It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, this is my first post, just want to give it a try

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Well, I am a pretty old dude and so computers are still a little scary and this is the first time I have posted to ATS, and for that matter posted anywhere. I uploaded my first and only video to You Tube yesterday, so this has been a week of trying new things for me.

I am interested in UFOs or I guess they are now called UAPs? I am skeptical, as you can probably tell from my handle "ufosk3ptic", but I keep an open mind. After all, there have been a LOT of credible witnesses and they can't all be wrong. And it is not hard to believe in a cover up - if a civilization has the technology to travel to the earth and visit us, I would imagine that would make our guvm't very nervous. Certainly the topic bears critical study and should not be dismissed as so much bunk. So I think I will mostly hang out in the ET forums - after I notch my 5 posts.

Anyway, I can't think of anything else to type now. I promise never to be critical of anyone or to say anything stupid! I am excited to participate.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ufosk3ptic

Skepticism is good. Always question... welcome to the site.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Have a nice time

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Welcome! Respond to 5 comments here (or any thread) and you are there. Tons of threads for you to indulge in here as you already know. The freshman forum can answer most basic questions. Enjoy your time here and thumbs up on the open mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, ufosk3ptic!

Trying new things is growth or is that chaos... anyway, glad you are here with us on ATS!

There is also the Grey Area where posts without pictures and other forms of proof are posted. Lots to read through! Have fun and enjoy your time here on ATS!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No matter how well mannered you intend to be.....
There are some members that will insult you at any opportunity. & take pleasure in pushing your buttons.

Welcome

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

i.telegraph.co.uk...

*WELCOME* from one silver surfer to another
edit on 23-2-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh please just because you snowflake are triggered by every word someone types...
Go to your safe space you victim.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ahhhh..a friend from across the pond. I have quite a few friends in England, I have taken every chance to visit when the opportunity presented itself.

I like the "Silver Surfer", unfortunately, my hair is what I would call gray :>)

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello there

Welcome to ATS !

Its a big place so have a look around and get familiar with it . There is alot to see .

Its good to be sceptical btw, question, question, question .
Get in there !

-O85

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hello sir and welcome to ATS, I hope you´ll enjoy your stay here

Much love!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Welcome.

Be scared . . .be very scared . . .and enjoy.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Congratulations and good for you... welcome to the new world. We all try to avoid saying something stupid...even stupid people. But hey... as I said before... no question is ever stupid. Even if it is a really stupid question the answer will be meaningful for at least one person...YOU. (Even if the answer is as stupid or worse than your question.)

But the philosophy aside... There are many open minded people here with a lot of respect and understanding for people in search of the truth. But beware...there are also what they call trolls around.. Don't feed them!!

Back to business... I am convinced...and I consider it logical.. that our knowledge of nature is very limited and should not think it is impossible to travel a thousend lightyears in a shorter time than the speed of light allow us to. Maybe there are other ways to travel and visit stars and their planets with applied laws of natuure we do not understand yet. With our..lets say...some 100 years of "advanced" physics and mathematics knowledge we have only made one tiny scratch in the surface of what is out there.

Can you imagine a civilisation a million years older than ours..? Probably a piece of cake to travel among the galaxies.

Welcome and have a good one..!!

edit on 23/2/2017 by zatara because: grammar

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Thank you for the support Zatara. My particular interest is trying to understand what is real and what is B.S. with respect to what the shadowy folks in government know about ET technology. I have read a lot of material about how we are reverse-engineering "captured" technology and I figure some is real, most is horse hockey...but...if even a tiny fraction of the material is real, that is significant.

Seems to me that the Universe is a pretty damn big place, and if we are the only intelligent life in it, that seems unlikely to me. I have also always believed if there is life anywhere other than earth, there probably is life everywhere.

thanks again for your nice reply.

top topics

join