It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trump Give Amnesty To Thousands Of Illegal Irish Immigrants ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny is on a visit to The U.S. During his visit The PM will be speaking about the fate of thousands of illegal Irish Immigrants in the U.S., with DT.

So how does Trump play it? Does he allow an amnesty ? If he did would that create a precedence for other illegal ethnic groups in The U.S. wanting the same deal.

As Trump has stated the month of March is " American Irish " month does he allow an amnesty as part of the " Celebrations " ? This could be a very tricky issue for dear old DT.

www.bbc.co.uk...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why?

If anyone here comes with the term 'Illegal', then they need to go home.

I don't care if they are from Ireland, Mexico or the moon, Illegal is Illegal.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

That's why i raised the question.

Yes he should treat all illegals the same. Will he ?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Truth is the US has not been as lenient to Europeans when found to have overstayed their VISA's.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The Irish have Never had a Problem Entering the U.S. Legally ,they know the Drill . If Not , the Emerald Isle awaits their return......

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its simply another group bypassing the legal route that everyone else has to go through. You can't have one rule for some and another rule for others and persistently declaring amnesty just encourages illegal entry

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

got any figures or simply trying to race bate?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Country is full, time for them to go back to Ireland.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This ended up being a total waste of thread.

Illegal = Do Not Enter.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pathetic attempt at a race bate thread notice how its always the irish like they compare to the irish people displaced by a famine then once off the boat in america they got handed a gun and told to fight for slaves which they never owned! And they died in droves for black americans. Then followed the rules and blended into the society after the war. But yeah your totally the same and have earned your right to become a citizen because you crossed a border and jacked someones ssn.

If this about today then they can get the f@$k out with the rest we are full

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I would not worry, the Irish illegals Im sure they are not as many as the south of the border illegals is not as easy as you may think to get illegally across the ocean.

Now, were is your statistics on how many Illegal Irish are in the US?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Now, were is your statistics on how many Illegal Irish are in the US?

Around 50,000 it would seem.

www.sbs.com.au...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well thanks, that is nothing but pennies compare to the millions of illegals from south of the border.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Well thanks, that is nothing but pennies compare to the millions of illegals from south of the border.

While that is true, it does not prevent the expectation that the administration be consistent. If any of these illegal Irish have been committing other crimes (aside from illegally entering the nation, right now) they should be detained and deported.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Would we skip the law when it came to 50,000 tax-dodgers?
50,000 drunk drivers?
50,000 underage drinkers?
50,000 moonshiners?
50,000 leadfoot drivers?
jaywalkers?
thieves?
rapists?
pedophiles?

Where do you draw the line?
I'll tell you where- you draw the line at the law. That is the point of the law.
Believe me- I'm the first to say I'm against most of the laws we're forced to follow in this country- but the law exists for this exact purpose- to draw the line.

Law is law- either enforce the law or get rid of the law. This half-assed selectively enforced law nonsense has to go away. If you're here illegally, you're breaking the law. If I get caught breaking the law, I get punished to the full extent of the law. Why should it be any different for anyone else? Double standards are nonsense.
Enforce the law, or get rid of the law.

Any leadership incapable of following this basic logic needs a swift slap to the back of the head. I have to follow the law- if I were an elected official, I'd have the option of correcting the law, should it be a dumb law.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Would we skip the law when it came to 50,000 tax-dodgers?

Apparently we do when it comes to our incumbent President.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny is on a visit to The U.S. During his visit The PM will be speaking about the fate of thousands of illegal Irish Immigrants in the U.S., with DT.

So how does Trump play it? Does he allow an amnesty ? If he did would that create a precedence for other illegal ethnic groups in The U.S. wanting the same deal.

As Trump has stated the month of March is " American Irish " month does he allow an amnesty as part of the " Celebrations " ? This could be a very tricky issue for dear old DT.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It's interesting. On Friday there will be parades of thousands of plastic Paddy's celebrating in New York and other cities in the US trying to claim their kinship to the 'auld country', while many of the elder ones in those parades willingly gave money to NorAid which financed the IRA, a terrorist organisation. I'm sure that won't mean too much to Trump though.

For reference, I'm half Irish but I can see the irony here.

new topics

top topics

join