It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does all these so called Enlightened Buddhas come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Freedom is not a virtue, virtue is a trait, a principle and moral choices, to put it simple;" Its character within "

Most people look for means to justify a belief based on a single narrative of your own subjective reality.

And reading a western zen aphorisms based on a subjective narrative, becomes something weird when Freedom is included.
A zen aphorism is merely a logical statement in a philosophical western culture, where the first is hope/dream and the other reality in a single sentence.

"I heal souls, where spirits are broken" is a zen aphorism i just made, by using no more than Christian values and ideologies.

Buddhahood, means shattering illusions, not creating ones.

edit on 2017228 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What fun is it living a shattered illusion?
Sit around humming in the mountains.
I craft my own illusion to the best of my skills.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

As long as Freedom is withheld and/or limited throughout mankind's nations,... Freedom stands as an ideal and hoped-for virtue.

Buddhic awareness is not in shattering nor creating, rather, it is in experiencing existence and reality with the utmost of clarity.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Buddhism is about money, power, deception and controlling people.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Second Patriarch sighed sadly and said, "I only
beg your compassion, to open up the gate of ambrosia, and save
all creatures." Bodhidharma said, "The wondrous path of all
the Buddhas requires zealous work over vast aeons, practicing
that which is difficult to practice, enduring the unendurable;
with little virtue and petty knowledge, a shallow heart and
arrogant mind, how can you hope to seek the true vehicle?
There is no way." BCR

Can it be said that the work is greater than any one person? Absolute is not lacking its relatives. They are all necessary to the final product. Suffering is required to remove it. Freedom comes when the work is finished.
edit on 28-2-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

"But how can beholding the mind be called understanding? When a great bodhisattva delves deeply into perfect wisdom, he realizes that the four elements and five shades are devoid of a personal self. And he realizes that the activity of his mind has two aspects: pure and impure. By their very nature, these two mental states are always present. They alternate as cause or effect depending on conditions, the pure mind delighting in good deeds, the impure mind thinking of evil. Those who aren’t affected by impurity are sages. They transcend suffering and experience the bliss of nirvana. All others, trapped by the impure mind and entangled by their own karma, are mortals. They drift through the three realms and suffer countless afflictions and all because their impure mind obscures their real self." Bodhi-dharma's Breakthrough Sermon

To complete selflessness, it is an imperative that we end the suffering of others who are trapped by their own ego. To simply sit (practice) is like a musician perfecting his craft, yet failing to ever enter the stage to perform what has been mastered. The work of the MUNI (Sage) is to awaken the higher nature of a person above to find their ego below and remove its bonds. YOU are much older than this 'I' below. As long as the ego here is selfish, the true identity above is not known. Com in Latin means 'with.' MUNI is the Sage and also means Duty. Cate means to bring from within out. Cate also means to eat / food. We both consume and serve. Sitting is only half of enlightenment. The other half is getting up and entering the stage to perform what you have learned.

ComMUNIcate - Transmission by actions, thoughts, words and deeds.

RUMI

How can God’s love let you go? We should be
thankful that God does not let us go. When a
child is small it knows nothing but milk and its
mother. Yet, God does not leave the child there,
but leads it on to eat bread and to play, and in this
manner draws it on to the stage of reason. So too
in this world—which is in its infancy compared
with that other world—God does not leave you
here, but brings you on so you can realize that
this is infancy and nothing at all. I am amazed at
the people who must be dragged to Paradise in
chains and fetters.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Perhaps by certain monks and certain temples, but besides these renegade examples, can you please show us in the Buddha's teachings where money, power, deception, and control are propagated or taught?

new topics

top topics

join