It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad Ali's Son Detained at Airport and Was Asked 'Are you Muslim?'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Spider879

I wonder why? We know the answer. Someone once declared jihad and fatwa on Americans before some Muslims hijacked planes and flew them into the twin towers killing thousands of innocent people. Also recall that Richard Reid, a radical Muslim, became a soldier of god who wanted to kill Americans. One day he decided to plant a bomb in his shoe, later attempting to ignite it on a flight.

Now we have the TSA. Now he have to remove our shoes. Now everyone, including the elderly and children receive pat downs, have to go through body scanners, and innocents are pulled aside for additional screening because they follow a certain religion.

Let's make sure we place blame where blame is due: on radical Muslims.

you are partially right.

we should also put the blame on the countries whom are endlessly bombing their countries since i dont know when. because you know, those 11 year olds who are currently watching their siblings or father and mothers and grandparents get blown up are not going to grow up loving the people bombing everything they know with no repercussions.

or can you recall a year in the past 50 year when we didnt drop a bomb in the ME somewhere?

we should also try to figure out why Muslim from south east China, Malaysia, central Africa, indo Asia arent eager to come and destroy America. we should ask why not a single Radical Muslim terrorist come from those regions, and they have similar sects as the ME Muslims.

those are all the things we need to look at if 'blaming' or finger pointing provides a solution.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Shuuuurrrr.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The world is the way it is because of radical Islam. It would be better if it didn't exist but it does. I cannot help being suspicious of those wearing Islamic garb because Islam scares me, this is the literal translation of the meaning of Islamaphobe. I fear Islam, I am an Islamaphobe, I can't help it.
edit on 26-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There are no " Radical Muslims " ; there are however tiniest number of muslims who have comitted " Radical Acts ".

Speaking of blame ; do you think the irrevocable support of Israel has any relations to USA's problems ?

Muhammed Ali is as American as the Apple Pie , better incorporate that fact or risk seccessionists to take charge.

Homeland Security and Ministry of Silly Walks have never stood for Freedom.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If bombings caused terrorism, we might have to ask why there are no Japanese, German or Vietnamese terrorist. The Americans dropped nuclear bombs on the Japanese, yet no Japanese are flying planes into buildings, strapping bombs into themselves, nor running over innocent people for their ideologies.

Besides you're wrong that no Islamic terrorists come from those regions. ISIS is a multinational, multiracial, multiethnic, murder cult. It has at least 500 members from Indonesia, and with frequent terror cells in Malaysia, Boko Haram all throughout central Africa, and the list goes on. There is only one thing connecting them. Not American bombs, not race, not economic status, but Islam.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

There are no " Radical Muslims " ; there are however tiniest number of muslims who have comitted " Radical Acts ".

Speaking of blame ; do you think the irrevocable support of Israel has any relations to USA's problems ?

Muhammed Ali is as American as the Apple Pie , better incorporate that fact or risk seccessionists to take charge.

It's not just USAs problems, but the world's problem. Better incorporate that fact.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
common sense just doesn't rule much anymore....

Former Norwegian Prime Minister held for questioning at Dulles Airport

wjla.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

right, but 0 from any of those regions attacked the us [soil].

if you want to believe our never ending destruction of their homes doenst breeds hate and indignation behind the guise of religion, by all means.

war is our business. period. we manufacture and sell it.

under which presidency have we not dropped a bomb on in a foreign country can you remember? for a peaceful country, we are eerily similar to the religion of peace.
edit on 26-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wonder how the same Muhammad Ali who Trump praised in his Black History month speech would feel about his son getting stopped and interrogated about his religion?

Because of Trump. (Or, to be more exact, Bannon.)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

while clearly you all think we should have the right not to be questioned over our religion, can we also agree we should have the right not to have to take our damn shoes off and pose in a machine that shows us nude to the operator everytime in an airport as well?

what about the hands on fondling they like to perform on people too, is that also more acceptable then questions about ones faith?

Well and they were coming from an out of country event known to attract black nationalist sorts, black identity sorts. And in america, traditional black islamists have always been a concern as they should be. Not much different from white identity groups.
edit on 26-2-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Well no, once Muhammed Ali changed his name to same he willingfully became a tool of the Black American Muslim interpretation of the world wide Black diaspora at the hands of any number of powers. When he dumped his "white" name, and didn't even take an African name on top of that he made a clear statement.

At any rate you cant really beef about Israle Jews returning to their home land as a solution to their diaspora and ask me to feel your pain over on this issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The world is the way it is because of radical Islam. It would be better if it didn't exist but it does. I cannot help being suspicious of those wearing Islamic garb because Islam scares me, this is the literal translation of the meaning of Islamaphobe. I fear Islam, I am an Islamaphobe, I can't help it.

And haven't you heard the press at every level......just heard it today at the local level, commentator claiming that Islamics are "scared" these days because of Trump la de da. See its ok if these and all these others are scared but not you, oh no your a regular phobe of some sort. Cant have pure clear fear without a hang-up unless you is on the lefty group list of registered to be allowed to be afraid. LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

right, but 0 from any of those regions attacked the us [soil].

if you want to believe our never ending destruction of their homes doenst breeds hate and indignation behind the guise of religion, by all means.

war is our business. period. we manufacture and sell it.

under which presidency have we not dropped a bomb on in a foreign country can you remember? for a peaceful country, we are eerily similar to the religion of peace.

False. The religion of submission has no comparison to the US, nor any other western country.

It doesn't matter if they attacked the US or not. This is a worldwide problem. Islamic terror attacks are a near daily occurrence. The US military, for the most part, abides by the Geneva convention. It does it's best to avoid civilian casualties, with obvious failures. It protects state treasures. It learns from its mistakes. Terrorists do not.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Wonder how the same Muhammad Ali who Trump praised in his Black History month speech would feel about his son getting stopped and interrogated about his religion?

Because of religious terrorists, or have you already forgotten?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Because of religious terrorists, or have you already forgotten?

Forgot what? Are we in some kind of new danger now that we weren't in last year? Or the year before?

Maybe I'm missing all the recent terrorist attacks against the U.S. that are supposed to make me so afraid I support people being detained and questioned about their religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Weren't these people carrying I.D., Passports etc? These would have been checked and regardless of any religious affiliation they were asked. Once confirmed, they should have immediately proceeded out of customs.

But upon further research, they were pulled aside because of their Arabic sounding names. If anyone was held longer than the initial vetting screening, that is a foul on the TSA and Trump's new vetting requirements.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

bombings caused terrorism, we might have to ask why there are no Japanese, German or Vietnamese terrorist. The Americans dropped nuclear bombs on the Japanese, yet no Japanese are flying planes into buildings, strapping bombs into themselves, nor running over innocent people for their ideologies.

Well on the face of it yes no German , Japanese and even Vietnamese wore a dress made of bombs, one because they came to accept the cessation of hostilities , the Japanese and the Germans received the benefit of the Marshall plan and built world class economies, while the Vietnamese eventually won the peace and looking very capitalist right now, despite the high body count in that war, in the case of many places in the Middle East undeclared wars have been raging over half a century sometimes by proxy sometimes direct, we put in place dictators for life that generally died in office, but one thing about those ppl they can carry a grudge for very longtime, to stop terrorism at this point won't come from draconian laws or the bullet, bullets do not kill ideas.

Logrock said

Well and they were coming from an out of country event known to attract black nationalist sorts, black identity sorts. And in america, traditional black islamists have always been a concern as they should be. Not much different from white identity groups.

You just throw all that in there ,for all you and I knew he was there to talk about his father at the height of the civil rights era, a key figure in the right of Black men to stand as men or maybe you think black men who stand as men are a concern.

While I am in no way religious and will kept my name as is , Africans have had a place in Islam it since it came into being as they had with Christianity so I don't see the problem with dropping a name to fit your world view or keeping the old one.

edit on 26-2-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yes, we are going to live like this.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, Jr got treated better than his dad did.
He never got put in a coloureds only line, or refused service at any of the restaurants because of his colour.

Maybe the problem is the TSA recruiting low and training on the cheap?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

He did drop his name to fit his world view. And you would be right about the tone but the problem is he said himself that his Clay name was slaveholder and apparently any traditional African name suffered the same fate to his new Islamic american world view (his view being more of the american islamic sort). Traditional African names are not christan or Islamic but are tribal and old. There is a difference between someone that would change his name to identify with a person not even of his own tribe and then use race interpretations about being black in say america. Hard to understand how a person can be African american and take an Arab slaveholder and slave runner name and turn and harp about race conditions in US. Its not apple pie.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join