It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Step Toward Cashless Society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
paper money is not made from tree's in the USA its made of cotten/jean scraps

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I do understand that our privacy is already compromised. I just don't think that we should help them to finish us off. Just because we are half beaten doesn't mean we should just give up and let big brother have what is left of us.

I also understand that our money is just a pocket of IOU's. It is basically worthless paper, no longer being backed by gold. That happened long before I was born and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I can only fight the part of the battle that is taking place during my life time, right under my nose, in the present.

How many of you have heard of the old wives tale about boiling a frog? I have no idea if it is true or not, but it goes like this:

If you throw a live frog into a pot of boiling water, the resulting pain and injury causes the frog to jump of out sheer reflex. It might jump hard enough to get clear back out of the pot of water. However, if you put a frog into nice cool water and very slowly bring it up to boiling then the frog doesn't realize what is happening until it is too late. The frog will just set there and die in the water, it's reflexes never having been spurred into action.

We are being boiled. Very, very slowly. From the time of the Gold Certificate until now the heat has been very slowly turned up, never getting hot enough all at once to cause us to complain much. One "innocent" step at a time we lose more and more of the control we have over our lives. For me, this isn't so much about losing privacy, it's about giving others control of my life. If it continues, and it will because few people see the danger, then our government is just one step closer to taking a new level of control over us.

I am not a Christian and so I am not about to talk about the mark of the beast and all that. That belongs on another forum. However, I do see our world moving toward a situation where we must use certain technologies or else.

I pray that I will continue to have the strength to say no. I will not bow to this technology, and when it comes time, I would like to think that I will not bow to anything that would compromise my sense of right and wrong. Tomorrow I may not be able to shop at certain stores, in coming years I may not be able to shop anywhere. I sincerely hope that I still have the strength to say no.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh no!!! What are the drug dealers going to do???? Hope they all are smart enough to open some home "business" as a front.. hehehe

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
this is not a cashless society and i find it difficult to even argue that this is a step towards a cashless society, its convinience, you don't have to do it

it is still ENTIRELY posible to not own a single credit card or debit card or use your finger print as one...

i don't see what the big deal is, if you like it and its convinient to you, then use it. if you don't and think that by you "giving in" is bringing the end times closer... then use cash and smile

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Cashless = Control"
How blind have we become that we can not see the snare being set up for us.

In a cashless society the powers that be can decide to freeze funds or credits due you for any reson they choose. With the power the Goverment is taking it is becoming frightful. Soon you could be put in prison for posting anti-goverment topics on a site like this.

It will be hard to refuse to bow to the Anti-Christ when you have no food or provisions for your family.

Will you take their mark, or see your three year old starve because they cut off your account because you would not bow to the Anti-Christ ?

This is where we are headed ladies and gentlemen.
The system is being fine-tuned as we speak, and the more that use this "New Technology" will hasten it's control over the world and there will not be anything you can do, it will be TOO LATE.

We have to refuse to use this New Technology, we can make a stand in America, we will not be able to stop the "Marks" Global usage, but we can stop it's usage in America.

We are entering a very "DARK" time in history, unlike any other time since men have been upon the earth.

To those that don't believe in "Big Brother" let me assure you he is alive and well and growing stronger day by day.

Here is "Big Brother"

He sees you when you are riding down the freeway

He sees you when you are in most major stores that have web cams (cameras)

He sees you on the street through his cameras networked through Police Stations.

He sees you at the Airports

He sees you at the Train Station

He sees you when you make a phone call from your camera phone, actually he sees you even if the phone is closed and on your side and he hears your every word.

He watches you as you watch TV if you have broadband cable connected to your TV. If you have Satellite with DVR and connected to a phone line he can see you even in a dark room, thanks to the Light emitting LED's.

He even rides along with you in your car if you have a navagational installed, he knows where your going, where you been and the type of music you like.

He laughs at you for being so stupid that you are not aware he is around you all the time..

He smiles and says, soon we will reach the point of no return and then they all will be my slaves. Quietly I have taken control over all the industries that provide the food they eat, the beverages they drink. I have put my "Numbers" and "Symbols" (3, 13, 6, 66, 666 and the Pyramid) on most of their products, but yea they are blind. I have fattened them like pigs for the slaughter with additives that fatten them, make them lazy, and have caused the many health problems they now see upon them, and yet they don't realize that it is I, that is behind it all.
I put poisons in their drinks that cause brain tumors, heart disease, strokes and a great number of other illness's.

I have made trillions through my doctors and pharmaceutical companies that are taught to find treatments, "Not Cures" for the disease's I have caused, but few see the truth. Those that see the truth will be called mad, the World will not believe such a grand Illusuon to be true until it is too late.

The New World Order is soon to take control unless we take a stand and refuse to let this "Technology" overwhelm us and make us it's prisoners.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaoTzu
Oh no!!! What are the drug dealers going to do???? Hope they all are smart enough to open some home "business" as a front.. hehehe

I seem to remember reading, just a short while ago, that even drug dealers were using different currencies as the USD was not giving them the same returns

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How does a cashless society stop drug trafficking?
I can think of 3 ways off the top of my head that you could buy and sell things illegally using no cash. I won't list them but suffice it to say it would be pretty easy and easilly hidden.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I welcome the idea of having a tatoo, fingerprint scan, or whatever that will work like a debit card. It would slow drug trafficing and other illegal activity but as mentioned above there are still other ways those businesses can still thrive without cash.

XL5

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A pin/password can be changed if some one sees it, but a fingerprint can not change and you leave it around all over the place. When this tech hits the big cities, people will get thier fingers chopped off and more comon, have thier prints lifted and used.
I can see some one saying over the phone: some ones buying stuff with my finger prints, where can I go to change them?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Drug trafficking (and other crimes) will continue. I can open a paypal account on the net, set up a home based business as a front, and have all funds transfered electronically to my account. This is only one way which it could be done. Do you really think that if we lose cash that the average criminal will just say, oh that did it. I can't be a criminal anymore. I'll just give up my old ways and become a pillar of my community now.

Or do you think they just might find other ways to continue what they are doing?

The loss of cash will stop nothing as far as crimes are concerned.
We might even see some brand new types of crime be invented.

Identity theft will continue and probably grow in scale.

What if someone does find a way to steal finger prints? It isn't all that far fetched when you think about it.

The answer to all the problems might then be implants.
How many of you want to be tagged like cattle?

Originally posted by Mozo
this is not a cashless society and i find it difficult to even argue that this is a step towards a cashless society, its convinience, you don't have to do it

it is still ENTIRELY posible to not own a single credit card or debit card or use your finger print as one...

i don't see what the big deal is, if you like it and its convinient to you, then use it. if you don't and think that by you "giving in" is bringing the end times closer... then use cash and smile

To Mozo - and everyone else:
I believe that there will come a time when this (or something like it) becomes the rule and not the exception.
How would you feel about it if it became mandatory?
What if, in the future, we find that it has no impact on crime what so ever and we are stuck with it and no longer have the option of using cash?
Would you still be all for it then?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The obvious downside to that is: what if you accidentally burn off your fingerprints? Will they think you're some guy trying to steal money from someone?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Cashless society.... It won't stop illegal activities such as drug deals. Money can always be transferred into their accounts..
all they have to do is open a store and say it was for store merchandise...
In a cashless society not only do we loose more of our privacy we also are at the mercy of downed computers, power outages , and notorious non working ATMs. Money can still be stolen..electronically. How is this better?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join