It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing sues KC-46 suppliers over chemical mixup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Boeing has announced that they are seeking $10M in damages from Able Aerospace Adhesives and AlfaKleen Chemical Labs over the 2015 incident that damaged the first KC-46 and delayed first flight. According to Boeing, the chemicals were labeled as compliant with milspec MIL-PRF-680 Type III,when it wasn't.

Boeing ran the chemical through the fueling system, where it began to corrode everything it was put through. Boeing was required to strip replacement parts off other nearly completed aircraft, to repair the prototype so it could fly.

www.seattletimes.com...
edit on 2/22/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow. How far did that push them back?
At work and can't read the article right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

It pushed it back about a month to a month and a half for first flight, but it pushed aircraft #3 back to being the 4th completed, because they had to strip the fuel system out of it, to put into #1.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That is a big mistake, not a little one. I don't understand how the company could have made that big of a mistake, I think they need to get rid of a person or two there.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, it's a huge mistake. It really screwed the program at the time. They had overcome some other issues and were getting back on track when it happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I hope some of that money is for time wasted.
That is an extreme blunder.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
But but ammonia is a good cleaner...

new topics

top topics

join