It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN is NOT Biased.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Just in case anyone didn't know or missed this.

CNN is NOT biased and is a fair network.

"This unsavory relationship between the media and the Democrats has long existed, but the political career of Barack Obama marks a quantum leap beyond the media’s traditional liberal preferences and biases––which in the past had at least a patina of objectivity and neutrality––to blatant advocacy, double standards, and explicit partisan hatred." -Bruce Thorton.

The consequence of media bias is a lack of democracy. If democracy depends on an informed population, a bias media undermines this.

edit on 3-3-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

In other news, rainbows spout unicorns, and North Korea landed on the sun.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

In other news, rainbows spout unicorns, and North Korea landed on the sun.

Any contribution? Or just a deflection? Typical.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Just in case anyone didn't know or missed this.

CNN is NOT biased and is a fair network.

"This unsavory relationship between the media and the Democrats has long existed, but the political career of Barack Obama marks a quantum leap beyond the media’s traditional liberal preferences and biases––which in the past had at least a patina of objectivity and neutrality––to blatant advocacy, double standards, and explicit partisan hatred." -Bruce Thorton.

The consequence of media bias is a lack of democracy. If democracy depends on an informed population, a bias media undermines this.

I think the reason CNN and MSNBC
Appear biased is all about perspective..

About the time Obama got elected the GOP went all conspiracy theory.

Fox News and the GOP began preaching that "all the world's media, scientists, mathematicians , college professors, teachers, unions and anyone else not conservative enough, were all in a vast interconnected conspiracy trying to make republicans look bad and discredit Jesus!!!"

When in reality all the smartest people on the planet see right through their BS so they disagree..

The appearance of biased imho is how bad the right wing propaganda has gotten...

When you've got one side selling a totally fictitious narrative and if your assuming the truth is in the middle that means both sides are lying..

When really one side is pulling on the heartstrings to get you to care about whatever social justice issue is popular this week and the other side is just making stuff up out of whole cloth and using slippery slope arguments while taking single examples and pretending it applies to whole groups of people....

If the only why your right is if all the world is in a vast conspiracy to make you look bad, your prob just self centered and wrong...

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Are you joking?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Youve watched enough propanda .
Shut off the idiot box .
Step outside and get some fresh air .
All that propaganda is harmful to health .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Multi headed hydra.

CNN is the propaganda wing. Gubment is the legal branch, education the indoctrination branch, etc.

The ministry of truth (news) agenda is to repeat the same thing over and over to get the most of the people on the same page, at the same time. Whatever they are repeating verbatim across the most channels is how you tell.

Try channel hopping across the cable news channels at the top of the hour. Catch the "top of the news' story intro.

The current brain washing regimen is against Trump via Sessions.

Edit: Ultimately designed to give everyone the impression of division within the two party 'system', the truth is they are the same beast.
edit on 3-3-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
CNN is so obviously biased it's not a question. And it's really unfortunate that they have fooled a lot of gullible people. By the nature of man, everything is subjective and biased to a point, and then there is propaganda outlets, CNN, ny daily news, are purely propaganda political machines.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
All the media is biased. Fox is just as biased for the right as CNN is for the left.

This is really self evident and shouldn't even need to be explained.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Cnn is garbage, they have a huge budget but there clearly a tabloid news at this point.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The Satire is killing me.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

CNN is worse than garbage.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dude...come on...you JUST started a thread about logic and rhetoric, and now you're saying that the bias is just a lack of perspective due to the fault of heavy GOP propaganda?

Both the GOP and the Democrats and been blowing massive amounts of alarmist hyperbole up the ass of the American people for decades--slippery-slope arguments are the foundation of both parties' cliché arguments in modern politics. I guess not living in either camp since about 2009 has provided me THAT perspective.

CNN is biased just like FoxNews is biased, and for the same reason--they both favor one side of the political spectrum and spin their stories in that direction, often even publishing incorrect information in order to (or having the result of) make[ing] that favored political wing appear to be a better option.

But, no, it has nothing to do with GOP propaganda and conspiracies, it has to do with the reality that they truly are biased.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
All the media is biased. Fox is just as biased for the right as CNN is for the left.

Shouldn't need to be, but apparently it does with some people

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dude...come on...you JUST started a thread about logic and rhetoric, and now you're saying that the bias is just a lack of perspective due to the fault of heavy GOP propaganda?

Both the GOP and the Democrats and been blowing massive amounts of alarmist hyperbole up the ass of the American people for decades--slippery-slope arguments are the foundation of both parties' cliché arguments in modern politics. I guess not living in either camp since about 2009 has provided me THAT perspective.

CNN is biased just like FoxNews is biased, and for the same reason--they both favor one side of the political spectrum and spin their stories in that direction, often even publishing incorrect information in order to (or having the result of) make[ing] that favored political wing appear to be a better option.

But, no, it has nothing to do with GOP propaganda and conspiracies, it has to do with the reality that they truly are biased.

Define bias??

If it's people's honestly held beliefs, is that a propaganda type bias or something far less sinister??

The thing with the right wing news stuff is it is all logical fallacies with no legit points mixed in...

I'm a white Guy who has lived in mississippi the vast majority of my life where all media is right wing. So it makes up the majority of my political intake.

I'll hear one sides point , then go check the other sides rebuttal, and RARELY is it the non conservative media who is using logical fallacies... and I say non conservative because it is not just left wing media organizations they are talking about. It is EVERYONE not a hardcore conservative.

I'm not saying you couldn't find any logical fallacies in the other nonconsrvative ones, but I don't think it is a zero sum game or that all propaganda is created equal..

Hell their party platform is just insane...

"I shouldnt have to pay for that", when there are countless things tax dollars pay for that we don't even know about... like you personally are paying for whatever homeless persons healthcare...

"Government is the problem" when everything from ownership to police and fire re all 100% based on government.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but it's not that Islam doesn't kill people , people kill people. You can't have that both ways..

I literally cannot think of any right wing taking point that isn't a logical fallacy...

Maybe that democrats don't care about immigration just about securing votes, but even that is a gross over generalization.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Literally a federal court just ruled that CNN is guilty of reporting false information to support their views. Who are you shilling for?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is nothing new. Let's be honest, we have liberal and conservative bias news. If the corporate ownership of a news organization aligns themselves politically left or right, you will get news slanted in that direction. I really don't know how we get away from bias news, because we're only human and we all form opinions based upon what we're taught and what we've been exposed to growing up. If our country did away with the party system altogether, maybe then we would have more objective news.

You're being bias by only pointing out liberal news and not conservative news!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Fox is as biased towards the right as EVERY OTHER OUTLET is biased towards the left. Fixed it for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"CNN is NOT biased and is a fair network. "

From just tuning in to CNN he last couple of days:

It's been absolutely proven that Russia hacked the DNC to throw the election.

There absolutely zero proof that Russia hacked or influenced the election in any way.

"I did not have international relations with Russia" says Jeff Sessions

⬆️ That repeats every few days, so yeah, they're covering it all. We did, we didn't, he said, but no she said.......🙄

Not biased, just all over the place. Somewhere in the cluster of opposing statements, lies the truth. Somewhere.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Don't worry, we only have this crap for another month or two. Obama is coming back in force- remember? But not until weather is nice enough , he doesn't do anything till the weather is golfable...

The left is seriously desperate right now. Look at the headlines- Obama has 30000 retards ready to go, as soon as the weather gets nice....
Oprah is thinking about a presidential bid.....
NYC has hillary for mayor signs appearing....

They just weren't taught how to vent and deal with sh#t that doesn't go their way.
Riots, lies, filibusters. ...

Don't worry, they might not ever stop being obnoxious - but it's not their fault- it's hard to grow up knowing how to deal with reality, when you still sleep on your mom's (plural) couch playing xbox, paid for by dad's child support. .....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join