It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheltenham Festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Once again, it's that time of year.

The absolute best hunters on earth will be going around the Prestbury course for the next four days.

I can't go this year (working..Boooo).

Tomorrow is Champions day, my favourite day for watching (and betting).

Here's what I will be backing tomorrow, how about a little tipping competition, just for fun? I'll show you mine, you show me yours and Let's see how we do.

Also, if you have a reason why you think your horse is a dead cert, write it out.
knowledge is power.

A link for those who don't understand the festival

Melon
1.30 Cheltenham (Race 1)

11/4

Only 1 run, but looked to have so much left in the tank at the end when running away with it.

Altior
2.10 Cheltenham (Race 2)

1/4

Should be racing against Douvan, THAT good, best jumper I have seen in an age with an amazing engine.

Buveur D'air
3.30 Cheltenham (Race 4)

9/2

Yanworth is the fave, but this race, on drying ground ought to be too quick for him, so I have gone with this one.

Limini
4.10 Cheltenham (Race 5)

13/8

I was going to go with Vroum Vroum Mag, but Limini has shone a bit where Mag's lustre has dimmed somewhat..And Ruby picking this one is a massive signal as to where he thinks the race will go.
Edwulf
4.50 Cheltenham (Race 6)

9/2

Speed merchant, great engine, not a dead cert, but has far more of a claim on this race than you can ignore.

That's my accumulator sorted, for a bit of fun, I did the outsiders also.

Royal Caviar
2.10 Cheltenham (Race 2)

3 Places
1/4 Odds
20/1

Another Willie Mullins runner and one that has form far too good to not finish in the top 3

Crack Mome
1.30 Cheltenham (Race 1)
3 Places
1/4 Odds
9/1
Very fast horse, good price too.

Jer's Girl
4.10 Cheltenham (Race 5)

3 Places
1/4 Odds
12/1

A gamble this, based on rumours I have heard.
Beware The Bear
4.50 Cheltenham (Race 6)

4 Places
1/4 Odds
8/1

The name, the weight he carries.

My bookie pays 1/4 odds on all places, so this second lot is an each way gamble.

edit on 09pMon, 13 Mar 2017 15:09:09 -050020172017-03-13T15:09:09-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So glad I am heading 'ooop north'.....be back for Irish day and the Gold Cup though...what a bloody nightmare trying to get around Chelts during this week!
The sky is so full of hewies and Lears it's like something out of Goodmorning Vietnam....and don't get me started on the reprobates who think it's fine to just dump their beer cans and empty wine bottle all over the place, and we have to side step all the vomit.

All the very best to the horses and their jockeys and I hope each race ends well.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

You do paint a gloomy picture :-)

I will be spending the festival driving my van round and round, probably very slowly

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Hehe...I don't mean to, sorry, but the festival just isn't what it used to be.....not since Queen Mother died...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I actually think the quality of the horses has gotten better. But the spectacle has definitely changed.

I wonder how the new, 4 pint limit will go down though...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The probable only winners are the glue factories shall we say as if they don't win they're in the bin was a frequent phrase from when we owned a shop and he was a regular for the sporting post.

top topics

join