It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Gives CIA Permission To Perform Drone Strikes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, it seems like Mr. Trump is indeed getting on board with The Program.

From HuffPo ... that doesn't change the facts.

President Donald Trump has given the Central Intelligence Agency new authority to conduct drone attacks against suspected militants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing U.S. officials. The move would be a change from the policy of former President Barack Obama’s administration of limiting the CIA’s paramilitary role, the newspaper reported. (on.wsj.com/2mlgyS9)

Is this a reversal of the trend that many hoped would take place, i.e. a reduction in the powers of the "deep state" IC?

Does this mean that Mr. Trump is bowing to the pressures of the status quo?

I think what we're seeing is a fundamental shift from an antagonistic relationship between the White House and the CIA to a more ... "work-related" one.

What say you ATS? Is Trump abandoning his principles?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Until investigations are done and complete I would guess they are still allowed to do their job?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm not worried until the CIA start doing drone strikes on U.S. soil without a trial. Then I will be very concerned.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Might be real but..

citing U.S. officials

no proof

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh joy. I guess that's one way to shut people up about the indescriminate villager massacring, just give the job to an organisation that has no popular oversight and barely any outside control....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
I'm not worried until the CIA start doing drone strikes on U.S. soil without a trial. Then I will be very concerned.

This is my concern too. I wasn't aware that the CIA operated oversees. I thought all that was within the Pentagon's purview. Is the CIA a department under the Pentagon?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The CIA is it own entity and answerable to no one but the vague policy of national security risks.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The CIA and the DOD were created in 1947 and 1949 respectively under the National Security Act of 1947. CIA and Pentagon are independent of each other and they often feud with each other. In Syria they supplied arms to different groups that often fight each other.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The CIA is it own entity and answerable to no one but the vague policy of national security risks.

So this means the CIA will get to work zapping bad guys and we'll never know about it. If they now have permission for this, maybe it's WIDE RANGING, to include poisoning Kim Jung of North Korea.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Did they ever require permission to do the things they did before? It seems more like a formality than anything.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

So this means the CIA will get to work zapping bad guys and we'll never know about it. If they now have permission for this, maybe it's WIDE RANGING, to include poisoning Kim Jung of North Korea.

Yeap. No one can do anything about it. We will never know about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Thanks for that info. Does anyone know if the CIA has had the authority to "take out" suspected enemies of the state on domestic soil, before the President gave them drone assassination privileges?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It has been my understanding that the cia does not operate domestically.
Officially...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The CIA is a worldwide spy agency.

en.wikipedia.org...

You need to read up on the CIA and it's dirty wars.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Trump's only principles are to divide the country. Which is happening prettttty well lately

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This is my concern too. I wasn't aware that the CIA operated oversees. I thought all that was within the Pentagon's purview. Is the CIA a department under the Pentagon?

LOL

You knew the CIA was operating in Benghazi.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

1. Trump and many others complained about CIA Drone strikes under Obama.

2. Trump was supposedly "at war" with the CIA and other "deep state" entities ... and now he's giving them a free hand at drone strikes?

3. You don't seem to understand why assassinating world leaders would be a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeap. No one can do anything about it. We will never know about it.

But now, at least, we will know that President Trump authorized anything that happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my OP. I agree that it's concerning that the CIA has been given the Presidential stamp of approval for such activities ... but for days we've seen threads on this site arguing that President Trump is basically standing alone against the powers of "the Deep State" including the nefarious CIA.

Does this suggest that there has been a change in the plans to "drain the swamp" ... or is something else going on?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Might be real but..

citing U.S. officials

no proof

This should put your mind at ease ... it's Murdoch-owned.

Wall Street Journal

President Donald Trump has given the Central Intelligence Agency secret new authority to conduct drone strikes against suspected terrorists, U.S. officials said, changing the Obama administration’s policy of limiting the spy agency’s paramilitary role and reopening a turf war between the agency and the Pentagon.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<<   2 >>

join