It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump healthcare plan will strip insurance from 14 million citizens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"CBO said the added number uninsured would rise to 24 million by 2026."

What the CBO does not make plain is since the GOP plan is not mandatory that many of those 24 million will be dropping there health insurance because they don't want to pay for insurance when they are young and healthy.
These people believe that when they start having health problems they will then buy insurance as all preexisting conditions will be covered.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

My son is one of those, paying outrageous prices for health care right now with Blue shield and don't even have time to see a doctor, he was forced into it, because Obamacare mandate.

Is hard when a big portion of your check have to go into health insurance and no be able to use it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
"CBO said the added number uninsured would rise to 24 million by 2026."

What the CBO does not make plain is since the GOP plan is not mandatory that many of those 24 million will be dropping there health insurance because they don't want to pay for insurance when they are young and healthy.
These people believe that when they start having health problems they will then buy insurance as all preexisting conditions will be covered.

The CBO also said Obamacare would be awesome! I think the CBO is a dumbass. Why should we believe him now when he was so wrong on Obamacare?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

oh great! you'll be a drain on society. yay.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

So. . . for the record, you're against people getting something for nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

What do you call the 21.3 Million Americans that got into the Medicaid expansion under Obamacare?

You know that pesky entitlement that is drain from your check along with the SS and medicare.

Yes I know, see for somebody to get free healthcare somebody else always have to pay, so those that work were mandated two times.

21.3 million is a lot of people no wonder Obamacare claim they were successful.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

But you are OK with the #storm that is Obamacare? And the entire draining of my money for their services?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
592 million dollars in tax breaks for the very wealthy and corporations. huge increases in premiums for older people.

the eventual small decrease in premiums will be from older people leaving the insurance market all together because they can't afford it. older people drop out, the ones that are left are healthier and cheaper.

CBO - respected ,non-partisan, established by a republican president, currently headed by a republican appointee.

trump cited CBO numbers at least 15 times in tweets critical of obama during the campaign.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There is a good old saying. No pain. No gain.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why? Because I won't buy something I don't need?

My neighbor a couple houses doesn't have a car, I can afford an extra one, I suppose I'm a burden on the neighborhood because I won't buy him one?

Liberal logic is very illogical.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i don't need it - republican logic.

what happens when someone shows up at the ER with something quite bad, no insurance - by choice under trumpcare, and no money. who gets to pay?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They do, same way they did before Obama screwed up our healthcare. You set up a payment plan!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I tried that in 2007. We had a catastrophic illness and was left with a bill of $238,000. Since my husband was disabled with the illness, our income went from 48K to 15K. When I tried to set up a payment plan, they practically laughed.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Pandaram

Nothing In Life Is FREE . If those 14 Million really want Healthcare , they will Figure Out a Way to Afford it or Do without . This Is Life........

Or die.

Your position on this is abhorrent. Do you know what the health insurance industry is? What it does?
They take money and have math wizards come up with win/loss scenarios where they ALWAYS WIN. WHY DO YOU THINK THE ACA PASSED IN THE FIRST PLACE? And the Repub will favor them as well, but they had to pretend to be against it...these rich douchebags play golf and swirl scotches together while I have NO health insurance because I work for a small family owned business and due to divorce, have student loans in default. I can't even get Medicaid! I'm a 41 year old NA/White guy that due to circumstance can't catch a single break.

And now, this Repub stuff says they won't have a penalty (which I never had to pay) for not having insurance, but when getting insurance you have to pay one... And the insurance company penalties are rumored to be huge, like in the thousands of dollars per year that you're uninsured to even GET INSURANCE.
But that cross state lines competition will make it all come down...
Even though most states already have it...

Seriously?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
They do, same way they did before Obama screwed up our healthcare. You set up a payment plan!

The insurance companies with the full support of both houses of Congress screwed up our health care.

It could even be argued that Nixon was the one who changed things for the worst with Aetna.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What do you call the 21.3 Million Americans that got into the Medicaid expansion under Obamacare?

You know that pesky entitlement that is drain from your check along with the SS and medicare.

Yes I know, see for somebody to get free healthcare somebody else always have to pay, so those that work were mandated two times.

21.3 million is a lot of people no wonder Obamacare claim they were successful.

Entitlement.

Maybe if more workers unionized and fought for better health care and retirement, you wouldn't have to have your panties in a bunch.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

i don't need it - republican logic.

what happens when someone shows up at the ER with something quite bad, no insurance - by choice under trumpcare, and no money. who gets to pay?

What happens when people show up with medicaid? Who gets to pay?

I actually have a fair amount of savings to cover myself should something happen, so seeing as I'm mid-thirties, single, no kids, in good health and have a family history of good health I'll save myself $250 a month for garbage there is a miniscule chance of using anytime soon.

Liberals just want anything and everything to cry about since their queen lost.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

" Your position on this is abhorrent. Do you know what the health insurance industry is? What it does? "

No , my thoughts are based on Cold Hard Reality . Mankind has Survived without a Health Care System for Thousands Of Years . If you Want something Bad Enough , You Will Pay the Price .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That is not true. There have always been people with knowledge of herbs to help with hemmoroids , i.e., delivering babies, fixing broken bones, pulling teeth. It was a barter system then a pay system with modern civilization. But, before capitalism, it was a heart thing, born healers, like Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join