It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rich The Media The Upcoming Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The mob has a soul but no brain and the individual has a brain but no soul.

The rich will be whoever the mob thinks has more (or better) "stuff." The poor will be anyone who appears to have nothing.

The true elite will bunker down with their mercenaries, having failed to read, understand or learn from the lessons of history. Anyone who's loyalty can be bought can be bought again at twice the price. Or maybe they'll just connect the dots and reason: "why should I protect this slug when I can take his wife, his daughter, his stuff and rule in his place?

It's one of the oldest stories going. I'm not cheering for it and I have nothing. Civilization is a razor-thin veneer. It exists because most of us decide it does, on a daily basis. There is nothing good on the other side of open revolution in the first world: that way yawns the abyss and all the demons implied by it too.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

As far as the American revolution is concerned... I don't so much look at America's forefather's as the aggressors. It's not like the U.S. marched in England and took off with the wealth. America was fighting for what was happening in their own back yard. The internet is not needed of course, but people of those times also didn't text each other while sitting across from each other while dining.

Tyranny is also something that is not defeated... no matter what for of government. The simple reality is that keeping the government in check every so often is needed for a healthy balance of freedom and government. They don't need to die... they just need to move aside as our military and police say as the citizens collect a new cast of characters. Nobody needs to die.

We also have the added conflict of global markets... the U.S. choosing revolution essentially means the entire world is going to go through one as well. Never in history has a Superpower on Earth influenced the global economy... and the debt based markets equate to a game of dominoes if the 1st chip falls in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Anyone can do whatever they want as long as it's Constitutional.

Mess with that little document and there will be a fight.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Exactly the same as nowadays.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I find it darkly humorous that those that talk of a revolution for the masses also will have to kill countless numbers of innocent men, women, children to achieve their goals.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It all absolutely does break down to resources/assets and the 1% have disproportionately controlled those resources/assets for too long. A reset and redistribution is long overdue. Idealists believe that protests and and voting will get the job done and realist accept that nothing short of massive overwhelming revolt will do the trick. Yes times will be hard and life will be disrupted but that is the price that must be paid to reset the scales.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."

Disclaimer: I'm flying with the goose tonight and feeling particularly rebellious

edit on 26-2-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
as long as there is pizza and football there will be no revolution

bread and circuses

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

It'll be bloody.

That's for damned sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It'll be bloody.

That's for damned sure.

I'm ok with that, been there done it πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ»

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

It will be a race war, not a revolution. Desperation breeds hate.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

It'll be bloody.

That's for damned sure.

Sadly, too many who have a thirst for blood have never been ones to spill it.

Those that have and still have the thirst?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It will be a race war, not a revolution. Desperation breeds hate.

This is why it is absolutely vital that rural white militant groups and inner city gang type organizations set aside differences and come together. Not likely but impossible??? As is right now everyone is distracted by manufactured differences. Need some real intellectual leadership on both fronts.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

It'll be bloody.

That's for damned sure.

Sadly, too many who have a thirst for blood have never been ones to spill it.

Those that have and still have the thirst?

Not thirsty at all just at peace with the truth of the world and understanding of the fact that it takes bad men to subdue worse men and then only then can one attempt to find peace again. That is until the next bad men come along.

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Unless it's my garden you want.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Unless it's my garden you want.

Of course

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Might must serve right or it blooms into the flower of tyranny" King Arthur

Just sayin. lol

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Everyone looks at revolution as such a wonderful thing, but no one ever thinks about after the revolution either as winners or losers.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Death to the wealthy!

Share equally for the proletariat!

But make my share bigger, because I did more for the revolution.

I think France tried this. They made a movie re-enactment of it several times over. One of the most recent ones was Dark Knight Rises. It's basically what Bain was selling in his version of revolution in Gotham.

Eventually, the noble revolution ends up eating it's own. They did in France, and it led to the rise of Napoleon. And Napoleon terrorized Europe.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Everyone looks at revolution as such a wonderful thing, but no one ever thinks about after the revolution either as winners or losers.

Most of history's revolutions replaced what was with something worse. The odds of revolution leading to something better than what you had are pretty low.

So before anyone pops off, you better make darn sure the chaos and risk is justified.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They romanticize Che and other revolutionaries and never think about the blood, the loss, the hatred that follows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join