It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using a computer program...within a lucid dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not to long ago I posted a thread about university students utilizing a Brain Controlled Interface (BCI) to race drones, with their brain power.
Pretty neat stuff right?

Well Remi Mallet decided to take the use of BCI a step further... by mentally pushing a computer generated square on his desktop screen, in the real world... while he was lucid dreaming.

The story

BCI's have been used to allow people with robotic limbs, move their prosthetic to conduct everyday tasks by just thinking about it.

Things like drinking a coffee, shaking hands, even turning a faucet...everyday things that most of us take for granted, are now possible for an amputee, with the use of a BCI.

I was blown away when I heard this story air today on CBC radio.
I figured other tech minded folks would appreciate it as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

This has been in the works for a while. at least in it's infant stage.

the future is wild !! by the way, I can already control things with my brain
I need arms and legs though, but still..

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Yup,, you can buy a basic cheap model for like $200, with the configuration program.
I was looking at them at Best Buy.
even chapters has a variation of them.

It's amazing the times we live in. A new Break through everyday.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Aren't they !! I am still wondering how things like this will help people with mobility issues. Thinking is doing, but without the ability to do, it's a problem. This gives so many people hope. And also opens up such a wide range of other things for everyone else.

I'd been keeping an eye on the Emotiv device too, forgot about it till I saw your thread. I cannot imagine how my lucid dreams would fare though haha, lots of flying and falling and weird things..

I'm even amazed at the 360 degree videos we have now, where you can pan around an entire area live. mix that with google cardboard, and you have an instant virtual reality 3d view of something that happened a while ago. Watching the paul mccartney gig, in full 360 3d, being able to either watch the crows, the roadies, the gig itself, the roof, the floor, was to me insane.

wont be long before we can simply plug a usb stick into our heads and see things we've never been to, experience things we've never encountered.

Some would say this is wrong, but I would find it fascinating... wish I could be alive in 100 years when this tech is considered the same as 8 track. so old school.. lol

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
example of a 360 video... on a mobile device, just swing around... on a pc, use the mouse to drag the viewing area.

crazy...

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Exactly!
More and more we are proving that our mind literally is a biological super computer

in one of Mr Mallets studies, he asked participants to study the lab then go home and lucid dream. If they were successful, he wanted the participants to revisit the lab in their dream and see if they could remember more details about the room.

I want to know what his findings were.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Here's one from my mine site

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He pushed an image to his computer screen while he was dreaming? Does this mean we're close to being able to record our dreams so we can watch them later?

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Here's one from my mine site

That is AWESOME !!

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

They can already study you to see what you dream, in an archaic manner. like the mind device before, it takes training, but in time that will be less of a problem.

So yah, they can actually record your brain and see what you dream..

pity them recording my brain, hellraiser has nothing on what's in here.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If true he will pose a security risk for the whole world.
And proven the lucid dreaming is real.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I remember reading and being enthralled with Dr. Stephen LaBerge's "Lucid Dreaming" wherein proficient Lucid Dreamers that he called Oneironauts or something like that, would signal using the eye movements in REM sleep, to the real world that they were Lucid Dreaming. It was the first contact with the real world from the domain of dreaming sleep.

If you try hard enough for long enough, anyone can cultivate the ability to Lucid Dream.

new topics

top topics

join