It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Melody of Pi π in base 12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have had a fascination with the dozenal number system. The dozenal system is base 12 instead of the more commonly known base 10 decimal system.

In my search around the internet for information on the base 12 number system I came across this video where the creator manged to translate Pi

π into base 12 and then apply it to the 12 note western music scale.

The melody that base 12 Pi π produces is beautiful and enchanting I really love discoveries like this.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Oh my that was nice to listen to. But also, jarring at times. Like it was being rejected by ears or the brain for being not a normal melody. I liked it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I loved it, thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Just wow!

I mean it makes sense but wow.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Just wow!

I mean it makes sense but wow.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Well, the problem with this is, he selected different lengths for each measure giving it the appearance of a much more melodic flow. If he would have chosen identical measure lengths it would have been far more choppy and disjointed. There was also quite a bit of 'artistic license' taken with the different chord structures.

I have long been fascinated with Pi, and have a long standing research project underway wherein I believe I can prove that Pi does in fact repeat. However, the mathematical calculations behind this hypothesis have grown so complex, and the iterations so massive, that regular PC's can't handle the automation required. So I'm stuck presently because I need to be working with numbers so large most software wants to start rounding which screws things up.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah I was wondering how many liberties he had taken. I only have a mediocre understanding of music but felt he must have tweaked the results a bit.

top topics

join