletter No 081-82
SUFOG Newsletter No 083-84
SUFOG Newsletter No 085-86
SUFOG Newsletter No 087-88
SUFOG Newsletter No 089-90
SUFOG Newsletter No 091-92
SUFOG Newsletter No 093-94
SUFOG Newsletter No 095-96
SUFOG Newsletter No 097-98
SUFOG Newsletter No 099-100
SUFOG Newsletter No 101-102
SUFOG Newsletter No 103-104
SUFOG Newsletter No 105-106
SUFOG Newsletter No 107-108
SUFOG Newsletter No 109-110
SUFOG Newsletter No 111-112
SUFOG Newsletter No 113-114
SUFOG Newsletter No 115-116
SUFOG Newsletter No 117-118
SUFOG Newsletter No 119-120
SUFOG Newsletter No 121-122
SUFOG Newsletter No 123-124
SUFOG Newsletter No 125-126
SUFOG Newsletter No 127-128
SUFOG Newsletter No 129-130
SUFOG Newsletter No 131-132
SUFOG Newsletter No 133-134
SUFOG Newsletter No 135-136
SUFOG Newsletter No 137-138
SUFOG Newsletter No 139-140
SUFOG Newsletter No 141-142
SUFOG Newsletter No 143-144
SUFOG Newsletter No 145-146
SUFOG Newsletter No 147-148
SUFOG Newsletter No 149-150
SUFOG Newsletter No 151-152
SUFOG Newsletter No 153-154
SUFOG Newsletter No 155-156
SUFOG Newsletter No 157-158
SUFOG Newsletter No 159-160
SUFOG Newsletter No 161-162
SUFOG Newsletter No 163-164
SUFOG Newsletter No 165-166
SUFOG Newsletter No 167-168
SUFOG Newsletter No 169-170
SUFOG Newsletter No 171-172
SUFOG Newsletter No 173-174
SUFOG Newsletter No 175-176
SUFOG Newsletter No 177-178
SUFOG Newsletter No 179-180
SUFOG Newsletter No 181-182
SUFOG Newsletter No 183-184
SUFOG Newsletter No 185-186
SUFOG Newsletter No 187-188
SUFOG Newsletter No 189-190
SUFOG Newsletter No 191-192
SUFOG Newsletter No 193-194

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
hey great work on your website, i just checked it out

had a look through your timeline and couldn't see a mention of the mothman incident of 1967, and the events that happened over 13 months in point pleasant, you have a load of info on your site and i may have missed it!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I appreciate it!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AntonioA

Hi AntonioA - I've replied above and sent you a Private Message, but I see from your ATS profile that you are new here and don't seem to visit often. I hope you come back soon. Feel free to email me if that's easier for you (using isaackoi at gmail.com).

The only other offer I've had for help at the National Archives on the outskirts of Washington DC is from someone that will be in the area in around September this year. I'd like to get this sorted out before then, since I'm really just trying to tie up some loose ends within ufology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join