It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC Fires - Where's the Inferno?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimi
From what I have seen, the WTC destruction seems to be the first case of a high-rise building collapsing due to fire ever (unless someone can provide evidence disproving this statement).

I also believe this to be true.

You’d think then wouldn’t you, that they’d want to closely examine the remains of the twin towers to ensure they could prevent this tragedy from ever happening again.

Does it not seem even a little strange to the doubters that they shipped the steel off for scrap almost as soon as they could?

Flog flog flog

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a ufo hit the wtc. i seen it. im 16, stupid and danish. i post on this site.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata

I thought you meant restrained as in, resistance to expansion. I merely pointed out that if you were to graph heat along the x axis, and the expansion along the y axis, it wouldn't be a straight line, let alone an exponential or power series. It would be logarithmic, that is, flattens out at heat increases to some asymptote at some number y1.

Is this what you meant?

”Coefficient of thermal expansion: Steel expands with increasing temperature. The coefficient of thermal expansion is reported to be basically the same for all typical structural steels. Its value increases with increasing temperatures. The order of magnitude of thermal expansion of steel is given in Table 3. “

www.ce.washington.edu...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just thought I'd chime in here about the discussion in regards to railroad track. Not that I am an 'expert' (meaning an old has-been drip-under-pressure), I do run trains on them on a daily basis.

Sun kinks, or thermal expansions as the 'experts' call them, are a fairly common occurance any time the temperature exceeds 90-100 deg F. I see them every summer, some large enough to displace several hundred feet of rail, most only displace 10 feet or less. It is a very uncomfortable feeling to go over one, believe me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join