It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Plows into Crowd in New Orleans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
does anyone else notice how often the Mirror UK, RT and other "offshore" media sites so often puts out breaking news?

Yeah the pathetic US MSM outlets tend to just parrot what they find other outlets reporting. They're not even really news outlets anymore, just propaganda machines used to manipulate the public.

edit on 2/25/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
A friend has been posting videos all day of the parade and not a word about it, and he is still posting.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah bro, I do it all the time, for sure.

Go troll somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

• Harrison said there is no indication the accident was an act of terrorism.

Full article here

fox5sandiego.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

A little more from your link...

""NEW ORLEANS — One man is in custody after an accident at a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans injured at least 21 people, five seriously, officials said.

Police Chief Michael Harrison said it appeared the suspect, who was driving a pickup truck that hit two cars before running into the crowd, was likely highly intoxicated. Among the injured, the youngest is 3 and the oldest are in their 40s.""

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Starting to circulate that it was a drunk driver

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Totally surreal that scene with that music playing. Now I've seen it all at last!

EDIT: Apologies for forgetting to virtue signal.

WTF are they taking toddlers to a night parade for?!? And what does a 3 year old need beads for?
edit on 25-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Was the guy carrying a passport ?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why does he need a passport. He looked like some normal American Kid in his 20's.

Drunk and stupid.

(Sarcasm) We better up our war on weed though after this. You know, because Weed = Bad, Booze = Good. (Sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Heh, no it fell out and was laying on the ground, right in plain sight, in front of the first investigators on the scene!!
According to the MSM, he has radical ties to extremist islam and is a radical local cleric who has been previously jailed in Guantanamo after being captured in Afghanistan and being moved there from a Black Site in Chechnya via extraordinary rendition.

/extreme sarcasm = OFF! (in other words, JUST KIDDING!!!)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

LOL

You forgot to say that some unnamed person at the scene claims he was yelling "Allah Akbar" too.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Dammit!! I knew I missed something!!!!

Thanks!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

In the first video you posted an older guy comes over to a cop and says, "Hey that guy just pulled a knife on me," and points at someone off screen. Then another guy walks over with both his hands up showing that they're empty. The cop walks away and the second guy goes back to the first guy and asks, "Where's the knife?"

I have a lot of comments, but they're all mean, so I'll skip it. Just thought it was interesting.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Fracking pos drunk driver injured 28 people including some kids. He had too much to drink and still drove. I hope he gets some jail time for this. There is no excuse to drive when you are drunk. At least none of the injured people are in critical condition. That's something. I wish them all a speedy recovery. It's troublesome that so many people on social media are again dissatisfied because it wasn't a terrorist attack. Screw you.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: smurfy

Totally surreal that scene with that music playing. Now I've seen it all at last!

EDIT: Apologies for forgetting to virtue signal.

WTF are they taking toddlers to a night parade for?!? And what does a 3 year old need beads for?

The german media reported that it was a family oriented parade. Quite common too.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My brother was riding in this parade (Endymion), he's a member of that krewe and rides every year.

I got to ride with them one year, it was an insane experience. A drunk person tried to drive through the crowd that year and was killed outright by the police before he could run anyone over. Evidently the driver in this case got past them, because I know from experience that the N.O. cops will shoot to kill in such an incident.

I won't say that such things are par for the course, but they definitely happen when you get that many people together in one place under those circumstances. It is unavoidable.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Apparently there were barricades in place due to fears of a terror attack similar to what happened at the Berlin Christmas market terror attack recently.

It looks like the dump truck that stopped the pickup was part of the barricade.

It might have been even worse if not for the barrier.

I wonder how long it will take before they release the name of the driver.

www.wxii12.com...
edit on 25-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Fracking pos drunk driver injured 28 people including some kids. He had too much to drink and still drove. I hope he gets some jail time for this. There is no excuse to drive when you are drunk. At least none of the injured people are in critical condition. That's something. I wish them all a speedy recovery. It's troublesome that so many people on social media are again dissatisfied because it wasn't a terrorist attack. Screw you.

Officials said 21 people, including a police officer and a child, were taken to seven hospitals. Five were in critical condition. Alcohol is a killer.
edit on 25-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Hmm my source was the german media. There is nothing written about the 5 people in critical condition in the article. That's kinda odd.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: D8Tee

Hmm my source was the german media. There is nothing written about the 5 people in critical condition in the article. That's kinda odd.

I just googled New Orleans and clicked the first link, not sure how accurate it is.

www.nola.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join