It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mastering both worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
When i swapped my approach to story telling as a purpose and meaning i also swapped the platform for telling a story. Finding the universal narrative, among the aesthetic narratives became different, those stories were already lived and shared, the aesthetic narratives already had a emotional bond to them, they just filled in the blanks where you had question marks. No more, no less.

Our first described stories were painted in the caves, describing fear as a repetition, it had meaning and a purpose.
They changed over time, from when we were hunters and gatherers to our neolithic age.. The stories are meant to remember us about who we are, the belly of the whale or the kingdom of the dead, the problem is that the majority never makes it out..
The belly becomes an echo of your words, the halls of the kingdom of the dead does the same..

Its when you get out, your voice can be heard, mastering both world of the living and the dead.

A mentor once said;" Be a voice, not an echo ".
edit on 201739 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Has anyone ever pointed out the hilarious irony of the quote " Be a voice, not an echo "?

I hope so because it's damn funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

You could elaborate on it, so everyone can understand your point of view on the amusement..

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
12.95$ - 19.95$, 15% royalty, 300k

I dont understand this thing, with money.. But a reference is good to have

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

A quote is an echo.

In voicing it, one becomes automatically the very thing it cautions against!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

oooh, now i get it!

posted on Mar, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

top topics

join