It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Store an Operating System, a Movie and a Computer Virus on DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
How much more evidence do we need to show that we live in a simulation? Everything is information based and probability based and there is no such thing as physical matter

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Now if they could manage to store our memory and/or consciousness in this DNA memory format i imagine it may make the process transferring it in to some other biological entity or body somewhat more of a viable prospect.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Now if they could manage to store our memory and/or consciousness in this DNA memory format i imagine it may make the process transferring it in to some other biological entity or body somewhat more of a viable prospect.

Uh huh. But fraught with ...difficulty.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Well we can clone sheep, and if we can clone sheep we can clone people, and/or new bodies.

As to the transference of consciousness from one entity to another, that would be a difficult problem to address.

But if we can indeed manage store our memory and essence into DNA it may facilitate the procedure far more easily down to the biological make up of the stuff in question.

End of the day through the question raises its head, are we more than the sum of our parts?

Show me something that's worth learning and achieving that's not fraught with a modicum of difficulty?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably would be easier to clone a new body and transfer the brain or entire head (if they could repair the spinal connections efficiently).

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Thing with that through is that our that our brains wear out and age similar to the other organs in our body.

Then there are the alarming amount of nerve endings that would need to be perfectly reattached to consider never mind the fact that the body would need to be grown to adulthood to accommodate the size of the new brain.

I think some Russians doctors are actually considering attempting to remove and reattach a terminally ill Mans brain in to another body sometime soon but in all likelihood they will fail or at least will not succeed in there entirety.

www.dailymail.co.uk... h.html

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join