It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A single image sums up the current state of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It's more depressing than it is funny, really.

What's even worse is that this is within the top 6 topics OF THE YEAR

I suppose it's one of those crying/laughing things. Like when you hit your funny-bone really hard in front of a group of your friends.

Anyway, Thought it was humorous

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Guess we should start draining the swamp. Oh we did and ended up with a mud pit.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
That is funny!

I was thinking more like this, with the constant barrage of animosity, I can't keep up! haha

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
To some, this is a game of online battles won and bragging rights to political affliations... to others, its a case of where the country and our future needs to go.

Neither thread topics are accurate, nor any of their contents.
I voted for trump, because trump had a chance to be untainted by political corruption and mindless pandering and empty promises... i was almost ok with his business aptitude until it became clear it's politics as usual; we have seen this before... just not recently. This entire debacle is simply wrapped in the industrial-era context when America was expending circa the early 20s to late 40s...
But we have seen all this before, this is all still politics as usual.

edit on 2-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Neither thread topics are accurate, nor any of their contents.
I voted for trump, because trump had a chance to be untainted by political corruption and mindless pandering and empty promises... i was almost ok with his business aptitude until it became clear it's politics as usual; we have seen this before... just not recently. This entire debacle is simply wrapped in the industrial-era context when America was expending circa the early 20s to late 40s...
But we have seen all this before, this is all still politics as usual.

" i was almost ok with his business aptitude"
That's where you went wrong, as Trump did some time ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thank you!

I'm not having fun anymore on this site.

I'm contemplating an extended break. I took a deliberate month off of ATS and away from politics altogether two weeks after Trump was elected.

I'm definitely feeling *differently* about this site over the last few weeks.

Sorry for my somber post, but the oft soul-crushing discourse is not something I care to be a part of.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yep... It's not going to do any good discussing it. It is what it is. Actually, it's better now than it was a couple of weeks ago. It was absolutely ridiculous around here. I mean, EVERY thread you seen either had Trump or "libtard" in the title of it. That's not an exaggeration either.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
To some, this is a game of online battles won and bragging rights to political affliations... to others, its a case of where the country and our future needs to go.

Ehhhh, the vast majority of it is partisan bickering. Anyone here who shows any genuine concern or possible solutions about what's going on either gets ignored, has snarky comments thrown at them by both sides or gets verbally attacked.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's not impossible to find your moment of Zen in the deepest of turmoil.

Just roll with it, or break from it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Thank you!

I'm contemplating an extended break. I took a deliberate month off of ATS and away from politics altogether two weeks after Trump was elected.

Sorry for my somber post, but the oft soul-crushing discourse is not something I care to be a part of.

don't be sorry, it's evident that a number of long-standing members feel this very way.

Yes, politics is a major topic, especially with conspiracies, and especially around election time. However, this election has been a detriment to ATS.

Great conspiracies surrounding them, sure, but I have never witnessed such a divide between our members regarding who favors which candidate more, or more accurately, who hates which candidate more.

There was no winning this election, but now ATS has this ever-present distaste for everyone else due to political stances. and these topics are so prevalent that it has become a rarity to see something other than politics.

This feels no longer like a conspiracy form, but rather an American Political forum.

It's become a very uncomfortable and uninteresting place to stay, and I desperately hope something happens to change it.

But i'm not going to hold my breath for 4 years

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Thank you!

x2

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Sorry, y'all, the party's over. I have been on here for almost 6 years and I have to say that, for the entire 6 years, people have complained that ATS is "not the way it used to be" and it now blows. I also felt the same way. It's a little like a relationship....there's the honeymoon phase, and then you see what it really is, and how for some reason the thrill is gone......I took a VERY long break from ATS, because it has become nothing but a news reporting site, and the politics is about as fun as taking turns pulling each other's teeth out with pliers.

I no longer care. If I feel like it, I jump in, stir what has become an ancient coprolite pit of butt hurt nonsense and fussing, and then jump out again and live my life.

Face it. ATS will continue to evolve and either we like the direction, we try to change the direction, we complain about the direction, or we get off the ride and find a life. Don't forget to put the lid back on the pot before exiting the kitchen.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just make the threads that you would like to see. I'll probably read them and post in there or at the very least give it a star and flag. If all the unhappy people make their own threads that aren't political then perhaps more of you will be happy again. Yes?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thats what Im talking about, thats the attitude!

As far as the Op though, I thought it was funny too!! Hey Ghost147 you still do art man?? You made some killer backgrounds and avatars and sigs in the past.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You just can'tstay away can you?

This place is what you make it and obviously you are regularly baited into forums and discussions that don't suit your need for something a little more light hearted perhaps. Tune your "my ats" for more fun and less bother. It works.
edit on 3/3/2017 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Aww, hey Ghost147! So great to see you again, have always enjoyed your threads!

I feel a different 'tone' around here lately too.
It just doesn't feel as friendly as it did, and so many threads end up being argued to death.

I've written a few threads and just let them sit in notepad.
Quite a few people are feeling down and don't want to get criticized or bullied for discussing their thoughts, theories or opinions.
jacy

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Just make the threads that you would like to see. I'll probably read them and post in there or at the very least give it a star and flag

Thanks night star! You've always got my back

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Night Star

Thats what Im talking about, thats the attitude!

As far as the Op though, I thought it was funny too!! Hey Ghost147 you still do art man?? You made some killer backgrounds and avatars and sigs in the past.

Unfortunately I don't have much time on my hands lately, 2 jobs, gym, and several projects are eating up my freedom.

But I do frequent the avatar creations thread, just in case

originally posted by: jacygirl

Aww, hey Ghost147! So great to see you again, have always enjoyed your threads!

I feel a different 'tone' around here lately too.
It just doesn't feel as friendly as it did, and so many threads end up being argued to death.

I've written a few threads and just let them sit in notepad.
Quite a few people are feeling down and don't want to get criticized or bullied for discussing their thoughts, theories or opinions.
jacy

I don't mind causing a of feather-rustling kin my threads, but these political threads are driving me nuts.

I think we just need to spam ATS with well written alien/ghost/non-political conspiracy/lost civilization/cryptozoology/theoretical-question asking threads until we push politics out of the norm

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Oh yes! Love those other topics!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Perspective... nice

new topics

top topics

join